Paying for a subscription with Microsoft account money

Discus and support Paying for a subscription with Microsoft account money in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to buy a gamepass ultimate membership with my xbox live money. I have $15. I want to use that as my payment option, but it keeps asking me... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by UnDead Maia, Oct 9, 2019 at 9:22 AM.

1. UnDead Maia
    UnDead Maia Guest

I'm trying to buy a gamepass ultimate membership with my xbox live money. I have $15. I want to use that as my payment option, but it keeps asking me for a credit card. Why?

:)

UnDead Maia, Oct 9, 2019 at 9:22 AM
  2. Robby Sayles Win User

Because games pass is subscription, you need one for future payment.
  3. AdamKronus Win User

Placing data on a payment method, such as a credit card, is a common practice in digital service subscriptions, see Spotify for example. It is a way to protect both the company that offers the service and the one who is interested in the service. Live
    Gold is no different.
  4. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello UnDead Maia,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns an inability to purchase an Xbox Ultimate subscription using your Microsoft account currency.

The reason for this is that the service is requiring that you provide the amount for this purchase and then next one. The service is trying to confirm that you have enough to cover the automatic renewal that is placed when purchasing on the console or through
    the Microsoft store in general. This would also occur with a pre-paid code, but redeeming a code allows you to check or uncheck the option for an automatic renewal.

We hope that this information was helpful, and we wish you the best!
  5. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Hi UnDead Maia,

sorry to hear. It is needed for further payment it is a subscription with an automatic renewal.

Hope this helps
  6. OklaGrizzlyBear Win User

Hiya!!

Any subscription service through Microsoft does require a credit card because it is a renewing service. Sometimes Microsoft does offer a free month through their Microsoft Rewards program.

Happy Gaming!!
Thema:

1. Paying for a subscription with Microsoft account money - Similar Threads - Paying subscription Microsoft

2. Can I pay my past due subscription with my Microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I pay my past due subscription with my Microsoft account?: Ive been trying to figure this out for a hour and 15 minutes and i would really appreciate an answer to know wether its possible or not. 5671cc2a-2aea-4f0d-a7d8-27ba1af510b3
  3. Why I will never use a credit card again to pay for the XBox Live Gold Subscription

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why I will never use a credit card again to pay for the XBox Live Gold Subscription: I should have paid better attention at the time of linking my credit card to my nephew's Xbox Live Gold subscription. My credit card statement shows a renewed Xbox Live Gold subscription fee in...
  4. Unable to pay past due amount to renew subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to pay past due amount to renew subscription: I was using my cellphone service to pay for xbox live and all of a sudden it stopped. Now my account is past due and I am unable to pay it even after adding different payment methods. I have tried...
  5. Do you need to pay the Xbox Game Pass subscription monthly or every 30 days?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do you need to pay the Xbox Game Pass subscription monthly or every 30 days?: So my question is "Do you need to pay the Xbox Game pass subscription monthly or every 30 days?" What I mean by that is if let's say I buy Xbox Game Pass PC Beta right now would I need to pay next...
  6. paying a past due subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    paying a past due subscription: I was paying for game pass, on the third month i didn't have enough so it stopped which was fine but when i tried to repay with the only real option a 15 year old has, with gift cards (prepaid)...
  7. I have a Xbox live gift card on my Xbox and I can’t pay a renew subscription because it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox live gift card on my Xbox and I can’t pay a renew subscription because it...: I want to pay a xbox gift card to renew but it wont pop out please help :( 9df22f59-289c-4a0d-8c26-f756376deb1a
  8. Оплата просроченной подписки Xbox[Pay an Xbox Overdue Subscription]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Оплата просроченной подписки Xbox[Pay an Xbox Overdue Subscription]: Читаю в службе поддержки xbox как оплатить задолженность по подписке Найдите задолженность в списке. Сумма задолженности выделена красным. Выберите Оплатить сейчас и следуйте инструкциям по...
  9. Microsoft won't let me pay for my suspended Xbox Live subscription.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft won't let me pay for my suspended Xbox Live subscription.: Can anybody help me out? I go to my subscription and services and it tells me that my Xbox Live subscription is suspended until I make a payment on it. It doesn't tell me that I have a balance...
  10. Paying a XBOX Live Gold subscription with my Microsoft account remaining money

in XBoX on Consoles
    Paying a XBOX Live Gold subscription with my Microsoft account remaining money: Is it possible to Pay a XBOX Live Gold subscription with my Microsoft account remaining money? 6d8355bd-e221-4ddc-822b-fb8d71e2e9e7