Parental Controls blocking games from launching and I can't turn them off

Discus and support Parental Controls blocking games from launching and I can't turn them off in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to download the dlc for Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas on my Xbox360, but anytime I try to launch them a message comes up telling... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by tixutditxgixgjxhfzfhzhfzh, May 19, 2022.

1. Parental Controls blocking games from launching and I can't turn them off

I have been trying to download the dlc for Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas on my Xbox360, but anytime I try to launch them a message comes up telling me that the game is blocked by parental controls and I have to put in a 4 digit passcode. I have had the console for years and I have never had this pop up before which doesn't make any sense because I've played plenty of M rated games including the same Fallout games I'm trying to download dlc for, and I don't even remember setting up parental controls, considering that there's no reason I would need them. Because of that, I have no idea what the passcode is and when I try to change it, it asks me to answer a security question, which I don't know the answer to either. Beyond that it tells me I can change the parental settings on the Microsoft account used to register the console, and while I'm not precisely sure what email it was registered under, I tried every one that it could have possibly been, and none of them had an Xbox360 listed under registered devices. Considering how I don't remember setting up parental controls and have had no problem playing M rated games until now, I'm wondering if it is some sort of glitch because that's the only explanation I can come up with at this point.

:)

tixutditxgixgjxhfzfhzhfzh, May 19, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello! Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

The only option to reset a Parental pass code is to sign in to the email your Xbox 360 is registered on and change it from there:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/se...

If you tried all emails you could remember and none of them is the one that your Xbox 360 is registered on, you will need to contact the Xbox Support team.

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

Now if you think it's a glitch, since your Xbox never asked for a pass code before, I'd suggest to try to remove your account, power reset your Xbox 360 and add your account again to see if it works. I can teach you step by step how to do it if you are not sure.

If you need anything else, please let me know.
  3. Photonimus Win User

Downloading an Avatar Costume for Teen/Child Account

The issue may be a block due to active parental controls.

Try turning them all OFF and making the purchase from his account.

Once purchased, turn the settings back on.

Keep us up to date, we are here to help.
  4. Mcmax3000 Win User

Changing my age ?

You cannot change the age but you can turn off Parental Controls. See:
    support.xbox.com/.../parental-control
    for the steps (that document tells you how to turn them on but it is the same steps for turning them off... You can see the Off option in the image).
  5. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

parental control on

Your friend will have to sign-in with the account that created the parental control block and take them off. This is to prevent unauthorized usage.
  6. PositiveTomato Win User

access to on-line status

Have you got a family account setup at all, or parental controls?

That may be the issue.

Try asking your parent/guardian to turn off their parental controls, and reply if it does not help.

If your parent/guardian does not know how to turn parental controls off, tell them to promote the Xbox Live account to an adult one, instead of a child one. You may have a child account, instead of a full adult account.
Thema:

1. Parental Controls blocking games from launching and I can't turn them off - Similar Threads - Parental Controls blocking

2. FH4: "This feature is blocked per your Xbox Live parental control settings" I'm the parent....

in XBoX Accessibility
    FH4: "This feature is blocked per your Xbox Live parental control settings" I'm the parent....: In Forza Horizon 4 and other games I get the message (or it's cousin) "This feature is blocked per your Xbox Live parental control settings". This is on an Xbox Series X and I'm the parent. I've...
  3. "this feature is blocked per your Xbox Live parental control settings" comes up randomly on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "this feature is blocked per your Xbox Live parental control settings" comes up randomly on...: After my parent account allowed me to do everything, it still wouldn't let me access online. so I left the family. It worked but suddenly it stopped working again and I can't go online. I'm old...
  4. This feature is blocked per your parental controls

in XBoX on Windows
    This feature is blocked per your parental controls: Hey I hav tried to play online for a while now, and it says that i can't play because of my privacy settings. So i serached and found that i could go to a website from the xbox app, and it then...
  5. "this feature is blocked per your xbox live parental control settings" PC player!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    "this feature is blocked per your xbox live parental control settings" PC player!!!: Hello community, Yesterday when I loaded my Forza Horizon 4 game, I received this error "this feature is blocked per your xbox live parental control settings". I have never seen this error...
  6. This feature is blocked by Xbox Live parental controls.

in XBoX on Windows
    This feature is blocked by Xbox Live parental controls.: Hello, I recently purchased the Forza Horizon 4 game on PC. When I want to access Forza Horizon 4 multiplayer, I get an error message "This feature is blocked by Xbox Live parental controls. Upon...
  7. ต้องการหาวิธีเเก่ไข ''this feature is blocked per your xbox live parental control...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ต้องการหาวิธีเเก่ไข ''this feature is blocked per your xbox live parental control...: [Title Translation-Want to find a solution '' this feature is blocked per your xbox live parental control settings "in forza horizon 4 and xbox live (pc)] ผมไม่สามารถเข้าถึงบางฟีเจอร์นforza...
  8. Getting "This feature is blocked by Xbox parental control settings" message.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting "This feature is blocked by Xbox parental control settings" message.: For some odd reason I'm getting this message when trying to DL cars into Forza. I never had parental settings activated. I have no kids. I've had this account for many years. And I can't find a...
  9. This feature is blocked per your xbox live parental control settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    This feature is blocked per your xbox live parental control settings: Hi everyone - apologies if this has already been resolved elsewhere, I've been reading through forum after forum but can't seem to find the answer I need... My son was using my xbox one to play...
  10. FH4- Feature is blocked per your Xbox Live parental control settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FH4- Feature is blocked per your Xbox Live parental control settings: Hi My son is 11 and gets the message above when he ties to Fine Tunes his cars on Forza Horizon 4. Is this because it gives access to inappropriate material or is it a bug?...