Party chat: why can't i talk to random people that aren't friends

Discus and support Party chat: why can't i talk to random people that aren't friends in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever a friend of one of my friends join the chat, it says i can't speak to them because of my privacy settings, but when i follow the link to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by StarkSheep71699, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Party chat: why can't i talk to random people that aren't friends

Whenever a friend of one of my friends join the chat, it says i can't speak to them because of my privacy settings, but when i follow the link to change it, i see no setting that i need to change.

:)

StarkSheep71699, Apr 22, 2018
  2. Just one small thing that would be good

True, but you lose something when you use party chat. It's annoying with random drops or people looking like they've left the party when they really haven't, & on top of that, you can't tell necessarily who's talking in game, such as on the HUD or on the
    mini-map or even talk to other teammates that aren't in the party.

Galactic Geek, Apr 22, 2018
  3. Talk in skype call, and talk in party chat at the same time

Hey i just wanted to know if i could talk to people in a skype call using the skype app on Xbox One and also talk to people in party chat because i have friends that aren't on Xbox and are on and i would like to talk to both. I did it last night but i don't
    know if it was a glitch or not.

ViraL Renegade, Apr 22, 2018
  4. Ariel Acu
    Ariel Acu Guest

Hi StarkSheep71699,

For us to better assist you, we need to identify first as to why you can't speak with your friends when you're on party chat. When you checked your privacy and online settings on Xbox.com, can you tell us if everything was set to allow? Also, can you tell
    us any troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?

In the meantime, I recommend that you check the Network status on the Xbox app so that we could ensure that you have a stable connection to the Xbox server.

We look forward to your reply.

Ariel Acu, Apr 23, 2018
  5. Ariel Acu Win User

Hi StarkSheep71699,

For us to better assist you, we need to identify first as to why you can't speak with your friends when you're on party chat. When you checked your privacy and online settings on Xbox.com, can you tell us if everything was set to allow? Also, can you tell
    us any troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?

In the meantime, I recommend that you check the Network status on the Xbox app so that we could ensure that you have a stable connection to the Xbox server.

We look forward to your reply.
  6. Galactic Geek Win User

Just one small thing that would be good

True, but you lose something when you use party chat. It's annoying with random drops or people looking like they've left the party when they really haven't, & on top of that, you can't tell necessarily who's talking in game, such as on the HUD or on the
    mini-map or even talk to other teammates that aren't in the party.
  7. JT THE GAME Win User

Its sad how much mulitplayer gaming has changed on live over the years!

For the people moaning about party chart even before party chat xbox already had private chat. I would rather be in private or party chat talking to people i know than listening to randomers there is nothing wrong with party chat. i think its a good feature.
    i think there are alot of people that would rather speak on the head set if it is friends or fam they are speaking to..
  8. ChainSmokingBob Win User

I wish there was more communication between team mates!

"I think the ability to stay in party chat have totally handicapped the communications system for the cod series after MW2".

Nevermind just Call of Duty... the Party Chat system has basically killed communication between random players across all games and you can't often meet new people/make new friends simply by talking.

Party Chat isn't bad, exactly, but.... yeah :S
  9. KillerIn3D Win User

party chat killed xbox community

I personally disagree, if people do not feel like talking publicly to other people in the lobby of the game your playing, then they just start a party chat so the person can talk to their friends. If know one is talking in the lobby, then you make a party
    chat with one of your friends. But yes there is a down side to this. If you have no friends and your new to xbox live and you need some friends to play with. Most of the people that have a mic are in party chat. But there is a 50/50 chance of that happening.
    Thats why you come to the forums. Cant find nobody to talk to on xbox live cause they are all in party chat. Come here and make new friends! :D
Thema:

1. Party chat: why can't i talk to random people that aren't friends - Similar Threads - Party chat why

2. why does my one x automaticaly use party chat as default . New problem as of yesterday...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my one x automaticaly use party chat as default . New problem as of yesterday...: No one can hear me or me them but can hear game fine tried changing to game chat but it defaults back to party chat.is there a default setting somewhere besides start a party...
  3. The HOT MIC #pandemic apocalypse: Why are communications VIA party chat, (& everywhere in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The HOT MIC #pandemic apocalypse: Why are communications VIA party chat, (& everywhere in...: 360 default headsets never picked up any background noises what-so-ever; period. It was a cheap a headset as well. Sometimes it was a lil quiet compared to more expensive mics and some mumblers...
  4. Why am i banned from texting in a xbox party chat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am i banned from texting in a xbox party chat?: Hello xbox why am i banned from texting in chat i need it back please. My user is Moosecraft#1750 32f432f9-4153-4d50-96ef-407394014dff
  5. Why was the Party Chat notification removed from Console Companion App?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why was the Party Chat notification removed from Console Companion App?: Title. I do not like using the Xbox Game bar. I get every notification Xbox related on the Console Companion App except party invites. I either have to join a joinable party or create one. I do...
  6. Why won’t my new gamertag show on party chat or any games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my new gamertag show on party chat or any games: [img] I changed to my gamertag to ^^ cause it looks cool but as it turns out nobody can see it why is that? c63f7d0a-aac4-4925-b335-08cf9df455ff
  7. Mute bug in party chat going on for four days, why no one fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mute bug in party chat going on for four days, why no one fix?: I've been trying to play with friends for four days and been having trouble communicating in party chat. Some members are mute and console wont let me unmute them. I thought it was just something...
  8. Why are my privacy settings on xbox one preventing me from talking on party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my privacy settings on xbox one preventing me from talking on party chat: Xbox is preventing me from accessing my privacy settings and privacy settings is preventing me from talking in the party for whatever reason it's suddenly started doing that...
  9. Why Have I Been Party Chat Banned?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Have I Been Party Chat Banned?: I was playing in a party with friends and I got a random message from Microsoft telling me that I had a "Notice of enforcement action" okay?? So now I can't chat with anyone in my party and it...
  10. Why can't am i disconnected from a party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't am i disconnected from a party chat: i was in when a party my mic and everything was acting fine then all of a sudden it kicked me out and said i was disconnected from the chat party and i was still connected to my wifi and...