PC Game Pass - stuck on preparing / not launching games

Discus and support PC Game Pass - stuck on preparing / not launching games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This started happening yesterday. Attempted to download Outriders sat on preparing for over 4 hours. Followed all "fixes" available closed all apps... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Madcapsk8er, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Madcapsk8er
    Madcapsk8er Guest

This started happening yesterday.

Attempted to download Outriders sat on preparing for over 4 hours. Followed all "fixes" available

• closed all apps
    • repaired gaming services
    • reset gaming services
    • repaired xbox app
    • reset xbox app
    • uninstalled xbox app
    • uninstalled gaming services using powershell command
    • used wsreset on microsoft store
    • refreshed all windows apps
    • reinstalled xbox app which in turn installed gaming services
    At this point the game installed - won't launch

[I followed another guide to reset permissions in storage as this had happened to another user but this did not work]

• reset PC
    Downloaded - won't launch

• Completed full format & reinstall of windows
    • ran all updates
    The game eventually installed - won't launch

Tried to install hitman doesn't move from "preparing 0%"

Tried to install Doom Eternal Doesn't even appear in the library

I feel like I've exhausted all avenues - everything was working absolutely fine not 2 days ago what has caused the issue??

:)

Madcapsk8er, Jan 26, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Open task manager and end task on any EA Play things, then try to open ea play desktop again, should take a few minutes to start up, then a downloading screen should appear, after it's done updating you should be able to download and play

Credit - Emanuel-Tyrone
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Yes, you have exhausted most of the options there is. How about you do a system restore and take the PC back to a date before 2 days ago? Could you check maybe you have a restore point for a date before the issue started?

See here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how...

Note that a system restore will remove all the files you stored after the restore date.
  4. Madcapsk8er Win User

Yes, you have exhausted most of the options there is. How about you do a system restore and take the PC back to a date before 2 days ago? Could you check maybe you have a restore point for a date before the issue started?

See here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how...

Note that a system restore will remove all the files you stored after the restore date.
    Thank you for your reply.

I completely reformatted my system and did a clean install of windows so have no restore points so unfortunately this won't solve it, come to think of it the only thing that has changed is I upgraded to Game Pass Ultimate 2 days ago!

What an odd thing to do when I pay them more money :D
  5. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Unable to Pre-Load Gears 5 on PC

I purchased game pass ultimate for PC, and the Xbox Beta app gives me the option to pre-load Gears 5 in preparation for the early release tomorrow.

Unfortunately, the game is stuck at 0% (Preparing) and never advances. I have cancelled and restarted the download, but it wont install at all after that. I click install, it asks for the desired install drive, and I click okay. Then the button goes from
    "Preparing" back to "Install" instantly.

I'm very excited about this game but pretty irritated that Xbox Owners can pre-load, but the PC owners cannot. Please help.
    I did just fine did you try to update the app
  6. x PAYLOAD x Win User

Game Pass on both platforms.

Thema:

1. PC Game Pass - stuck on preparing / not launching games - Similar Threads - Game Pass stuck

2. Games Pass games stuck on "Getting your game ready"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games Pass games stuck on "Getting your game ready": I just downloaded a game off of the game pass. After it finished, it stated that the game was being readied, however afterward it says "Check your network" and that I am having network problems. I...
  3. Windows 11 - Xbox App - Xbox Game Pass - Just Caus 4 : Reloaded - Download stuck at 100%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 11 - Xbox App - Xbox Game Pass - Just Caus 4 : Reloaded - Download stuck at 100%: Hello, I've never had any issue before when using the Xbox App but now my download of Just Cause 4 is over and I can't play it because it gives me an error message. I've tried lots of things and...
  4. Xbox Game Pass PC Moving WL3 stuck on 100% & all saves gone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass PC Moving WL3 stuck on 100% & all saves gone: I was excited to learn you now have the option of moving a game to a different folder with the Xbox Game Pass app in Windows, but that excitement quickly got smashed down. I was just trying to...
  5. Forza Horizon 5 Xbox PC game pass download stuck at 16%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 Xbox PC game pass download stuck at 16%: Hi, I am facing the issue with downloading Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition with Game pass. Previously it was working fine but after the 1 March, 2022 update, the update got stuck and when i...
  6. xbox game pass game stuck or black screen in the loading screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox game pass game stuck or black screen in the loading screen: hello i just install deep rock galaxie and carrion on the game pass ultimate and normaly it ask me to connect true a pup up and now i dont see any it doesn't pup up or show at all so it won't let...
  7. Warhammer 3 download stuck at 27% game pass pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Warhammer 3 download stuck at 27% game pass pc: Warhammer 3 download stuck at 27% have tried many things. pause/unpause cancel/reinstall - it just throttles back down when it reaches 27% and stops. Says its still downloading but at 0 MB/s...
  8. Xbox game pass on PC won't install games, stays stuck at 0% and doesn't appear to attempt...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass on PC won't install games, stays stuck at 0% and doesn't appear to attempt...: I have game pass installed on my PC, however when I try and download a game, the platform never seems to try, and stays stuck at 0%. I've tried repairing, resetting and uninstalling, but nothing...
  9. Xbox game pass PC : All downloads stuck on preparing 0%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass PC : All downloads stuck on preparing 0%: So I got game pass for PC and cannot seem to get it to download anything. Every download is stuck at Preparing 0% I have tried multiple solutions from here as well as reddit, none of them work....
  10. Stuck on Game Pass and Gold Page

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stuck on Game Pass and Gold Page: We just last night purchased among us. After verifying our info, we were able to download the game. However, once we attempted to play on line, we were greeted with a window asking us to join...