Parental Controls: Allow LAN games, but not online?

Discus and support Parental Controls: Allow LAN games, but not online? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've been trying to get multiplayer Minecraft working in my house all morning. I've got two PCs and an Xbox setup for my kids to play. We have a game... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by jfxg, Nov 25, 2021.

1. jfxg
    jfxg Guest

I've been trying to get multiplayer Minecraft working in my house all morning. I've got two PCs and an Xbox setup for my kids to play. We have a game going on one of the PCs, logged in as a kids account. On both the other PC and the Xbox, when I'm logged in as my adult account, I can see the LAN game and join it. But as either of the kids accounts, the LAN game doesn't show up at all.

After experimenting with the Xbox family privacy controls for a long time (https://account.xbox.com/en-us/settings) it seems like enabling one Xbox setting, "You can join multiplayer games" allows the account to see the LAN game and join it, but it also unlocks all of the online Minecraft servers/realms. So that one setting is a global setting for both local, LAN games, _and_ online games. That can't be true, right? Am I missing something? There must be a way to allow local multiplayer and just restrict online...

:)

2. Jesse E' Win User

I'm afraid I have no idea why that is to be honest
  3. jfxg Win User

Thanks! I find that really surprising... it makes me wonder whether that setting is even supposed to apply to local multiplayer, and its Minecraft that incorrectly applied it to local games. It's typically only online access that parents need to worry about, and rarely is there ever a concern for preventing multiplayer between people in the same house? Or maybe I'm not creative enough to imagine that scenario :)
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

To my knowledge, there isn't a way to allows LAN multiplayer and restrict online access. It's just the one setting for all Multiplayer on child accounts.
  5. Major Kilowatt Win User

modern warefare 3 and family setting

Your parent would need to fix this by allowing mature content and games. Tell them to enable the setting in parental controls.
  6. HassanB Win User

Changing your age

Yes, you can as long as the parental controls on the console allow you to play those types of games.
Thema:

1. Parental Controls: Allow LAN games, but not online? - Similar Threads - Parental Controls Allow

2. XBOX - parental controls password. (As a parent) How to lock with no chance of breaking?

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX - parental controls password. (As a parent) How to lock with no chance of breaking?: Hi Is there any type of Xbox (can be an old one, i don't care) where i can set up a Parental Control password and be confident that it cannot be removed? Some links say that a kid with an...
  3. Destiny 2 - False Parental Controls

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 - False Parental Controls: After taking a needed break from Destiny 2, I decided one cold night to launch the game from the bottom of my game library. Upon the game loading, I continually was greeted with "Parental...
  4. Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge Parental Controls

in XBoX on Windows
    Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge Parental Controls: Hi, I was trying to play the game online and can not play the multiplayer battle as it says my parental controls will not allow it. I purchased the game as well as the online pass and the gold...
  5. Forza horizon 4 (xbox parental control)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forza horizon 4 (xbox parental control): Hi, so I have been getting issues with the Xbox parental control setting. I am 18 and I'm not in any family organization I did the Xbox privacy settings submitted restarted my pc and then it works...
  6. 如何取消Windows10上的Xbox Live家长控制?[How do I remove Xbox Live parental controls on Windows 10?]

in XBoX Accessibility
    如何取消Windows10上的Xbox Live家长控制?[How do I remove Xbox Live parental controls on Windows 10?]: 账号只有我在用并且确认保存的是成人信息了,但是玩游戏时有些功能提醒我:“ 据您的Xbox Live家长监控设置,功能已被封锁”,比如地平线3的涂装。难道我取消这个设置还要自己创建多一个家长账户??? [img] [img] [Mod Translation] The account is only available to me and confirms that adult...
  7. FH4: "This feature is blocked per your Xbox Live parental control settings" I'm the parent....

in XBoX Accessibility
    FH4: "This feature is blocked per your Xbox Live parental control settings" I'm the parent....: In Forza Horizon 4 and other games I get the message (or it's cousin) "This feature is blocked per your Xbox Live parental control settings". This is on an Xbox Series X and I'm the parent. I've...
  8. Xbox new Parental control method that allow players to play Online via shared accounts

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox new Parental control method that allow players to play Online via shared accounts: Xbox new Parental control method that allow players to play Online via shared accounts the method video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nt08JOgFNk submitted by /u/Ashamed-Management-1...
  9. parents control not working with games that allow to play as GUEST

in XBoX Games and Apps
    parents control not working with games that allow to play as GUEST: HI, I set up parent control for my kids on xbox one (using the parental control and adding time limits) and it is working well! HOWEVER : While my kids cannot signed in to his user account...
  10. parental controls won't allow me to access new console

in XBoX on Consoles
    parental controls won't allow me to access new console: My old account which I wish to use again with my brand new xbox one cannot be entered because the parental email no longer exists and cannot be reclaimed How can I access my account if I am...