PC lags if game window is in focus, runs fine with different window in focus

Discus and support PC lags if game window is in focus, runs fine with different window in focus in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, I've been back into gaming for a bit now, and I upgraded from an i7 9700F to an i7 10700K, and added a new MSI Mag B560 Tomahawk Wifi. I've been... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ItzJas, Jun 30, 2022.

1. ItzJas
    ItzJas Guest

Hi, I've been back into gaming for a bit now, and I upgraded from an i7 9700F to an i7 10700K, and added a new MSI Mag B560 Tomahawk Wifi. I've been playing a bit of Cold War recently, and I've noticed the game freezing for a few seconds and starting up again, repeatedly through the match. It happens more in fullscreen so I switched to windowed mode. Task Manager shows nothing out of the ordinary, nothing hitting over 80% utilisation. However, when I move Cold War out of focus, like select a smaller different window, so I can see both things, it runs completely fine. I left Cold War on custom match too for a bit and focused a different window, and it ran smoothly.
    Specs
    Core i7 10700K
    MSI MAG B560 Tomahawk WIFI

16GB DDR4 3600MHz

NZXT 360mm AIO for CPU

3x 1tb Samsung 980 Pro

2x 4tb SeaGate HDD (Redownloaded Cold War on this too, to check if it was an m.2 issue, same issue persists)
    Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti

850w PSU

:)

ItzJas, Jun 30, 2022
  2. ItzJas Win User

Tried old processor, same issue. Could this be a gpu issue?
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

If this happens in all games and all platforms, it should happen also in other programs, you could try using again the old processor if you still have it available or contact the processor manufacturer
  4. ItzJas Win User

Alright I’ll try that, I’m running Windows 11 now, issue started in Windows 10
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Do you play those games trough Xbox app, or you play all trough Steam?
  6. ItzJas Win User

Hi, just reinstalled all drivers, and same issue. This issue doesn’t only happen on Cold War; a few other games like Valorant, Forza Horizon 5, etc
Thema:

1. PC lags if game window is in focus, runs fine with different window in focus - Similar Threads - lags game window

2. Xbox series X sound lag on game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X sound lag on game clips: All my game clips lag behind in sounds so the sound is ahead of the game clip itself. Is there away to fix it? d835e67b-3526-436f-aff9-60fbf26b87ca
  3. xbox game bar recording lag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox game bar recording lag: I just resetted my pc and launched xbox game bar, I tried to record with high quality setting and 60fps an it was very laggy before I reset my pc the xbox game bar app was recording very smoothly...
  4. No matter what game I play my character stops running and has like a character lag but the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No matter what game I play my character stops running and has like a character lag but the...: So to explain the issue no matter what game I’m playing no matter how old or new, no matter the controller are you in the matter if it’s online or off-line, my characters in game will just slow...
  5. Game lagging in intervals during gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game lagging in intervals during gaming: Hello, I have a Windows 10 laptop that I "game" on. Whenever it isn't fully charged AND charging, it always has lag spikes e.g. Im at 60 fps and every 50 seconds it goes to 10 fps for about 5...
  6. Windows 10 lagging while gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 lagging while gaming: I have installed windows 10 on my PC and its lagging in games. I played Farcry 4 in the previous version it was running smoothly but when i reinstalled that same windows now its lagging after each...
  7. Desktop Windows Manger Causing Lag While Cloud Gaming (PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Desktop Windows Manger Causing Lag While Cloud Gaming (PC): Hi, Sometimes when I play halo infinite on the cloud (PC) my game start to get video and input lag (mostly input). I've noticed that whenever this happens my desktop windows manager has started...
  8. Xbox beta update - windows update lags in games problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox beta update - windows update lags in games problem: Hi! 1-2 weeks ago i start with xbox beta (for PC), this app required windows update. After this update, all online games have lags... Please help:( ***Moved from Gaming on Windows 10***...
  9. Lagging while streaming games from xb1 to windows 10 pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Lagging while streaming games from xb1 to windows 10 pc: The subject pretty much explains it all. I am using a MoCA wired connection to extend my router. Speeds are 104.3 Mpbs on computer and 98.62 Mbps on xbox. My computer is directly wired to the...
  10. Windows 10 Game Streaming LAG

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 Game Streaming LAG: Hi All, Anyone had the issue of extreme lag whilst streaming games from the Xbox One to Windows 10? Both devices are hooked up via Ethernet, Open NAT and ports forwarded too. My internet speed...