Pause download issue

Discus and support Pause download issue in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So when I'm playing a multiplayer game like Tekken 7 and a update starts it drops my game down from a 5-Bar to 3-2 bar. So my simplest solution is... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TreWillz, Sep 19, 2019.

1. TreWillz
    TreWillz Guest

Pause download issue

So when I'm playing a multiplayer game like Tekken 7 and a update starts it drops my game down from a 5-Bar to 3-2 bar. So my simplest solution is opening the home screen mid match to pause the game from the quick guide...

Problem is when I pause an update another one starts. That is very annoying. Why would I pause an update at 12 percent to start another one. Pause that one at 2 percent and then another one starts. Obviously I don't want to download things at the time. So why
    doesn't it just pause the download and then keep all downloads paused at the time.

End result was me losing my promo match because opponent got way too many free hits in.

Is there a pause all button or do i have to go into the game apps menu

:)

TreWillz, Sep 19, 2019
  2. AridLizard Win User

Pause download issue

You can click on Pause All if you go on queue when you update or download any games or updates. You will see on this screec Cancel ALL button and Pause ALL button.
    Yeah that's fine and all but i cant do that from the quick menu. I only see that option in the games & apps menu. I cant hit the guide button and do that mid game. It should be that quick and easy.

the only option then is to turn off auto updates in the settings before you start an online session.

you will have to check for updates periodically (or you will get a prompt to update when starting a game or app) but you won't have updates using your bandwidth while playing online.
  3. TreWillz Win User

Pause download issue

You can click on Pause All if you go on queue when you update or download any games or updates. You will see on this screec Cancel ALL button and Pause ALL button.
    Yeah that's fine and all but i cant do that from the quick menu. I only see that option in the games & apps menu. I cant hit the guide button and do that mid game. It should be that quick and easy.
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

Pause download issue

Be aware that hitting cancel will mean that you will have to download a full game and not just the update size. Cancel removes the game.

You could also turn off the "keep my games & apps up to date" feature, found in settings>system>updates & downloads
  5. Jurgen1488 Win User

Pause download issue

6. gamervegas Win User

Pausing issues

This happened to me quite a bit right before I had a complete failure of the GPU in my Xbox360, which I then had to get a reflow/reball.
Thema:

Pause download issue

1. Pause download issue - Similar Threads - Pause download issue

2. Items paused in the download queue disappear after updating build.

in XboX Insiders
    Items paused in the download queue disappear after updating build.: I’ve been reporting this issue whenever this happens, now I’m looking if anyone has been able to fix it. I left a few games/updates paused to give priority to a game that was at the bottom of the...
  3. (Xbox app) Can't reinstall Metro Exodus after pausing download and restarting PC

in XBoX on Windows
    (Xbox app) Can't reinstall Metro Exodus after pausing download and restarting PC: Due to a Denuvo error i had to uninstall metro exodus so i started re-downloading it via the XBOX app but had to restart my PC for an unrelated matter. I paused the download then restarted my PC...
  4. Windows 10 Xbox (Beta) App : How to pause the Downloads of games updates ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 Xbox (Beta) App : How to pause the Downloads of games updates ?: Hi everybody, In the Windows 10Xbox (Beta) App, it can automaticly downloads the updates of games : but where is it possible to put these downloads on PAUSE ? (I can't find a Menu for this in...
  5. Downloading paused

in XBoX on Consoles
    Downloading paused: I got this error code when download games and updates 0x8007045d. It does not looks like a connectivity failure. Multiplayer and store work well. Do you hear something similar?. Thanks....
  6. My forza horizon 3 download Will freeze every 30 MB then i have to pause and unpause.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My forza horizon 3 download Will freeze every 30 MB then i have to pause and unpause.: It freezes download every 30 MB and i need to pause/unpause. I have restarted my PC, my router, My WPS, so it is not my end? i can not just pause and unpause every time it freezes because it is a...
  7. My forza horizon 3 download Will freeze every 30 MB then i have to pause and unpause.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My forza horizon 3 download Will freeze every 30 MB then i have to pause and unpause.: It freezes download every 30 MB and i need to pause/unpause. I have restarted my PC, my router, My WPS, so it is not my end? i can not just pause and unpause every time it freezes because it is a...
  8. Disconnecting an external hard drive while having paused downloads present

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disconnecting an external hard drive while having paused downloads present: Hi guys, So I have a 41GB download in progress that is currently at 45%. Due to certain reasons I am in the process of preparing to pack up and relocate my Xbox console to another site and have...
  9. How long can you pause a download?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How long can you pause a download?: Thinking to get use of codes that came with X1 and keep within my 20G a month bandwidth. Usually have about 10G left over most months. So can you start a download, and pause it for a month to...
  10. Download Pause - Ready to Play Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download Pause - Ready to Play Issue: Hello, Sorry (I've cross-posted this out of desperation) Can anyone help me. Xbox One features the Ready to Play during the download install. It can pause the download. I want my Forza 5 download...