Passkey and kids

Discus and support Passkey and kids in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My nephew is currently living with me and for Christmas this year his parents got both him and his brother Xboxes so they can play together even though... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Straight-Arrow-, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Passkey and kids

My nephew is currently living with me and for Christmas this year his parents got both him and his brother Xboxes so they can play together even though they are states apart. Yes, they are good parents.

I set up his Xbox but I wanted to protect both him from internet creepers and myself for him purchasing things online. So I set it with a passkey for purchases, only it is for the sign-in as well. So every time he wants to play on the Xbox, I have to go
    to his room and sign in. He can not even play games offline without me signing in. Is this right? Did I do something wrong? Can he have access to play his game, watch Netflix, all while still protecting myself from purchases?

Thanks for your kind help.

:)

Straight-Arrow-, Jan 14, 2020
  2. MoeZArts Win User

Passkey and kids

3. FRA wappa69 Win User

Passkey and kids

Hi there Straight-arrow

Thank you for your question ive provided you a link to which i think you may find helpful

Passkey

Thank you i hope it helps. If youd like any more information please feel free to come back.
  4. Jr Etwon Win User

Passkey and kids

Did you make a separate account from his? If so you can set your account as a home Xbox on that device and he won't need to sign in as you to access the games. Otherwise if there is only one account it should be able to work offline unless set otherwise
    by the game developer.
  5. AthenasWrath01 Win User

Passkey and kids

Check the settings. I have a passkey because my kids were buying avatar gear. The passkey its only asked when I try to pruchase something not to sign in.
  6. Straight-Arrow- Win User

Passkey and kids

Thank you. I will give this a try.
Thema:

Passkey and kids

1. Passkey and kids - Similar Threads - Passkey kids

2. Xbox passkey

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox passkey: My dad told me his passkey so he could give consent to a game i want to play but now it says i have tried the wrong passkey several times.how long will it say this before i can attempt it again...
  3. Xbox passkey

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox passkey: My dad helped me with giving consent to play a game restricted to my account but but then not long after it tells me the same thing all over again.so my dad tells me his passkey because he says i...
  4. I Forgot email password and passkey

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Forgot email password and passkey: I forgot my email and passkey for my other account FaZe Tfue#9453 21405dd9-db3f-4e31-ba39-d40166592a51
  5. Xbox one controller bluetooth pin or passkey issue - SOLVED

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox one controller bluetooth pin or passkey issue - SOLVED: There have been a issue with connectin Android phone to a Xbox one controller via bluetooth. Problem is that while trying to connect the controller a error message pops up saying "incorrect pin or...
  6. XBox One Forgotten PASSKEY

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Forgotten PASSKEY: Hi, The old forgotten passkey issue raising it's weary head yet again. Scenario: I am the device 'owner' my son has the secondary account. I have forgotten my passkey so I cannot do anything;...
  7. Passkey Security may be broken.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Passkey Security may be broken.: So, all the accounts on my Xbox have always been set to require a passkey as I have four children but as of this morning, everyone can log in without typing the passkey. I checked each account and...
  8. Passkey problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Passkey problem: Ok so whenever i go to do my passkey it says please try again later so i wait and and i try again but to no avail so i check xbox assist it seems servers are working. So im confused please help...
  9. Passkey only sign in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Passkey only sign in: My son is visiting his father today. Can he just sign into his account with a passkey or does he need my email and password? I DON'T want to give it to my ex. 871ba0c9-f453-4632-87de-2aa3dba353e8
  10. Kid account and passkey on adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Kid account and passkey on adult account: I added two accounts for my kids to limit the time they spend on the console and I set the passkey to make impossible for them the use of my account, just to be sure they use their limited...