Payment method required for free DLC?

Discus and support Payment method required for free DLC? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to download The Black Emporium DLC for Dragon Age 2, which is now free but a message came up that said I needed to submit a valid payment... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rockpixel, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Rockpixel
    Rockpixel Guest

I was trying to download The Black Emporium DLC for Dragon Age 2, which is now free but a message came up that said I needed to submit a valid payment option..........for a FREE DLC.

I don't have a credit card or paypal. I always used a microsoft point card to buy stuff on the Xbox store back when those were around so what am I supposed to do to get this DLC?

:)

Rockpixel, Jan 23, 2014
  2. Games with gold

Yep Payment method required for free DLC? :D cool right ? However, I don't know why it's required to have a payment method in order to claim free x360 games.

GreyStormGaming, Jan 23, 2014
  3. Miss Kleo
    Miss Kleo Guest
    No credit card for free trial Payment method required for free DLC? :(8

Hey JiThisKidd! When you accept the free Gold trial you accept auto-renewals as well which is why the credit card and payment information is required! If you'd like the free trial you will need to add that payment method!

Miss Kleo, Jan 23, 2014
  4. Omar_0001
    Omar_0001 Guest

Are you getting through Xbox.com? The site hasn't been updates so you need a payment option to pay through the site. You need to buy through your console if you don't have a valid payment option. Try getting the DLC through your console.

Omar_0001, Jan 23, 2014
  5. StephenCasemore Win User

error to buy a apps

hi, do you have a payment method set up on your account? although some games and apps are free they may require a payment method.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Can't download Demo without registering a credit card

Download it via the console. The website has not been updated to work with the new currency system yet. So it requires a payment method to be on file in order to download anything, even free content. The console will not require a payment method.
  7. Omar_0001 Win User

Are you getting through Xbox.com? The site hasn't been updates so you need a payment option to pay through the site. You need to buy through your console if you don't have a valid payment option. Try getting the DLC through your console.
  8. Smwutches Win User

Can't download free Game without Payment Method and cant add PayPal, please help!

Download it from the console and you won't need a payment method.

The website has not been updated to work with the new currency system yet. So it requires a payment method to be on file in order to make purchases, even if it's free.
  9. PalmettoBling Win User

I cant get star wars battlefront 2 with games with gold

Do you have a payment method added to your account at your
    Microsoft Account page
    ? Even though it's free, the 360 store requires a payment method associated with your account.
Thema:

1. Payment method required for free DLC? - Similar Threads - Payment method required

2. Xbox Marketplace immediate Unrecognized charge after adding payment method

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Marketplace immediate Unrecognized charge after adding payment method: Hello, I'm from Mexico but I couldn't find a localized customer support space on the microsoft support section, and the xbox customer service live chat is off, so I'll try my luck by posting...
  3. Formas de pagamento [Mod Translation - Payment methods]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Formas de pagamento [Mod Translation - Payment methods]: Eu queria adicionar dinheiro a minha conta da Microsoft para poder comprar jogos por mídia digital, porém tenho uma dúvida. É possível adicionar dinheiro a partir, por exemplo de boleto bancário...
  4. Payment method

in XBoX on Consoles
    Payment method: What kind of corporation do you have ???? Activation codes do not accept a bank card you do not push. Need to switch to PS abb8208b-3452-400a-a368-830b084d8931
  5. Asked to change payment method when trying to download 360 games in Gold on an XBox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Asked to change payment method when trying to download 360 games in Gold on an XBox one: Recently ive had problems with trying to download 360 games in Gold. Why am i asked to change metod of payment for free downloads? d7f56a02-6ece-423d-9210-27ab11c3bc7b
  6. Payment charge with no cancellation option and with no payment method

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Payment charge with no cancellation option and with no payment method: Hi, I have purchased Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on a promotion for 2 months through Microsoft page. Couple days before ending of this time I wanted to cancel the subscription but I have absolutely...
  7. Game Pass Payment method change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game Pass Payment method change: I want to sign up for Game pass but when i try to join it wants a payment method. I chose credit card and it only lets me us the US as a country. How do I change the country? The fact that I have...
  8. PAST-DUE SUBSCRIPTIONS AND PAYMENT METHOD

in XBoX Accessibility
    PAST-DUE SUBSCRIPTIONS AND PAYMENT METHOD: IS THIS A JOKE??? Gift cards, subscription cards, or your Microsoft account balance can't be used to pay for a past-due subscription. WHY???? I bought 1 month subscription for Elder Scrolls...
  9. PAYSAFECARD payment method

in XBoX on Consoles
    PAYSAFECARD payment method: I would like them to introduce the PAYSAFECARD method, thank you for your attention 1e7b1754-9172-44fb-b1f8-d4cf4fea89c4
  10. Atempting to purchase game requires unnecassary addition of new payment method

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Atempting to purchase game requires unnecassary addition of new payment method: Hello im tying to download dungeon seige 3 since its free at the moment from the xbox website since i currently do not have a working 360. Although whenever i try to download it requires me to add...