Party chat is going through the tv instead of mic ONLY on fortnite

Discus and support Party chat is going through the tv instead of mic ONLY on fortnite in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I was wondering if anybody can assist me with this issue. The sound started going through the tv instead of headset only on fortnite and not... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by khalidalhammadi1, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Party chat is going through the tv instead of mic ONLY on fortnite

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody can assist me with this issue. The sound started going through the tv instead of headset only on fortnite and not the xbox chat. I have no idea what to do. I reset the factory settings, removed fortnite, bought a new headset and
    nothing is working. The party chat keeps going through the tv instead of headset.

:)

khalidalhammadi1, Oct 5, 2020
  2. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

Fortnite mic issue

Is this issue only happening in Fortnite? Does your mic work in other games?

My son and his friends had this issue recently, where the mic worked in other games but not in Fortnite. So they had to use the Xbox Party Chat instead. After 2-3 days the issue seemed to resolve itself.
  3. SAMWISE200 Win User

Black Ops 2 Kids?

Obviously muting them in game is the best option, as the two above me have said, also if you are not talking to anyone at that time you can go to the options menu on the Xbox Dashboard to make sure there are only sounds coming through the mic and not the
    tv, that way all you have to do is turn off the mic and you will not hear them, this also applies to party chat, if you are talking to someone, or just like wearing the mic, go into a party chat (after changing the settings so the voice only comes through
    the mic) and you should no longer here some of the obnoxious people out there.
  4. RippenHarra Win User

How do you play game chat through the speakers? (Xbox One)

No idea. As soon as thechat mic is out of controller chat sound comes through but you have to use mic. Also as Party Chat is not working is it possible to use skype in the background instead?
  5. TheMiracleDragon Win User

Xbox 1 headset issue

I have an Xbox 1 wireless controller and a brand new Xbox 1 headset. When playing fortnite my mic will not work in game mode but will work on party mode - I have tried every posted fix i could find. I have tried other controllers. I have tried other headsets.
    The issue seems to be with fortnite as it will not allow me to use my mic if i am not using the party setting.

please post a fix or a patch to resolve this issue.
    From what I gather, you are wanting to be able to use the voice chat that is included in the game, instead of your Xbox Live Party. Fortunately, there is an option for this.

First, go to your Xbox Live Party. Then, go to the "Options" button, and push it. Then, press "Switch to game chat." That should solve the problem. Hope this helps!
  6. PaulRabbits Win User

Mic not working in Fortnite - Xbox one.

This same issue has been ongoing for months. My son can hear his friends but his mic doesnt work.

The “fix” where you turn off the mic and push to talk in fortnite settings would occasionaly work bit now doesnt.

all other games and apps work with the mic.

The problem persists on another xbox signed in with his profile, using a different headset, so this is not a hardware issue.

other profiles on his xbox have no issues with sound/mic

this is an issue effecting certian profiles accross fortnite only party chat, xbox party chat works fine, which cant be used for crossplatform party play.
Thema:

Party chat is going through the tv instead of mic ONLY on fortnite

1. Party chat is going through the tv instead of mic ONLY on fortnite - Similar Threads - Party chat going

2. Party chat randomly breaks up going from xbox to PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    Party chat randomly breaks up going from xbox to PC.: Not sure what this falls under so I went with game bar... Two Xboxes, we'll call them X and One, and 1 PC on the same local network. I am on the PC, and I've been dealing with random voice chat...
  3. When I go to start a party, now it says Party chat is blocked. Error Code [0x87DD0013]

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I go to start a party, now it says Party chat is blocked. Error Code [0x87DD0013]: All of a sudden I get on, and I can't start parties. I looked at my enforcement history and I haven't gotten suspended for anything in the last year or so. So I don't know why I can't talk to my...
  4. I can talk in party and game chat but I cant hear people in game chat when i actually go to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can talk in party and game chat but I cant hear people in game chat when i actually go to...: I think it's for fortnite only but I cant hear no one when I go to game chat but I can talk, when i go back to party chat i can still talk in game and party chat....
  5. Xbox live party chat will go into connecting mode after working fine.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live party chat will go into connecting mode after working fine.: Hello, recently after this past update I have been having a party chat issue. Where I can join a party just fine and talk with my friends, but after a short while my status changes to connecting...
  6. What's going on with party chat on the Xbox App on Windows 10?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What's going on with party chat on the Xbox App on Windows 10?: Using the Xbox app you can use a studio mic for broadcasting. However, recently party chat has been disconnecting often. Its been a little over 2 weeks now. I tried reinstalling. How do I fix...
  7. Could you please improve quality on xcloud/console streaming amd can u go in party chat

in XboX Insiders
    Could you please improve quality on xcloud/console streaming amd can u go in party chat: submitted by /u/danb271xd69 [link] [comments]
  8. What’s going on with party chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What’s going on with party chat: I keep getting disconnected from parties and my provider was out here that who provides my Internet and they said it wasn’t on our end it Hass to be on your guises and everything is running 100%...
  9. Where did the Party Chat Mixer go for Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where did the Party Chat Mixer go for Xbox One?: Split from this thread. Hi Sir, I have same issue and found that all/80%/50%/nothing on chat mixer setting doesn't function. So just the audio option can adjust the audio balance between...
  10. Where did the Party Chat Mixer go for Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where did the Party Chat Mixer go for Xbox One?: A few months ago, there used to be audio options under the system tab for Xbox One, but it was taken away. In these audio options, you could adjust the game volume and party volume with a slider....