Parent Child account set up the wrong way round

Discus and support Parent Child account set up the wrong way round in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, When we got our Xbox I initially set up accounts to get up and running. It would appear that my Xbox account (adult) is set as a child and that... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Elisa.thomas8, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Parent Child account set up the wrong way round

Hello,

When we got our Xbox I initially set up accounts to get up and running. It would appear that my Xbox account (adult) is set as a child and that my Childs account is the adults. Please can you advise how i would go about correcting this please?

:)

Elisa.thomas8, Jan 8, 2021
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Family Account

The only way to set up a child account is to register it as such (under 18+ of age) and set up as parental account that of an adult.
  3. Knowitall(2) Win User

How can I stop son from purchasing.

Only "Child Accounts and Teen Accounts" accesses can be altered by the "Parental Account." If the account your child uses was set up as an "adult account" the only way to block access is to monitor your child's activity yourself.

For information regarding parental settings/child settings please see this link to the Xbox Support page relating to these options:

support.xbox.com/.../online-safety
  4. AngelObullets Win User

Profile Picture

Hi there Vinni 62

They can only do it on adult account not a child account sorry, Even if the parent gives permission the account needs to be an adult not a child, sorry it is the way the account secuirty is set up. Also you cannot change an child account to an adult due
    to it set to date of birth when signing up I hope this helps :D.
  5. Mister Gwyther Win User

Old email

Hey there John! Just to clarify, you have a Child Account, but it's currently attached to the wrong Parent, is that correct? In that case you'd need to first log in to the old Parent Account and remove the child from the Family Menu on the Settings Hub.
    The next time the Child Account logs in, it should prompt for a new Parent Account. Just enter the Parent Account info on those prompts and you're all set to go. Let us know if you have any questions on that, thanks!
  6. Wolfie McG Win User

Family Account

The only way to set up a child account is to register it as such (under 18+ of age) and set up as parental account that of an adult.
    As said this has to be right from the get go, there is no getting around that.
Thema:

Parent Child account set up the wrong way round

1. Parent Child account set up the wrong way round - Similar Threads - Parent Child account

2. Parenting and child accounts ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parenting and child accounts ?: Is it possible for anyone to add yourself or someone as a child when the person is an adult and has had a xbox live account since the begining of xbox live. If so how can this be corrected,...
  3. How to move an Xbox profile from a parents Microsoft account to a child's Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to move an Xbox profile from a parents Microsoft account to a child's Microsoft account?: Hi, When we first bought an Xbox years ago for my son we set up the Xbox with my account Microsoft account. Now that my son is older and has his own Microsoft account. He doesn't want to start a...
  4. Child account to parent account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account to parent account: Is there anyway I can change my account from a child to adult? If not can it be added? I have seen alot of friends and people online having the same problem. 796b4d50-3b40-46a1-9741-a7c8727730ab
  5. Transfering a child account from a deceased parent

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfering a child account from a deceased parent: My girlfriend purchased an XBOX S for her 16 year old son for Christmas, and we are having trouble getting things up and running. Her son's credentials are tied to an account that his father set...
  6. Remove parental control from my adult child's account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remove parental control from my adult child's account?: My child is now grown. It is ten years later. How can I remove parental control from my adult child's account? c83152a7-8b5e-46fc-96af-ead546e1f1ff
  7. My account changed to a child account and now I can't do anything without a 'parent's'...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My account changed to a child account and now I can't do anything without a 'parent's'...: Im 16 and I don't need these content restrictions telling me i can't watch Youtube without a parent's permission or play 18s. I dont even have a parent on xbox. I've tried different things with my...
  8. Family Safety/child account suggestion: Allow parents to meter the $$ in child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family Safety/child account suggestion: Allow parents to meter the $$ in child account: I realize that I can approve/reject purchases, but what I'd like to be able to do is give my kids an allowance, in addition to that. E.g., automatically give them $20/month. Or, retract money if...
  9. Cannot parent authorise a new child Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot parent authorise a new child Xbox account?: After creating a Microsoft account for my 8 year old son, I add the parent Xbox account and attempt to validate. Even on the very first or a separate attempt after days have passed, it errors out...
  10. Parent account automatically signs in on Xbox app on child's PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Parent account automatically signs in on Xbox app on child's PC: Hi all. Our household currently has an Xbox One console and two children's PCs. The Parent account has Game Pass ultimate and each of the child accounts on Microsoft Family have their own Game...