(PC) Recording only happens when I alt-tab

Discus and support (PC) Recording only happens when I alt-tab in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; While playing fortnite I noticed all my clips are never recorded and just show a single from when i Alt-Tabbed. I tested and found that as long as I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/GottakeepUp_, Sep 8, 2019.

1. (PC) Recording only happens when I alt-tab

While playing fortnite I noticed all my clips are never recorded and just show a single from when i Alt-Tabbed. I tested and found that as long as I alt tab the game will record, but playing the game it does not record at all. So many awesome clips gone D:

submitted by /u/GottakeepUp_
    [link] [comments]

/u/GottakeepUp_, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Inhumanbow823 Win User

Game Capture not working after "Alt-Tab"ing out of a game.

I appreciate your response but its rocket league and it does allow recordings because until i alt tab out to go to discord or something the recording works great. its only after the tab out does it record a blank screen :)
  3. Crimson Eclipze Win User

Xbox Game DVR Recording (Windows 10)

Hey Crimson,

I've experienced issues like this in the past and it usually has something to do with a background program. See if there's anything in particular that you have running when it's working compared to when it's not working. Also, alt-tabbing can cause some
    inconsistencies with some games. Think back to when it didn't work, did you alt-tab that session prior to recording?

Hope this helps!
    Yeah actually, I think that's the issue there, I do alt tab but not during the recording, let's say I play for 2 hours I would alt + tab out to reply to a message on discord or look up something and an hour later I would record a clip, guess that's what
    it is then, thanks, but is there any work around other than having to reset my game completely when I alt + tab because usually I have to do that during a game session, if not, that's fine, just looking for any answer with that
  4. Vannec Win User

Xbox Game DVR Recording (Windows 10)

Hey Crimson,

I've experienced issues like this in the past and it usually has something to do with a background program. See if there's anything in particular that you have running when it's working compared to when it's not working. Also, alt-tabbing can cause some
    inconsistencies with some games. Think back to when it didn't work, did you alt-tab that session prior to recording?

Hope this helps!
  5. NFSJAY Win User

Recorded gameplay using Xbox Game Bar only shows black screen with audio?

I found a strange yet inconvenient solution. I found that if i press "Record from Now" and then stop the recording, the "Record That" feature will work after that. But if I press Alt + Tab to switch windows, the recording would be black again. It's only
    a temporary solution but I hope I can find a way to fix it completely.
  6. voteDC Win User

Internet Explorer Is Coming To The Xbox 360 ?

I'd quite like a browser as when I am gaming on my PC I could use the 360 to look something up quickly on the internet without having to ALT-TAB out of the game.
Thema:

(PC) Recording only happens when I alt-tab

1. (PC) Recording only happens when I alt-tab - Similar Threads - Recording happens alt

2. Problem recording

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem recording: Everytime I start recording 4 seconds later a message pops up saying; Recording isn't working. 1f72b2c9-1d44-4648-9ba0-99f303cae3e9
  3. Game bar windows 10 audio not working correctly if i record my microphone.

in XBoX on Windows
    Game bar windows 10 audio not working correctly if i record my microphone.: Hello i have been experiencing a lot of issues with game bar audio. And today i discovered that if i don't record my mic the audio is fine but if i record my mic the audio (only game and other...
  4. Recording videos

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Recording videos: Hi! (Xbox One S) How can I increase the length of video recording, at 720p you can record only up to 10 minutes, and at 1080p you can record only 2 minutes So...How to record more than 10...
  5. Xbox One X Record up to 1 hour stops recording

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X Record up to 1 hour stops recording: I was just curious if other people that use this feature (record up to an hour with an external hard drive) are getting the recording stopped with less than 5 mins of starting. It is doing this to...
  6. Does this new change annoy anyone else, I'm so used to the record and screenshot button...

in XboX Insiders
    Does this new change annoy anyone else, I'm so used to the record and screenshot button...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Rottenpotato365 [link] [comments]
  7. Ever since the update my record that button only records the last 15 seconds even though in...

in XboX Insiders
    Ever since the update my record that button only records the last 15 seconds even though in...: submitted by /u/Dead_Master_115 [link] [comments]
  8. Recording isn't working 2184327175

in XBoX on Windows
    Recording isn't working 2184327175: Merhabalar, Dünden itibaren ekran kaydı yaparken şu hatayı alıyorum. Hatanın görseli: [Mod Transaltion - Hi As of yesterday, When I'm recording screenshots, I get this error. Image of error:]...
  9. Recording Error Code: 2184328729

in XBoX on Windows
    Recording Error Code: 2184328729: Hello, My son has an MSI leopard laptop with xbox live/microsoft. He is trying to record his games but keeps getting: Recording isn’t working error 2184328729. Please advise. Thank you....
  10. September 5h Alpha Skip Ahead Update: Clip Recording changed / missing previous feature

in XboX Insiders
    September 5h Alpha Skip Ahead Update: Clip Recording changed / missing previous feature: [IMG] I am big fan of taking screenshots and recording clips. After the lastet Alpha Skip Update I noticed that the wording and also the options itself have changed. They cut a feature which I...