PC crashing with only Halo or Xbox APP Installed

Discus and support PC crashing with only Halo or Xbox APP Installed in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, Yesterday at 10.30pm I've installed Xbox App to use my new premium subscription on PC. After 30 minutes I've decided to install Halo and since... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Didi322, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Didi322
    Didi322 Guest

Hello,

Yesterday at 10.30pm I've installed Xbox App to use my new premium subscription on PC. After 30 minutes I've decided to install Halo and since then the problem started. As soon as Halo was installed (I guess
    the installation was completed..?) my PC starting to crash with the error: "SYTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". It restarts itself and got stucked on initial bios page. So I've got to turn it off manually and turn it on again. After 10 minutes of usage it
    restart itself again with the same error. I went to bed.

This Morning I decided to unistall Halo and run the PC with the Xbox APP closed and I used the PC for hours, so I tried to open the App and it seemed it was ok, not crashing. I tried then to install Halo again
    and I went to lunch. When I came back the PC was on the bios page again, so it restarted when I was away. I turned it on again and I got the same restarting errors over and over until now that I unistalled Halo and closed the process of the Xbox App from the
    task manager and it seems that I can use the PC now. This time it seems that even with Halo Unistalled I keep getting the crash only with the Xbox App opened... It seems there is no doubt that is the Xbox APP or Halo through it making this mess, no? I know
    the App is in beta, but looking around it seems I'm the one with this issue and it seems very absurd, first time an App is crashing my whole PC (crash are reported if you're playing or launching games)

My Bios is up to date, I got all the latest updates from Windows and drivers from NVIDIA. What could it be?

Thank you VERY much in advance for your help!

:)

Didi322, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Christyna64 Win User

Have you tried uninstalling the Xbox app, then reinstall?

Have you done an internet search on SYTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED? There is a lot of detailed walk through information on how to recover from this, but it will take time. I saw one from Tech Junkie
    that has a great way to fix this issue.

If you can still use your PC without the Xbox app and Halo installed then we know to troubleshoot that first. If your computer isn't working and still getting a BSOD and crashes, then the a System Recovery
    might be needed.
  3. MkMosses Win User

It can be for two reasons, due to overheating of the graphics, for this download the drivers of your card and put the fan to work at 100% of the graphics. It can also be due to the power supply, surely
    you need a more powerful one since the computer demands more w than what your source produces and that is why it turns off
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

A Windows BSOD (blue screen of death) isn't going to be something that the Xbox App creates. The Xbox App may well be in beta but it's not unstable and it doesn't create blue screen errors.

If your system is freezing and is getting stuck in the BIOS screen this indicates a hardware issue with your PC.

Can you play other games on your PC from Steam or other launching software? If these games work and don't crash then it won't be a power issue.

Can you provide to us your system specifications?
  5. PanditPurple Win User

Not gonna lie, you seem like you know what you are talking about so im gonna skip the boring "Did you...... yada yada" troubleshooting and say either contact Xbox support or Windows
    10 Support
    because you shouldnt be getting A BSOD cause of a game and unfortunately we probably won't have a solution for you.
  6. Sanana94 Win User

Still No Definitive Edition Code

halo wars 2 ultimate edition includes Halo wars DE. You should be able to find and download the game under ready to install on my games and apps on your xbox one!

On PC check the Halo app or the Download and install page on the store!
Thema:

1. PC crashing with only Halo or Xbox APP Installed - Similar Threads - crashing Halo APP

2. Halo Wars 2 crashing to desktop.

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo Wars 2 crashing to desktop.: My game would work fine for a random amount of time until crashing to the desktop. I don't know if it's the game itself or something I am doing that is causing it and I have run out of patience....
  3. Halo Wars 2 Crashing in the first campaign mission

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Wars 2 Crashing in the first campaign mission: Hi, I recently purchased and installed Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition on a Windows 10 PC, I loaded the game and it started fine, navigated through the menu to the campaign section, and started the...
  4. halo mcc crashing & glitching

in XBoX Games and Apps
    halo mcc crashing & glitching: so i havent hardly been able to play MCC in months because everytime i try to it takes forever to load up or it doenst and brings me back to the dashboard. and then when i am able to play im lucky...
  5. Halo MCC Edition - Halo 3 LASO Playlist - Crash to Xbox Home Screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC Edition - Halo 3 LASO Playlist - Crash to Xbox Home Screen: My son, GT [Mod removed - See guidelines], is working through the Halo MCC Achievement list and currently focussed on the LASO playlists. While he was playing MCC Halo 3 LASO on our Xbox1, I...
  6. Game crashes continuing Legendary Campaign for Halo 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game crashes continuing Legendary Campaign for Halo 4: Playing Halo 4 on legendary on the mission requiem at around 80%+ through the mission, when i try to resume the campaign it loads over half the way freezes then crashes to the xbox home screen,...
  7. Halo 5 keeps crashing on Swords of Sanghelios

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo 5 keeps crashing on Swords of Sanghelios: I bought a brand new xbox one s yesterday and downloaded halo 5 from game pass and all seemed well but every time i try to play Swords of Sanghelios right before you can play the sounds skips like...
  8. Halo wars 2 crashes after the start screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo wars 2 crashes after the start screen: Hi everyone ive tried everything and the halo wars 2 game keeps crashing at the beginning of the screen what can i do i bought a new pc and still a go.......ive even got a my account banned wich i...
  9. Halo 5 Multiplayer Connectivity Crashing Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo 5 Multiplayer Connectivity Crashing Issues: You may already be aware of this. I do not know if it is currently being worked on. I bought halo 5 a couple of weeks ago, but this issue has been persistent since then. The game seems to have...
  10. Trying to download Halo Wars 2 (Play Anywhere) on my pc crashes the Windows Store app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to download Halo Wars 2 (Play Anywhere) on my pc crashes the Windows Store app: I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2 with the dedicated GPU running Windows 10 with the latest build and all updates installed. I purchased Halo Wars 2 via my console. When I pull it up via the...