Party chat not working with wireless bluethooth headset - Windows 10 Xbox app

Discus and support Party chat not working with wireless bluethooth headset - Windows 10 Xbox app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I'm trying to to use a wireless bluetooth headset for the party chat feature in the Windows 10 Xbox app but the app doesn't seem to be working... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SpaceTime666, Nov 14, 2015.

1. SpaceTime666
    SpaceTime666 Guest

Hi I'm trying to to use a wireless bluetooth headset for the party chat feature in the Windows 10 Xbox app but the app doesn't seem to be working properly with the bluetooth headset because the circle around my user icon isn't changing at all and it seems
    I can't hear people on that are talking in the party even tough

The headset's Hands-free playback mode is set as default communication device

The headset's Hands-free record mode is set as default device

There is Headset log next my user name/ icon

I disabled the headset's stereo playback mode in the sound control panel

the headset hands-free modes works without problems in the Skype desktop app and Steam app

both Skype, Steam and any other app I can think of that might hijack the headset is closed before opening the Xbox app

and I can confirm that if I connect a Xbox 360 controller and plug a headset into it it seems to work with it because the circle around my user icon changes

:)

SpaceTime666, Nov 14, 2015
  2. Bjones72751
    Bjones72751 Guest
    Mic not working in the xbox app and in party chat while streaming

Im having the same issue as DomNic... The xbox app on windows 10 PC was working fine yesterday with my headset. Tried to party today for chat and nothing.... If I mute myself, I cannot unmute.

Bjones72751, Nov 14, 2015
  3. Rorifett
    Rorifett Guest
    Issue with voice comms TB XO One

Ok, this is intermittent but a total pain in the arse anytime it crops up - especially when trying to play the division!

Possible solution here - Xbox.com Forums

"Here is the issue that I encounter and how I work around it.

Set Up:

* I have my Xbox One wireless controller with Turtle Beach XO7 headset plugged into controller.

* My Xbox One wireless controller is wirelessly connected to my Xbox One

* I have no other controllers plugged in or online (either with my Xbox One or my PC)

* I have no microphone plugged into my PC nor are any recording devices enabled or active on my PC

On my Xbox One on the TV I turn on my controller and headset. I start up (or join) a party chat. I am able to chat normally and my party-mates are able to hear me.

I start up Game Streaming to Windows 10 Xbox One Beta app. I am still using my wireless controller but all of a sudden my party-mates cannot hear me any longer.

Work Around:

I log my profile out of the Xbox One and then re-sign into my profile. I can then join or start a profile with my Xbox One controller headset working perfectly fine. All party-mates can hear me and I can hear them.

I really hope Microsoft figures out a way to seamlessly transition party chat and Xbox One wireless controller + headset on the fly from non-streaming to Windows 10 streaming!"

Also...

Mic not working with Xbox One through streaming • /r/Windows10

Rorifett, Nov 14, 2015
  4. SpaceTime666
    SpaceTime666 Guest

SpaceTime666, Jan 4, 2016
  5. omegared1080
    omegared1080 Guest
    sorry this is not acceptable. installing unknown software Drivers.... this issue Needs to be fixed by Microsoft.

I have the same issue . My BLuetooth Headset is not recognized by the XBOX app in Windows 10 via Party Chat Connection. Cable Mic works. Setting the blutooth to standart also did not work... Microsoft coding needed. Thank you for listening.... FYI searching
    the net proves.... guys are waiting for one year now to get the Bluetooth Headset recognition fixed for the app....

omegared1080, Nov 1, 2018
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Bluetooth headset connectivity on Xbox one S (All Digital)

There are some more convoluted setups as well, but they would work such as connecting the bluethooth headset to a Windows 10 PC and using the Game Bar or Xbox apps to connect to a Xbox party and chatting that way, still remaining wire free and utilizing
    your existing bluetooth headsets.
  7. SpaceTime666 Win User

8. omegared1080 Win User

sorry this is not acceptable. installing unknown software Drivers.... this issue Needs to be fixed by Microsoft.

I have the same issue . My BLuetooth Headset is not recognized by the XBOX app in Windows 10 via Party Chat Connection. Cable Mic works. Setting the blutooth to standart also did not work... Microsoft coding needed. Thank you for listening.... FYI searching
    the net proves.... guys are waiting for one year now to get the Bluetooth Headset recognition fixed for the app....
  9. Jason Lochhead Win User

Mic not working in the xbox app and in party chat while streaming

Same problem here. I've tried my Logitech wireless headset as well as a USB headset. Both work fine in Windows apps, but no mic on Xbox Streaming for game chat, voice messages, or parties. It does seem to work in the Xbox app Parties though.

I have the beta app v11.11.3013.
  10. AmazingAsCoffee Win User

Usb Headsets and microphones...

USB headsets are not compatible with an Xbox one, and so far there is no software to fix this issue. If you are looking to use the headset for chatting purposes only you can download the xbox app on windows 10, often it is pre-installed on windows 10
    pcs. With the xbox app you can create a party and invite your friend(s), the party will have voice chat.
Thema:

1. Party chat not working with wireless bluethooth headset - Windows 10 Xbox app - Similar Threads - Party chat working

2. Can’t get invites, join party’s or chat. My Xbox is not working right.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t get invites, join party’s or chat. My Xbox is not working right.: Hi. My xbox has been sooo glitchy for about a day now. Couldnt add any friends or chat with anyone. I had to factory reset it just so that i could play online. But i still cant get invites or chat...
  3. Xbox party chat on my pc doesn't work i keep getting the message "something went wrong with...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox party chat on my pc doesn't work i keep getting the message "something went wrong with...: everytime i start/ join a party i keep getting the message "something went wrong with your party please try again later" 9e4f279c-5049-43bb-83b9-3df39a4d9ddb
  4. Party chat not working for me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party chat not working for me: can't join xbox party on console but can join party on xbox app 4e2223d9-6ac5-44b3-9fef-5f5e7d0ded24
  5. Twitch app, adding party chat not working properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Twitch app, adding party chat not working properly: After an hour looking for this...I have found it! The twitch app on Xbox is not working properly when it comes to add peoples voices from the party to the stream. I have tried multiples times and...
  6. Xbox game bar party chat not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar party chat not working: So in the past, I’ve used the xbox game bar for parties with no problem at all. However, recently everytime i join a party, my friends either cant hear me at all, or they will hear a voice saying...
  7. Cross Platform Party Chat Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross Platform Party Chat Not Working: I’m actually having the same problem mentioned here, that was never resolved. Essentially, when creating a party with a player on PC (does not matter who creates the party), it will act as if I’m...
  8. Headset and mic work in party chat. I cannot talk in game chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset and mic work in party chat. I cannot talk in game chat.: My headset is plugged into my controller. I can hear all audio. I can talk while in an xbox party, but I can not talk in game chat. I have gone through all the privacy troubleshooting I can...
  9. Audio Not Working (party chat does, no game volume)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Not Working (party chat does, no game volume): I am not getting any audio through my controller when I plug in a headset. When I am in the xbox home screen or in a game, no audio comes to the headset, but I can hear my friends in the xbox...
  10. Xbox party chat/headset not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox party chat/headset not working: I have be using a turtle beach elite pro 2 headset (xbox version) for a few weeks now without any trouble. However, when I joined a party today to play with some friends, I got the “we can’t find...