Parent Accounts with Child Accounts Preview Program Eligibility.

Discus and support Parent Accounts with Child Accounts Preview Program Eligibility. in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hello, Is it true parent accounts that have child accounts are not be eligible for the Xbox Preview Program? Thank you.... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by kiralouise27, Jun 28, 2015.

1. kiralouise27
    kiralouise27 Guest

Hello,

Is it true parent accounts that have child accounts are not be eligible for the Xbox Preview Program?

Thank you.

:)

kiralouise27, Jun 28, 2015
  2. Mrs L
    Mrs L Guest
    Unable to add son to xbox one

As above,

Select child
    Sign in as parent
    get to the 50c card authorisation, add card details
    Then get card already exists on account - go through screens - again!!

Then after about 10 minutes updating account it fails with code 45468.7036976521340.5055251569016685

Go to xbox errorhelp - can't find it Parent Accounts with Child Accounts Preview Program Eligibility. :(

Can anybody help please we are pulling our hair out on this

Just to say the card is on account from xbox and also Microsoft accounts linked to the parents account!

Mrs L, Jun 28, 2015
  3. FIZBAN11
    FIZBAN11 Guest
    Avatar Companion blocked for child account - Parent can't purchase for a kid? Seriously?

So, my daughter wants to purchase an avatar item, Baby Groot Companion, for her avatar from the marketplace store. The item is FREE. She's blocked from doing so by MS due to being a child/teen account. Even though I am her parent, and even though I changed the family settings to allow her to purchase content and even though I have billing setup with MS, she still CANNOT purchase the item. I can't purchase it for her. Seriously?!!

Who in their infinite wisdom decided that FREE content allowed by a parent, can still NOT be purchased by a child? Come to think of it, if this is the case, why is there no way for a parent to purchase content and gift it to a child account?

FIZBAN11, Jun 28, 2015
  4. Flashtheknight Win User

Im To Young

Hello, if your account is seen as a child's account and is under a parent account the insider program most probably won't let you join without the parent account
  5. Misses Quinzel Win User

Child acounts and Xbox Preivew Program

Hey there, PJ990! Phone support is accurate and having a child account will prevent you from getting into the Preview Program. However, I do see that you have been invited, and got you access to the
    Preview Program Support forums. They will be able to assist you getting an invite to your parental account so that your console can be in the preview program.

Please let us know if you run into further issues accessing that site! :D
  6. IKAM1K4Z3 Win User

Profile Picture

You can’t change an child account to an adult account. Even when the parent gives “permission” it will not let you. You will have to wait until the account is eligible to be an adult.
  7. KindGryphon Win User

Parent account troubles (URGENT! PLEASE ANSWER WITHIN 7 DAYS IF POSSIBLE)

In order to chnage settings on th child account you MUST be logged into the parent account. When the child account is 18 years old you can then promote it to an adult account using the instructions posted here:

support.xbox.com/.../promote-child-account

Otherwise if the account is not able to be promoted yet then unless you can get into the parent account you wont be able to change the child account settings until its eligible to be promoted to an adult.
  8. ngocphi Win User

Preview Program

@op allso if your child has a child account he wont be able to participate in any betas or preview programs
Thema:

1. Parent Accounts with Child Accounts Preview Program Eligibility. - Similar Threads - Parent Accounts Child

2. Having reset child account to be parent account, the games & passes are now associated with...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having reset child account to be parent account, the games & passes are now associated with...: Hi it's day 4 of the Xbox birthday saga. Any help appreciated. My payment card etc got initially associated with the child account, and because it was all [mod removed] about face, once the child...
  3. unable to buy xbox gold ultimate for £1 - child account - you need a parent to buy this

in XBoX Accessibility
    unable to buy xbox gold ultimate for £1 - child account - you need a parent to buy this: Hi, I am trying to get my son access to the xbox game pass ultimate. He has 12 months left of xbox live but when we try and buy ultimate for £1 we get the following You need a parent to buy this...
  4. Parent vs Child Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parent vs Child Account: Hi smart Xbox community! I really need your help. I am very inexperienced with Xbox but have been able to control and monitor my sons activity and spending since 2002. Last Xmas our now 7yr old...
  5. Xbox One - Changing a Parent Account to a Child Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Changing a Parent Account to a Child Account: When we purchased Xbox for my son, we set up the account incorrectly. He is using my parent account to play instead of the child account, and I cannot block web browsing, incognito mode etc, or...
  6. remove parent account and remove child feature.

in XBoX on Consoles
    remove parent account and remove child feature.: I am now 18 and would like to remove parent acount and all consent options thanks. 36379065-1adb-4e37-8b4b-bcfb867b4d71
  7. xbox live redeemed on parent account - how to transfer to child's

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live redeemed on parent account - how to transfer to child's: Hi I've just downloaded a 3 month xbox live subscription but it has been added to my profile as parent account and not my son's. How can I transfer it? 802e3bb1-ffcc-40e4-8aeb-577123508f62
  8. is there a way to move gaming data from a parent account to a child account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is there a way to move gaming data from a parent account to a child account?: My son has been using my account for his games for years. Since he is older now, his info should be on his account not mine. Is there a way to move gaming data from a parent account to a child...
  9. Child account can see parent account, but the parent account can't see the child.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account can see parent account, but the parent account can't see the child.: Hi there, I have recently encountered a strange issue in regards to parental accounts. On my mothers account it is registered that she has no child accounts but on my account she is registered....
  10. Xbox Gift Card redeemed to parent account instead of Child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Gift Card redeemed to parent account instead of Child account: Hi I redeemed a gift card that my son had gotten for his birthday having signed into his child account. However the funds have been credited to my parent account and he cannot now use them to buy...