PC insider - store page with "game services" opened instead of actual game

Discus and support PC insider - store page with "game services" opened instead of actual game in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Since today's update to PC xbox app on Win 10. When I press play, the store page for game services is opened and no game is launching. I've found out... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/shaarmoth, Jan 7, 2022.

1. /u/shaarmoth
    /u/shaarmoth Guest

Since today's update to PC xbox app on Win 10. When I press play, the store page for game services is opened and no game is launching.

I've found out that game, which doesn't use advanced installation features - in my case Sea of Thieves is working. Games, which are installed in different directories are launching game services MS store page instead.

I've tried all options for the game services bug - e.g. registry edit, PowerShell commands, restart of game services app, with no luck.

Any advice please?

submitted by /u/shaarmoth
    [link] [comments]

/u/shaarmoth, Jan 7, 2022
  2. SaarFliess Win User

Gamepass for PC won't launch games

trying to launch a game still opens the store page of Gaming Services instead of launching
  3. XBF Mohammed C Win User

PC Game Pass opening microsoft store (gaming services) instead of game

Try to open RegEdit as an administrator and delete the following Services:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet]

if the issue persists, go to your computer's settings, go to Applications>Applications and Features>Search for the Gaming Services program, left-click on it and then tap on Advanced options and then click on repair.
  4. JamesEzcurra Win User

Ace this actually worked for me. I just had to reinstall gaming services after.
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. I'm sorry you're having this problem.

Please try the solutions below, if you haven't already, I hope it works for you.

*Follow each step in order, even if you've already done it, do it again, please.

Solution 1:

Open RegEdit as an administrator and delete the following Services:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet]

*PC reboot

Install gaming service like you would normally

Solution 2:

Go to your windows settings, go to the tab>applications and resources>Search for Gaming Services, click on it, go to advanced options, and tap repair.

Solution 3:

Launch PowerShell as an administrator and enter “get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers”

In the same powershell window, enter "start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN"
  6. DiamondTech Win User

Problems launching Games

Also now it opens the Store page for the Gaming Services whenever I try to launch a game
Thema:

1. PC insider - store page with "game services" opened instead of actual game - Similar Threads - insider store page

2. Cannot find xbox insider hub in microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot find xbox insider hub in microsoft store: Hi, it seems like i cannot find xbox insider hub in the microsoft store, i cannot find the store page. 5325b303-32f0-48cc-b598-a8f59825e609
  3. Microsoft Store softlock and restart bootloop on latest Xbox Insider Beta OS (Xbox One...

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Store softlock and restart bootloop on latest Xbox Insider Beta OS (Xbox One...: Since the last time I posted, I've stepped down to the beta software ring has so far been a smooth experience til the last update. The following issues have occurred Minor Bugs: •Accesssories...
  4. I’m updating my Xbox Store every single day…. Is that because of the insider program?

in XboX Insiders
    I’m updating my Xbox Store every single day…. Is that because of the insider program?: Every day I log onto my xbox, and everyday it asks me to update my microsoft store… I didn’t accept to be put into any insider program and would like for it to stop. If this is the case, how do I...
  5. Unable to participate in ANY Insider content because of the store being blocked when using...

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to participate in ANY Insider content because of the store being blocked when using...: First noticed this issue when trying to access the Halo Infinite Tech Preview, but and Insider content that requires you to open the store to download will result in a "Cannot access store while...
  6. XBox Insider hub missing in MS Store

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox Insider hub missing in MS Store: Hello, on my PC I am searching for the Xbox Insider Hub in the Microsoft Store. It seems not to be available. Can you help? 5a13c769-2924-4d9e-b64d-92a82e5a352e
  7. Store not working, no insider app anymore (omega version)

in XboX Insiders
    Store not working, no insider app anymore (omega version): [IMG] submitted by /u/auxua [link] [comments]
  8. I can't download the Xbox Insider Hub from Microsoft Store

in XboX Insiders
    I can't download the Xbox Insider Hub from Microsoft Store: I can't download the Xbox Insider Hub from Microsoft Store, but it says "Xbox Insider is currently not available". I just wanna play the Beta version of 1.17 Minecraft on Bedrock. Any help will be...
  9. Can't fin Xbox Insider app on the Microsoft Store

in XboX Insiders
    Can't fin Xbox Insider app on the Microsoft Store: Some time ago I enrolled into the beta version of Minecraft so I could try the new RTX mod. I downloaded the Xbox Insider Hub app and followed instructions. Now I want to unenroll from the beta,...
  10. xbox insider hub won't appear on the microsoft store (Windows 10)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox insider hub won't appear on the microsoft store (Windows 10): So, I wanted to download the xbox insider hub on my pc, but when I searched it, it didn't appear anywhere, I looked up through google and found a direct link but for a legacy version on the xbox...