PC Gamer Pass enforcing phantom age restrictions on Adult account

Discus and support PC Gamer Pass enforcing phantom age restrictions on Adult account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Today I attempted to install No Man's Sky and Project Wingman on my Windows PC with Game Pass via the Xbox app. However, clicking install brought up... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BigBibbowski, Dec 27, 2021.

1. BigBibbowski
    BigBibbowski Guest

Today I attempted to install No Man's Sky and Project Wingman on my Windows PC with Game Pass via the Xbox app. However, clicking install brought up the following error message:

"This is rated above [username]'s Restrictions

[Game] is rated above the restrictions set on this account. To install, please ask an adult to sign in and download. Or you can continue to browse hundreds of games in the store."

The account in question is the master account for my family, so there is no adult to ask for permission. I am the adult. Oddly, I was able to install Mortal Kombat 11, an M-rated game which should certainly trigger more age restrictions than No Man's Sky or Project Wingman. The dashboard at https://account.microsoft.com/family/home has sent me in circles trying to find any settings that would trigger these restrictions. The dashboard links me out to Help pages which then link me back the dashboard. This is beyond frustrating.

What the heck?

:)

BigBibbowski, Dec 27, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Simply sign out on your Xbox App then sign back in to fix the issue, BigBibbowski.
  3. I Mad0x I Win User

Purchases of this content is currently not allowed for child or teen accounts

You changing their Privacy Settings from Child to Adult doesn't change the account status to adult itself. So pretty much their accounts are still child. It will be possible to change it to adult as soon as they reach 18. If that is the age of an adult in
    your country ofc. You cannot change that setting manually. The restriction on downloadable content stays locked until they reach the required age depending on the content age restriction.
  4. Zdubleu Win User

Adult account can't buy M rated games

You may have set the account as adult but is your age set to that of an adult? That may be why its restricted.
  5. NeoDan123 Win User

My Number One Thing I hate about Xbox.

Is you account an adult or child account.

As child accounts wont be able to play them as they have a age restriction.
  6. Razzageist Win User

getting rid of Age Limits/restrictions

Hopefully you're an adult now. Since you are on an age restriction, the master account (who put the restriction on you) will need to sign in and lift it.
Thema:

1. PC Gamer Pass enforcing phantom age restrictions on Adult account - Similar Threads - Gamer Pass enforcing

2. Gamer tag with game pass ultimate

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamer tag with game pass ultimate: Long story short I’ve had Xbox live since the 360 first came out. I’ve had the same gamer tag since then. Last time I was on my Xbox 1 was around the beginning of 2017. I just recently bought a...
  3. Xbox Gamer Pass - Dragons Age Inquisition download does not work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Gamer Pass - Dragons Age Inquisition download does not work: Dragons Age Inquisition is available to download on the Xbox gamer pass on PC, however the download button does not initiate any sort of download after opening up EA Play. I believe the problem...
  4. Can my child use my Ultimate Game Pass subscription on my PC using their Gamer Tag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can my child use my Ultimate Game Pass subscription on my PC using their Gamer Tag?: Just bought my first Gaming PC (since my Amiga in 1990!) after only having Xbox consoles before. I have an Ultimate Game Pass subscription since we bought the XBox, that me and my son can both...
  5. Gamer Pass used for Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition doesn't work for PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamer Pass used for Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition doesn't work for PC?: I downloaded the 'Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition' for PC which is an included game with 'Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.' I can plan the main game, but the DLCs are not working, particularly the car...
  6. In app purchases made for gamer pass ultimate subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In app purchases made for gamer pass ultimate subscription: Hi, I have a question around in app purchases on various games for gamer pass For the game in question will use Flight Simulator 2020 on the PC and xbox when released.. I am playing the FS on...
  7. Xbox gamer pass ultimate

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gamer pass ultimate: I have a xbox gamer pass on my Hotmail account but I can no longer access this account is there anyway I can transfer the xbox gamer pass to different Hotmail account...
  8. Xbox game pass ideal hub for xbox gamers

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game pass ideal hub for xbox gamers: Iron briGade Gemini heroes reborn Earthworm jim hd Dmc Devil may cry definitive edition Transformers rise of the dark spark Ticket to ride The peanuts movie snoopy grand adventure Stuntman...
  9. iOS gamer pass support

in XBoX Games and Apps
    iOS gamer pass support: Can microsoft please have gamerpass cloud support as its annoying can play on android devices but cant even olay on ios devices at all there is no cloud option surely this is a waisted opportunity...
  10. Xbox Game Pass- Playing Games under different Gamer Tags

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass- Playing Games under different Gamer Tags: Hello! I bought my boyfriend the new xbox and also created an xbox account so I could purchase the GamePass so he can start playing right away. I don't know much about this; since I had to create...