Party Chat - Friends hear me, I cant hear them

Discus and support Party Chat - Friends hear me, I cant hear them in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; HI, I have recently moved into a new house with a new internet provider (ATT). Now I am having issues with party chat. They can hear me but I cannot... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DaBearz32, Oct 17, 2020.

1. DaBearz32
    DaBearz32 Guest

HI,

I have recently moved into a new house with a new internet provider (ATT). Now I am having issues with party chat. They can hear me but I cannot hear them.

In game chat I can usually hear them.

My NAT is open. Very good internet speed.

Any idea what is going on? This is very frustrating.

Thanks!

(I think my system did update recently to, the guide looks different)

:)

DaBearz32, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Mavric700 Win User

Friends/party app

I'm having the same problem with it. I going the party and my friends cant hear me and I cant hear them. some times I cant even get into party chat, I get stuck into game chat
  3. Seffial Win User

Party chat. They can hear me but i cant hear them.

i can hear them on the tv also when i unplug the mic
  4. Lord Kram Win User

Game/Party chat fail

This is happening to me also but I can't even chat to anyone at all

If I join a party from a friend inviting me, or I invite someone in the party you normally see 2 purple circles next to our names yes? My friend says im not even in the party, although I CAN see them I cant even hear them and they cant hear me

Even in game chat doesn't work (Destiny) as I cant even switch between fireteam/in game chat, although my friend can switch to fireteam chat and I can hear them that way

Tried both headset and even resetting kinect, tried unplugging conolse, hard reset, nothing seems to work

Please MS give us some info!
  5. Killercrank Win User

Twitch streaming

Whenever I stream on twitch on my Xbox, my chat cant hear my friends in game chat not party just the in-game chat. How do I get them to hear them without a capture card or anything? I have a Kinect sensor.
    As far as I'm aware, that feature is not available at this time. Your friends will need to be in party chat with you and will have to stay in party chat in order for your viewers to hear them.
  6. PAPPASSASSIN Win User

Friends cant hear me in party chat

I'm experiencing an identical issue as you actually. I've spent a total of about four hours with tech support and here's what we've tried.

New controller

New headset

New stereo adapter

Checking all settings (NAT type, family restrictions, etc.)

Factory reset (kept games & apps)

Finally, after all of that, the woman that was helping me did what she needed to do to replace my Xbox one elite. I just received it today and.......still no luck. I'm at a loss
Thema:

1. Party Chat - Friends hear me, I cant hear them - Similar Threads - Party Chat Friends

2. Static noise for friends in party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Static noise for friends in party chat: When I am taking with my friends in party chat they say that my mic is all staticy and making annoying noises. How do I fix this? 3e640bd5-8f68-4ede-ab4c-f7d36422eb3a
  3. Friend can’t turn his party chat to game audio because it is stuck at party

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friend can’t turn his party chat to game audio because it is stuck at party: If anyone knows how to fix the issue with party chat being stuck on party and the rest is grey please let me know so i can help my freind it would be greatly appricieated....
  4. Xbox Gamebar picking up my sound in party chat but my friend still can't hear me?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Gamebar picking up my sound in party chat but my friend still can't hear me?: When i'm in a party with my friends on the gamebar the party overlay says i'm talking but my friends still cannot hear me. I tested my mic on a mic tester and it sounded just fine so i believe...
  5. I can’t unmute a friend in Xbox party chat

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t unmute a friend in Xbox party chat: I cant unmute a friend in party chat, please any help would be appreciated a7dad72b-ec43-4573-a1f6-7f048dfe507e
  6. Xbox Party chat one of my friends cant hear me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Party chat one of my friends cant hear me: All my other friends can hear me just fine but one cant. im not blocked, im not muted, we dont know whats wrong. 115e8f17-2759-4e02-828f-b7d79dd01ac5
  7. I can talk in party chat and here my friends but when I try to talk in game chat in any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can talk in party chat and here my friends but when I try to talk in game chat in any...: Like the title i can talk and communicate in party chat just fine, but when i switch to game chat for any game I can not talk. My voice doesnt come through or anything. I can see other players are...
  8. Unable to hear friends in the party chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to hear friends in the party chat: So I'll start this by saying i did not have this issue till i recently built my own gaming pc i use to use a small HP laptop that allowed me to chat just fine but now when i start a party on PC...
  9. Friends list and party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends list and party chat: It seems to be an on and off problem for months now where the friends list suddenly shows zero and everyone in your party shows offline and in neither game chat nor party chat can you hear...
  10. Party chat, talking to friends etc

in XboX Insiders
    Party chat, talking to friends etc: Through the night I've been playing with a few clan mates in destiny but when we try party up to speak to each other like I can hear them yet they can hear me and after a few minutes it goes to...