Parental permission for games?

Discus and support Parental permission for games? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to download Saints Row III. I am 17, which is the age recommended by ESRB for M-rated games. However, I cannot buy it because I am "not an... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by gam3r monk3y, May 28, 2014.

1. gam3r monk3y
    gam3r monk3y Guest

I would like to download Saints Row III. I am 17, which is the age recommended by ESRB for M-rated games. However, I cannot buy it because I am "not an adult." To further complicate things, there is no parental account associated with my child account.
    Is there any way for me to get parental permission to download the game while it is still free?

Thanks!

:)

gam3r monk3y, May 28, 2014
  2. Tripp
    Tripp Guest
    family gold: need to remove subscription

Hey Kal! Just a thought, but have you tried messing around with the parental permissions and seeing if you can grant your sister's account permission to remove the music pass? Possibly looking under Zune/Xbox Music section and seeing if you can give her
    permission for passes or something. Then log onto her account and remove the pass?

Really not sure if it'll work, but its a thought to possibly try until a support agent/more knowledgeable person gets with you.

Here's the guide for parental controls:
    http://support.xbox.com/billing-and-subscriptions/parental-controls/xbox-live-parental-control

Tripp, May 28, 2014
  3. mammymytton
    mammymytton Guest
    child account

my son has had box live for 11 mths but its asking for parental permission everytime I try to complete the task to give permission I get an error code

mammymytton, May 28, 2014
  4. iamvinj
    iamvinj Guest

Please contact Xbox support to help you with your concern. You can contact them at 1-800-469-9269 (toll-free) Voice 9:00 AM to 1:00 AM Eastern Standard Time Daily English.

iamvinj, May 29, 2014
  5. VibroPlex Win User

parental permission

Electronic Arts is the publisher of the game. You may contact them at
    http://support.ea.com
    - it's their requirement, not that of Xbox.
  6. TaxableDruid90 Win User

Parental permission

They Did Not Forget The Password To Windows Live They Forgot It To The Parental Control Email
  7. Mcmax3000 Win User

Parental Permission?

If I'm correct, I understand your post to mean that your Windows Live ID was created as a child account and now you want it to be an adult account.

If that is the case, you can find the steps to do so by visiting this link:
    support.xbox.com/.../online-safety
    and then clicking on "Promote a child account to an adult account".
  8. nickisullivan13 Win User

Parental permission

You need to set up an account. If you already have an account sign into xbox.com and it will ask for the parent to sign in.
  9. DeluxeCactus2 Win User

Parental permission?????

HI, my son has just set up his Xbox live GOLD free membership, and everytime he tries to play it says he don't have permission. I have gone onto the permissions thing on Microsoft but I have had no luck. Could somebody please help.
Thema:

1. Parental permission for games? - Similar Threads - Parental permission games

2. Ask a parent permission has not gone threw

in XBoX on Windows
    Ask a parent permission has not gone threw: So im trying to buy a Sea of thieves from the Microsoft Store and it asked my dad for permission. He approved but, it still has not gone threw. It says hang tight it looks like your parent...
  3. "ask a parent permission" email not sending

in XBoX Accessibility
    "ask a parent permission" email not sending: Hi All, Just as the subject says - trying to change a profile name, email won't send to parent email address. d138194c-757e-49b6-9288-00d6dbe918b7
  4. Child needs parent permission to purchase

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child needs parent permission to purchase: I cannot find Content Restrictions 8d3567c4-5e4e-45ca-9316-d8adb0ddffdf
  5. Can't play game without a parent's permission

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't play game without a parent's permission: I recently bought Gears of War Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 so I can get nostalgic over the good old days when me and my dad would play it together when I was way to young to be doing so....
  6. Parental permission UK - how can I find the credit card option

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental permission UK - how can I find the credit card option: How can I find the credit card option to verify age? I don't want to upload my child's passport details or birth certificate to verify age. 59dd8bc4-4b97-4928-b8a9-f38adee9d561
  7. Account sign in issues, Constant asking for Parent Permission

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account sign in issues, Constant asking for Parent Permission: Hi all. When my son signs into his account it keeps asking for parent permission or he will lose things (i never set it all up so no idea what to do) Any help would be appreciated Thanks...
  8. Family parent permissions >>> Son games have been deleted!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Family parent permissions >>> Son games have been deleted!!!!: Hello all, Im no a Gamer but my kids are, Is it possible to add back games that no longer show under my sons profile that he is allowed to access, I can see the games on my daughter profile but...
  9. Parental permission issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Parental permission issues: I am trying to pre-order a game and it is asking for parental permission to buy it even though that setting option is turned off on my account. I have enough money on my account to buy it and the...
  10. Child isn't able to use Xbox live AFTER parental permission granted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child isn't able to use Xbox live AFTER parental permission granted: I paid the $0.50 parental permission fee and now my son can't sign into Xbox live. We're done all the work we were asked to do. When he signs in it said the account is associated with another...