Parent restrictions turned off dont work

Discus and support Parent restrictions turned off dont work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i want to disable all restrictions for my son becasue he cannot do basic tasks such as change his custom image for his xbox one profile, I have turned... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by djstevet18, Aug 30, 2019.

1. djstevet18
    djstevet18 Guest

i want to disable all restrictions for my son becasue he cannot do basic tasks such as change his custom image for his xbox one profile, I have turned everything off and gone through all the settings to basically have the same settings as an adult account
    but hes still not able to change his xbox profile image as the family settings error essage keeps popping up....very frustating...what else can i do? even the customer support chat doesnt work either..

:)

djstevet18, Aug 30, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

3. Stracti Win User

Child to Adult Account Conversion Not Working?

Parental.sertings are controled by your parental.accoint not your home console

They will have to sign in on outlook or your xbox to make the changes

To use custom gamer pic you need to be an adult account no parental setting can change this

Also setting privacy settings to adult does NOt make.you an adult
    I already tried by signing in to the parent account and removing all restrictions on this account, and it didn't work. But I DID fix it. I did it by reverting the privacy settings back to child and then resetting them to adult about 5 times and ONLY then
    did the xbox live restriction say it was in effect so I could turn it off from the parent account (prior to that it said that there was no restriction in place under the parental settings).

Tl;dr: Tried turning it off and on again. Worked on the fifth time.
  4. wickedmoose Win User

Error

I had that same error "...restricted privileges..." in Halo 3 once. It turned out that one my friends in the lobby had some parental settings that needed to be turned off. It happened while trying to play on user created maps. Hope this helps.
  5. Pao_022 Win User

I have a problem with my account being restricted in forza horizon because of parental control settings

6. Ricardo Cintra Win User

Locked Privilege in Forza Horizon 4 on PC

Try see in your Parental Configuration, the your son accont don't have any restriction at all, some time we think with the a parental account dont have restriction but some option actived can be the problem. If don't resolve try make a report in https://support.xbox.com
Thema:

1. Parent restrictions turned off dont work - Similar Threads - Parent restrictions turned

2. Family parent content restrictions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family parent content restrictions: In your Family you can "always allow" some apps/games that are above your child's age restriction. Is there a way to do the same for the parent account if you have applied an age restriction on...
  3. time restrictions on parent account

in XBoX on Consoles
    time restrictions on parent account: I think I've seen the question asked elsewhere but didn't see one with an answer. My son has used my xbox one account (the only account set up on the xbox) for the past couple of years and I know...
  4. I have a problem with my account being restricted in forza horizon because of parental...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a problem with my account being restricted in forza horizon because of parental...: when i click in to the privacy settings on the xbox pc app i just get redirected to some parental control page where it says a parent has to log in etc, but i have an adult acc and im not in a...
  5. Child using parent account - time restrictions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child using parent account - time restrictions: Split from this thread. Has anyone found a solution to this as I think many parents have fallen into the same trap? e84abc73-686f-417e-964c-7b5cc1697c72
  6. Restriction parentale [Translation - Parental Restriction]

in XBoX on Windows
    Restriction parentale [Translation - Parental Restriction]: Je possède l'application Xbox sur mon PC sous Windows 10 et certaines fonctionnalités sont bloqués notamment en jeux cause d'un contrôle parental mais personne utilise une application Xbox chez...
  7. Can I set up time restrictions on my own parent account for xbox 1?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I set up time restrictions on my own parent account for xbox 1?: Can I set up time restrictions on my own parent account for xbox 1? Or do I need to create a child account? 2b17c275-ff4e-46d3-b4dd-e273c3be7877
  8. Parental Restrictions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Parental Restrictions: I've set up my Xbox One with pretty much everything blocked. What matters most to me is disabling children from downloading apps (even free ones). It says in my settings that the Xbox live user...
  9. Child using parent account - time restrictions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child using parent account - time restrictions: Hi, Bit behind with technology here. Bought Xbox for daughter, set up adult account and a child account for her, for some reason she ended up playing on my adult account all the time as it always...
  10. Game is above account's content restriction, but cannot choose parent account to give ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game is above account's content restriction, but cannot choose parent account to give ...: [img] This happened after factory resetting my xbox one, and now i cannot launch any game. I'm 15 years old and my own account is registered with my own age, and it is connected to my parent's...