Passing the parents gamertag down to the child that uses it

Discus and support Passing the parents gamertag down to the child that uses it in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When we set our Xbox ONE, my son, who was only 7 at the time, started playing logged in as me. Now he has older (13) I want to be able to pass his... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by lwtlpat, Jan 12, 2021.

1. lwtlpat
    lwtlpat Guest

When we set our Xbox ONE, my son, who was only 7 at the time, started playing logged in as me. Now he has older (13) I want to be able to pass his gamertag (with all its history etc)) to his own email address login. In the long run, this must be the right
    thing to do as I dont want him logging in as me. In addition, we want to be able to utilise the Microsoft parental settings so that the 3 kids can all have their allotted 'screen time' fairly during the course of any given day. At the moment, he is getting
    away with being the parent which is no good at all! Can we pass his gamertag down to him easily?

:)

lwtlpat, Jan 12, 2021
  2. Puppy Fujo Win User

How do I switch my microsoft account, which is already associated to a gamertag, to another already active gamertag?

Because the system is designed so that parents account then creates child accounts as necessary and maintains parental control of all children in their family, not so that parent let's child use gamertag associated with their account.
  3. ngocphi Win User

How to put a password on In game purchases?

Easy make a child account for them with parental controls as stated in the terms of use

And pass code protect your own profile
  4. Sayann X Win User

How to allow a child account access to xbox insider hub on a child account.

It is not recommended to pass a child as an adult, if there is parental control it is not for nothing, games should not be accessible to children too young. I'm sorry, but I would never recommend that a child ask their parents to change their adult account.
  5. gds1972 Win User

change xbox live email

Hi

If the gamertag tag was not set up as a child account then it won't be possible to separate your gamertag from your parents account.
  6. FanboyUK1972 Win User

Childs accounts are visible at the microsoft family, but not at xbox family

Hi,

We're experiencing the same issue.

Please can you resolve for...

Parent Gamertag -

Child Gamertag - CheesyCarp36877

Many thanks,

M.
Thema:

1. Passing the parents gamertag down to the child that uses it - Similar Threads - Passing parents gamertag

2. Xbox game pass ultimate on a parent account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass ultimate on a parent account: If my parent account has Xbox game pass ultimate on our home Xbox, then do I have it on my account on pc? 53feac9b-5a4a-40f2-880e-15ea060f68d5
  3. xbox game pass for pc parental controls

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox game pass for pc parental controls: I just got game pass for PC, and I can't install a game because it says that it is above my restrictions. I have tried for so long to figure out how to turn off parental controls. I am almost 40...
  4. Xbox Game pass parental controls BUG

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game pass parental controls BUG: I have xbox game pass for pc but whenever I try to install a mature game, I get an error saying the game's content is above my account's restrictions, so I can't install it. I have no restrictions...
  5. XBOX Games Pass on PC - Parental Control Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Games Pass on PC - Parental Control Issue: Hi, I set up a child account with a configured a content restriction - Allow apps and games rated for "13 year olds" I purchased Xbox Games Pass but while testing the child account, I was able...
  6. Ultimate game pass through parent account with 2 children's accounts, can they both have...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ultimate game pass through parent account with 2 children's accounts, can they both have...: I don't have an xbox or use my parent account other than to monitor my children's accounts and approve game purchases etc. I have 2 children on separate xbox's, both set up as children's accounts....
  7. Having reset child account to be parent account, the games & passes are now associated with...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having reset child account to be parent account, the games & passes are now associated with...: Hi it's day 4 of the Xbox birthday saga. Any help appreciated. My payment card etc got initially associated with the child account, and because it was all [mod removed] about face, once the child...
  8. XBOX Game Pass Parental Controls

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Game Pass Parental Controls: my son is trying to buy the XBOX game pass but the xbox message says he cant send a request for me to authorise, any idea how we get it for him? dfd7a845-d5c3-435e-b2d7-cc7554aa3d6b
  9. Xbox game pass for PC (parental control)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game pass for PC (parental control): Hello, yesterday I bought the new xbox game pass for PC and today I started playing Forza Horizon 4, all right until I wanted to play online and I got the message "the parental control settings of...
  10. How to reset the pass code for parental controls on Xbox 36

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to reset the pass code for parental controls on Xbox 36: Hi, this instructions not working (2.0.17511.0): Forgotten Parental Controls Pass Code | Xbox 360 Family LT>RT>X>Y>LB>RB>R>L>L>D 3314e018-c8fd-4431-b853-2920bfe795de