passkey

Discus and support passkey in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; How do I set up a passkey for xbox one VIA COMPUTER.. I am not at the location of the XBOX and I want to put a passkey on it so they won't make... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by debiwhalen, Oct 16, 2018.

1. debiwhalen
    debiwhalen Guest

passkey

How do I set up a passkey for xbox one VIA COMPUTER.. I am not at the location of the XBOX and I want to put a passkey on it so they won't make surprise purchases...

:)

debiwhalen, Oct 16, 2018
  2. epicmerker1
    epicmerker1 Guest
    Passkey question?

So I set up my passkey for my settings and purchases yet when I go into settings I can delete my passkey with one click needing no passkey to do so...

epicmerker1, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Edocsil 2020
    Edocsil 2020 Guest
    Edocsil 2020, Oct 16, 2018
  4. ChiefJoboo
    ChiefJoboo Guest

passkey

ChiefJoboo, Oct 16, 2018
  5. XBF Paul M
    XBF Paul M Guest
    Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to assist with the issue, it looks like you'd like to create a Passkey for the Xbox One Console Via PC. Unfortunately at this time the only way to create a passkey is via the console and not thru PC. Here is an article
    on
    How to Set Up the Passkey for the Xbox One

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!

XBF Paul M, Oct 16, 2018
  6. debiwhalen
    debiwhalen Guest
    then the help desk at Microsoft needs to be informed of this... they said I could TWO different people said I could do it via computer..

debiwhalen, Oct 16, 2018
  7. SisyphusHush
    SisyphusHush Guest
    Hi there!

I put a passkey on my friend's Xbox, but we have parted on uneasy terms and I'd like to change the Passkey. However, I don't want to have to figure out a way to get on the console, so is there any way to reset or change my passkey remotely?

SisyphusHush, Nov 11, 2018
  8. passkey

Hi there,

It's best to create a new thread for your issue so you can get more personalized assistance.

With regards to your question, as a passkey can only be created/changed while on a console, if you do not want someone to be able to access your account on a console who may have access to the account, you will want to change your account password. That
    password will need to be entered the next time the account is accessed on the console.

Steps on how to change it can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/microsoft-account-to-change-your-microsoft-account-password

For extra account security, you can add two-step verification to your account. Additional information can be found

here

Mistress Sara, Nov 5, 2018
  9. Edocsil 2020 Win User

Passkey?

Hi, these are steps on how to reset your passkey https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/my-account/security/forgot-xbox-one-passkey
  10. FlashSpirit3 Win User

Passkey

I am sorry you are having troubles. Just out of curiosity is it happening with both controllers? You might want to get another anyway, they are not expensive on eBay, used.

You can change your passkey online to some other set of keys. That is my first suggestion.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...-guest-key/create-and-manage-xbox-one-passkey

You can change it via the console, online via a browser, via the Windows+G key or via the Xbox phone app.

Change is good, especially for security!
  11. XBF Brad A Win User

Passkey

Hello all,

To Answer your question when you set the passkey yes there is controller showing the options.

As this is an old thread, I will be locking this one. Updates, games and everything changes often so would be best to create a new thread. Once a new thread is created we will be happy to assist you in any issues or questions you might have.

Thanks,

Brad
  12. bowski477 Win User

passkey

If you try entering the passkey 3 times it will then ask you for your MS account log in. As it wouldn't be your account (I assume) you might not be able to use this method.

You should just be able to add your own account and remove the account that has the passkey on the console.

Remove account from the console

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide and go to System.
    2. Select Settings > Account.
    3. Select Remove accounts.
    4. Select the account, and then confirm removal.
    Re-add your account to the console

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Sign in.
    3. Select Add & manage.
    4. Select Add new.
    5. Enter your Microsoft account email address and password.
    6. Follow the instructions on the following screens to finish personalizing your settings.
  13. Mistress Sara Win User

passkey

Hi there!

I put a passkey on my friend's Xbox, but we have parted on uneasy terms and I'd like to change the Passkey. However, I don't want to have to figure out a way to get on the console, so is there any way to reset or change my passkey remotely?
    Hi there,

It's best to create a new thread for your issue so you can get more personalized assistance.

With regards to your question, as a passkey can only be created/changed while on a console, if you do not want someone to be able to access your account on a console who may have access to the account, you will want to change your account password. That
    password will need to be entered the next time the account is accessed on the console.

Steps on how to change it can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/microsoft-account-to-change-your-microsoft-account-password

For extra account security, you can add two-step verification to your account. Additional information can be found

here
Thema:

passkey

1. passkey - Similar Threads - passkey

2. Passkey

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Passkey: Okay, I’ve been using this box for the last year without issue until now. All of a sudden the controller stopped inputting the characters corresponding to the x button. It makes the input sound...
  3. X box one has passkey I don't set up

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box one has passkey I don't set up: Xbox 1 has passkey I don't remember setting up. When I enter wrong code 3 times take me to anothe screen to sign on with password for a gmail account when I enter that password it says wrong...
  4. Can't create passkey for my home account Error codes 0x80bd0001 and 0x80a40008

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't create passkey for my home account Error codes 0x80bd0001 and 0x80a40008: I am unable to create a passkey for my main (and only) account. Upon entry of the key, I get a looping circle for 2 cycles and returns with "Something went wrong error code 0x80bd001" and...
  5. Passkey and kids

in XBoX Accessibility
    Passkey and kids: My nephew is currently living with me and for Christmas this year his parents got both him and his brother Xboxes so they can play together even though they are states apart. Yes, they are good...
  6. Fix for the wrong pin or passkey glitch

in XBoX on Mobile
    Fix for the wrong pin or passkey glitch: So I recently found a fix for the pin or passkey glitch via Bluetooth trying to connect with your xbox one s controller. 1.Turn on the controller, make sure it is in the "connecting" state...
  7. Wrong pin or passkey

in XBoX on Mobile
    Wrong pin or passkey: So I tried to connect my xbox one s wireless controller with Bluetooth on my android device but everytime a message was coming up saying "Incorrect PIN or passkey has been entered" but I have...
  8. PASSKEY

in XBoX on Consoles
    PASSKEY: How do you remove the PASSKEY? When I created the PASSKEY, I must of done some wrong, because now I can't sign into my XBOX ONE ca8ebcc2-a663-481e-ae57-e508516659db
  9. Error codes 0x80bd0001 and 0x80a40008 when setting up a passkey

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error codes 0x80bd0001 and 0x80a40008 when setting up a passkey: I get the error codes 0x80bd0001 and 0x80a40008 when setting up a passkey on my Xbox One S. So far, support has been unhelpful. They have escalated my issue and failed to actually do anything,...
  10. passkey

in XBoX Accessibility
    passkey: I purchased a refurbished Xbox one s and it already had a passkey on it how do I change it? 7d865d91-ada1-4a55-8886-6c0a74573008

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to set a passkey on xbox 1 s