Party Chat Audio Stops Working Suddenly in Xbox App on Windows 10

Discus and support Party Chat Audio Stops Working Suddenly in Xbox App on Windows 10 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm having an issue where I'll connect to a party using the Xbox App on windows 10 and suddenly my party chat audio stops (both other people can't hear... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ThatGirlSlays, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Party Chat Audio Stops Working Suddenly in Xbox App on Windows 10

I'm having an issue where I'll connect to a party using the Xbox App on windows 10 and suddenly my party chat audio stops (both other people can't hear more nor can I hear anyone else). I'll monitor the party chat window and my profile pic no longer lights
    up when I am speaking (mic not working) and I'll see indication that other people are speaking but I don't hear anything. I'll go to my party chat settings and the audio devices are correct. The only way to fix this issue is to leave the party and rejoin.
    The issue seems to happen randomly and I only notice after either a long period of silence or being alerted via text from my friends.

I'm using Astro A40 TRs (with mixamp) set to PC mode as both my microphone and my output device/speaker.

I think the issue is with Windows 10. I never experience the issue when I am i party chat directly on the Xbox (not using the app on the PC). My audio drivers are up to date.

:)

ThatGirlSlays, Dec 13, 2018
  2. ThatGirlSlays Win User

My Windows 10 is completely up to date. I did a complete reinstall last week as well performed an update check over the weekend. No privacy settings have been changed.
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi there!

Thanks for replying to keep us updated. Glad to hear that your Windows 10 device is fully updated and that your privacy settings are good. What you may wish to do is use our support article entitled Troubleshoot
    audio in parties and issues with multiplayer games on Windows 10
    to troubleshoot the issue. It'll take you through different steps and scenarios to ensure that everything is set up correctly to get you back in your party in no time.

Go ahead and give it a try and please let us know the results!

I hope this helps a bit more.
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello ThatGirlSlays,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We recommend making sure
    Windows 10 is up to date
    . Have any changes to the account's
    privacy settings
    been made recently? Be sure to let us know the results!
  5. Bestlano Win User

HUGE Probmlem On The Xbox on Windows 10 Party Chat

6. Wilfred Mac Win User

Xbox app for Windows 10: Echo issues in voice party chat

Hi,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why you are having echo or sound issues in voice party on the Windows 10 Xbox app. To help you resolve this concern, we need to gather more information. Kindly verify the following:

• Have you tried using a different profile and check if the issue persists?
    • Are you using wired connection?

In the meantime, we recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Troubleshoot game audio or video issues on Windows 10

Try different audio formats for party chat

Keep us updated.
Thema:

1. Party Chat Audio Stops Working Suddenly in Xbox App on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Party Chat Audio

2. Party chat through Xbox App while hearing voice/game audio through headset connected to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party chat through Xbox App while hearing voice/game audio through headset connected to...: The title is probably a little confusing. I have a Blue Yeti mic that I want to talk with to my party on the Xbox app, which works. The problem is, I can't hear anybody or the game audio with my...
  3. Wireless Gaming Adapters: No party audio or chat/ No audio at all

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Gaming Adapters: No party audio or chat/ No audio at all: Wireless Gaming Adapters: No party audio or chat/ No audio at all Hey Sophie! Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Since this is happening with more than one headset, let's make sure...
  4. Party Chat Audio Issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Party Chat Audio Issues: Party Chat is having a glitch. Me and my friends have been having issues with speaking to each other when we join one anothers partys. I can clearly hear my friend while they can't hear me but...
  5. Mic isn't picking up any game audio, but is fine in party chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic isn't picking up any game audio, but is fine in party chat.: So, I don't know why my mic/controller is doing this, but I recently bought a new controller and my mic isn't playing any game audio through it. I've connected it to other controllers and my mic...
  6. Will Xbox get party chat audio with game clips?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Xbox get party chat audio with game clips?: Soulf Xbox recorded game clips include party chat audio or have an option to have it in the clip or not?, so many times I’ve recorded a clip but realised it would have been a lot better with the...
  7. Party chat audio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Party chat audio: To get into this everytime I start a party, using the Xbox app my mic is constantly making an extremely loud static-like noise. The main problem is my Mic doesn't even need to be plugged in. Its...
  8. People can no longer include their party chat audio in a Stream?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    People can no longer include their party chat audio in a Stream?: I know everything is new today but one big huge major nelson of a feature has been either moved or removed. I like to stream with my friends at times love having them in my broadcast taking and...
  9. Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio: I can hear party chat and in-game chat in my headset, but I cannot hear audio. I have an xbox headset that came with my xbox one (purchased in 2015) as well as a butfulake gaming headset and the...
  10. Audio Issues in Party Chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Issues in Party Chat: I cant say I have found this exact situation in any of the other posts on there (or in other forum communities for that matter). In party chats, no other user can hear any audio from my...