Passkey Security may be broken.

Discus and support Passkey Security may be broken. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, all the accounts on my Xbox have always been set to require a passkey as I have four children but as of this morning, everyone can log in without... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kiromitsu, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Kiromitsu
    Kiromitsu Guest

So, all the accounts on my Xbox have always been set to require a passkey as I have four children but as of this morning, everyone can log in without typing the passkey. I checked each account and they are still set to require a passkey but it is not working.
    What can I do? Is this a common issue all of a sudden? Please help. I have them set to passkey so my kids can't get on at night without permission. It should also be noted that it still asks for a passkey to change settings, just not to log in and play.

:)

Kiromitsu, Jul 12, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. gds1972 Win User

Account Settings Help

3. AridLizard Win User

refund

4. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox Stream kann in der Xbox App nicht gestartet werden[Xbox stream can not be started in the Xbox app]

Since you got the error about saying you must sign in on the console first, please turn on the console and enable the option to log in automatically without having to enter a password:

Select Settings. Select All Settings. Under Account, select Sign-in, security & passkey. Under Sign-in, security & passkey, select Change my sign-in & security preferences. Choose one of the options: "No barriers" is no password.

If you have a passkey you may also have to disable that:
    https://support.xbox.com/my-account/security/delete-passkey

Then this should work fine on your PC with streaming without having to have you log in each time on the console.
  5. x Sarasaurus x Win User

Xbox purchases

Hi there

you can set passkey codes for purchases which will require either a passkey or your sign in password for the account.

This can pop up each time your child tries to purchase anything.

To do this

On your console signed into the account

Head over to

-settings

- Account

- sign in, security & passkey. this may prompt you to put your account password in.

- create passkey.

Once its created head back to the passkey page and click

Ask for my passkey - click

Change my sign in and security

You probably want the option

Ask for my passkey. This prompts you to type in your passkey, before signing in, buying things and changing settings.
  6. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Screen Time

Thema:

1. Passkey Security may be broken. - Similar Threads - Passkey Security may

2. Xbox one controller bluetooth pin or passkey issue - SOLVED

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox one controller bluetooth pin or passkey issue - SOLVED: There have been a issue with connectin Android phone to a Xbox one controller via bluetooth. Problem is that while trying to connect the controller a error message pops up saying "incorrect pin or...
  3. XBox One Forgotten PASSKEY

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Forgotten PASSKEY: Hi, The old forgotten passkey issue raising it's weary head yet again. Scenario: I am the device 'owner' my son has the secondary account. I have forgotten my passkey so I cannot do anything;...
  4. Passkey problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Passkey problem: Ok so whenever i go to do my passkey it says please try again later so i wait and and i try again but to no avail so i check xbox assist it seems servers are working. So im confused please help...
  5. Passkey only sign in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Passkey only sign in: My son is visiting his father today. Can he just sign into his account with a passkey or does he need my email and password? I DON'T want to give it to my ex. 871ba0c9-f453-4632-87de-2aa3dba353e8
  6. Xbox One S resetting passkey

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S resetting passkey: I bought an XBOX One S at a local pawn shop, it came with an external drive for added memory. I hooked it up and when I went to set up my profile, it asked me for the previous users passkey.....I...
  7. Passkey

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Passkey: Okay, I’ve been using this box for the last year without issue until now. All of a sudden the controller stopped inputting the characters corresponding to the x button. It makes the input sound...
  8. X box one has passkey I don't set up

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box one has passkey I don't set up: Xbox 1 has passkey I don't remember setting up. When I enter wrong code 3 times take me to anothe screen to sign on with password for a gmail account when I enter that password it says wrong...
  9. Sign-in, Security & passkey

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sign-in, Security & passkey: You should really update the security if you put barriers on your account it you go to everyone's Xbox that has your account. Cause it getting really annoying when i try to play my Xbox but my...
  10. Sign-in security & passkey menu is gone....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sign-in security & passkey menu is gone....: I sat down to play with a friend and for some reason kinect kept registering both controllers to me and wasn't recognizing anyone but me. I went to check settings in Sign-in security & passkey...