(PC Game Pass) Error 0x80070424 when attempting to reinstall Halo Infinite

Discus and support (PC Game Pass) Error 0x80070424 when attempting to reinstall Halo Infinite in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, I experienced issues with gaming services and Halo Infinite pushing me to attempt the fix of resetting both of the apps, this caused Halo... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BlaZ3D PrEdAtOr, Dec 9, 2021.

1. (PC Game Pass) Error 0x80070424 when attempting to reinstall Halo Infinite

Hi there,

I experienced issues with gaming services and Halo Infinite pushing me to attempt the fix of resetting both of the apps, this caused Halo Infinite to uninstall itself entirely as a result. Upon attempts to reinstall the game I've been met with multiple 0x80070424 errors and no way to seemingly fix it. There does appear to be traces of Halo Infinite left on my PC (It's literally in my start menu and I can't get rid of its tile in the start menu as anything I do to try and access a control panel command for it results in me being taken to add/remove programs where there's no trace of the game at all)

Using "Manage game" provides me with an error telling me that the data cannot be obtained from the server.

I am a Gamepass user, all my other games are reinstalling and playing just fine.

Additional Files downloaded with Campaign on original campaign install:

Chinese Traditional VA

Chinese Mandarin VA

Japanese VA

Spanish (Mexico) VA

Current Methods Attempted:

Resetting Xbox App

Resetting Store App

Resetting Gaming Services

Using Powershell to Uninstall Gaming Services (Failed, powershell refused to remove it)

Restarting my PC multiple times

CMD SFC /Scannow (claimed there was no corruption, despite a file being on my start menu that shouldn't exist on my PC)

I'd prefer to not have to reinstall windows as I have a very busy couple of weeks coming up. I can reinstall the multiplayer just fine on Steam, however I don't have the money to shell out for the campaign again so I'd prefer to recover the ability to download it onto my PC through Microsoft.

:)

BlaZ3D PrEdAtOr, Dec 9, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Blaz welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I suggest you try these basic troubleshooting steps!

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.
  3. TristanBenzon Win User

Xbox App on PC

I followed these steps but now I cannot test Halo to see if it works because I get the follow error when I try install the game: Error Code 0x80070424 it wont even start downloading
  4. TristanBenzon Win User

Xbox game pass issue

I followed these steps but now I cannot test Halo to see if it works because I get the follow error when I try install the game: Error Code 0x80070424 it wont even start downloading
  5. MahadiAntor Win User

Can't Lunch Halo Master Chief collection on xbox game pass?

Hello ,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We need a little more information to make sure we provide the correct solution. Is there an error message or error code that appears when you attempt to launch the game? Does this issue occur with any other
    Xbox Game Pass games? Which troubleshooting steps have you attempted thus far? We recommend power cycling the console by holding down the power button on the console for ten seconds. Be sure to let us know the results !
    I have game pass on pc. I can not lunch halo master chief collection through xbox game pass app on PC. When i lunch it does nothing. I can lunch it through a recent apps which is called Halo: MCC Anti Cheat Disabled (Mods And limited Services). Which does
    not let me play multiplayer. I do not have any mod installed or etc.
  6. JavierMartinez43567 Win User

Halo Infinite PC Gamepass - Can't launch, redirected to Gaming Services review page

So I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling, and now, of course, the game won't install.

Error details gives "0x80070424" which has to do with connectivity issues, but I'm not having any aside from whatever is going on here.

Help?!
Thema:

1. (PC Game Pass) Error 0x80070424 when attempting to reinstall Halo Infinite - Similar Threads - Game Pass Error

2. Error 0x80070057 blocks install to Xbox game pass (PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x80070057 blocks install to Xbox game pass (PC): Issue: Could you please help me resolve error code 0x80070057? This is blocking installation on Xbox game pass (PC) to my external SSD. Please see image below. Cause: I got this error code...
  3. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Cloud gaming error on iphone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Cloud gaming error on iphone: Good day all, Please note that I have upgraded to Xbox Games Pass ultimate as I enjoy playing all the Xbox games on my Windows 11 PC and I heard that I am able to play my games from my iPhone as...
  4. Xbox game pass PC error code 0x87e00017

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass PC error code 0x87e00017: Hello, For a couple days now I have had issues with installing games from the Xbox app on my PC where at first, it only happened when trying to install "we happy few" on my new SSD (FH7,...
  5. game pass error code 0x80070424

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game pass error code 0x80070424: Hey guys/gals, Found this gem (stardew valley) I would love to play on game pass for pc but I am unable to because I get error code 0x80070424. I have tried to repair app, reset app, uninstall...
  6. Error 0x80073cf9 while downloading city skylines windows 10 edition with xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x80073cf9 while downloading city skylines windows 10 edition with xbox game pass: I have tried wsreset, sfc scan, AUIagnet folder, appreadiness folder already, nothing of these worked. 98cc0d1f-e952-47d5-9803-80dbae8d2b5a
  7. Erro ao iniciar jogo no aplicativo Game Pass [Error starting game in Xbox app]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Erro ao iniciar jogo no aplicativo Game Pass [Error starting game in Xbox app]: Erro ao iniciar jogo no Game Pass, Windows pede para autorização de um adulto sendo que minha conta é Administradora e sou do ano de 1965. [img] [THE TEXT BELOW IS MACHINE TRANSLATED AND MAY NOT...
  8. cant launch game from XBox pass error 0x803F8001

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant launch game from XBox pass error 0x803F8001: Aliens: Fireteam Elite is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001...
  9. Everytime I try to install a game from PC Game Pass, I get the "0x80070032" error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Everytime I try to install a game from PC Game Pass, I get the "0x80070032" error: I always get the same "0x80070032" error everytime I try to install a game with PC Game Pass. Then I restart the computer, reinstall the Xbox app or do anything that the support tells me to do and...
  10. New computer build getting error message trying to play on Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New computer build getting error message trying to play on Game Pass: Hi, I recently put together a new computer, got it all set up and installed. Linked up my xbox game pass with the new build, but when I try to run a game I am receiving the error message "CLiP...