Pc Game bar overlay problem

Discus and support Pc Game bar overlay problem in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Im having issues with my game bar party overlay. Its "When Pinned" setting it set to minimal but there's this black box behind it that's really... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by CurlyVengeance, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Pc Game bar overlay problem

Im having issues with my game bar party overlay. Its "When Pinned" setting it set to minimal but there's this black box behind it that's really irritating me. my game bar did not always have this problem, it used to show the party members transparent while playing games, as intended.

Pc Game bar overlay problem [​IMG]

:)

CurlyVengeance, Aug 15, 2022
  2. CurlyVengeance Win User

I've tried both repairing/ resetting the app and I have also deleted and reinstalled with the powershell commands.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this CurlyVengeance

Could be a graphical issue, let's try to isolate a bit more the issue.

May I know if you already tried resetting your game bar?

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Game Bar app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally open game bar, re-configure everything if necessary and check how it goes.

---------

If maybe the issue persists please try instead reinstalling it using a powershell command:

Right-click on the Start button (Or press Windows key + X) and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the pop-up menu.

Copy and paste the following command in PowerShell and hit Enter to uninstall the Game Bar from your system.

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage

Restart your PC, open Microsoft store and search for game bar. Install it and give it a new try

Let me know the resolution, I'll be waiting for your reply
  4. Gobbet Win User

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Battery Status on Windows 10

I have same problem. In [tag:Windows10] game bar overlays default application for battery status (that doesn't work). :-(
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Gears of War 5 0xc0000005

Hi Sephando! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Seems to be related with apps overlays, you should try disabling all overlays like the game bar, discord, and Nvidia if you use steam or other platforms games that use overlays please disable those also

If you can share you're PC specs will be great
  6. Rob606 Win User

[PC] Xbox Game bar push to talk not working in background

I discovered this exact same issue last night, between State of Decay 2 and the Xbox Game Bar.

My workaround was to PTT transmit with the game-bar open, then close the bar overlay to return to gameplay - the problem this created was that I was always transmitting, which does not help in your scenario.
Thema:

1. Pc Game bar overlay problem - Similar Threads - Game bar overlay

2. Xbox Game Bar overlay theme and Xbox logo

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar overlay theme and Xbox logo: I might be the minority here but I wish the Xbox game bar had better theme/colors/icons to match windows 11 style and Microsoft fluent design system. The most basic example is the Xbox Logo that...
  3. Xbox game bar and ms-gaming overlay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar and ms-gaming overlay: Dear all, I would like to uninstall the XBox game bar and disable the ms-gaming-overlay app prompt. I have found solutions for both using the command prompt, but would like to know if there is a...
  4. Xbox Elite 2 on PC - Configuration Issue / Bluetooth Issue / Game Bar Overlay A button Issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 on PC - Configuration Issue / Bluetooth Issue / Game Bar Overlay A button Issue.: I have an Xbox Elite 2 PC controller that is unable to be used via Bluetooth. When first connected by Bluetooth the controller is unusable due to the A button opening the game bar overlay, This...
  5. Xbox Game Bar Performance Overlay Click-Through Bug

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Performance Overlay Click-Through Bug: Hi all, first time poster! Each time I restart my PC, the Game Bar performance overlay (i.e. CPU, GPU, FPS information) loses the ability to click-through despite the option showing that it is...
  6. How do you capture the game bar party overlay in OBS?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you capture the game bar party overlay in OBS?: I've tried each capture source in obs, and the party overlay that you pin in game bar won't show up. There's a post where this has been asked before and the answer was display capture, and that...
  7. Party Overlay in Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Party Overlay in Xbox Game Bar: I would to know how to receive party overlay when using the Xbox game bar. I press win+g to get into the game bar, and I see in the top left, there is a list of people that are in my party. It is...
  8. The Xbox Game Bar recorder triggers the overlay to display an error, and unable to reopen...

in XBoX on Windows
    The Xbox Game Bar recorder triggers the overlay to display an error, and unable to reopen...: After updating my Intel graphics driver via the manufacturer site, I noticed that something had changed with the Xbox Game bar application, failing to capture (sometimes with an error...
  9. The Xbox Game Bar recorder doesn't work, which triggers the overlay to close immediately...

in XBoX on Windows
    The Xbox Game Bar recorder doesn't work, which triggers the overlay to close immediately...: After updating my Intel graphics driver via the manufacturer site, I noticed that something had changed with the Xbox Game bar application, failing to capture (without any error notification)...
  10. A question about the Game Bar and overlays

in XboX Insiders
    A question about the Game Bar and overlays: I have a keyboard overlay to show key presses. I can't seem to make the game bar record the overlay. Any suggestions? submitted by /u/uethello [link] [comments]