(PC) Recording only happens when I alt-tab

Discus and support (PC) Recording only happens when I alt-tab in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; While playing fortnite I noticed all my clips are never recorded and just show a single from when i Alt-Tabbed. I tested and found that as long as I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/GottakeepUp_, Sep 8, 2019.

1. (PC) Recording only happens when I alt-tab

While playing fortnite I noticed all my clips are never recorded and just show a single from when i Alt-Tabbed. I tested and found that as long as I alt tab the game will record, but playing the game it does not record at all. So many awesome clips gone D:

submitted by /u/GottakeepUp_
    [link] [comments]

/u/GottakeepUp_, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Inhumanbow823 Win User

Game Capture not working after "Alt-Tab"ing out of a game.

I appreciate your response but its rocket league and it does allow recordings because until i alt tab out to go to discord or something the recording works great. its only after the tab out does it record a blank screen :)
  3. Crimson Eclipze Win User

Xbox Game DVR Recording (Windows 10)

Hey Crimson,

I've experienced issues like this in the past and it usually has something to do with a background program. See if there's anything in particular that you have running when it's working compared to when it's not working. Also, alt-tabbing can cause some
    inconsistencies with some games. Think back to when it didn't work, did you alt-tab that session prior to recording?

Hope this helps!
    Yeah actually, I think that's the issue there, I do alt tab but not during the recording, let's say I play for 2 hours I would alt + tab out to reply to a message on discord or look up something and an hour later I would record a clip, guess that's what
    it is then, thanks, but is there any work around other than having to reset my game completely when I alt + tab because usually I have to do that during a game session, if not, that's fine, just looking for any answer with that
  4. Vannec Win User

Xbox Game DVR Recording (Windows 10)

Hey Crimson,

I've experienced issues like this in the past and it usually has something to do with a background program. See if there's anything in particular that you have running when it's working compared to when it's not working. Also, alt-tabbing can cause some
    inconsistencies with some games. Think back to when it didn't work, did you alt-tab that session prior to recording?

Hope this helps!
  5. NFSJAY Win User

Recorded gameplay using Xbox Game Bar only shows black screen with audio?

I found a strange yet inconvenient solution. I found that if i press "Record from Now" and then stop the recording, the "Record That" feature will work after that. But if I press Alt + Tab to switch windows, the recording would be black again. It's only
    a temporary solution but I hope I can find a way to fix it completely.
  6. voteDC Win User

Internet Explorer Is Coming To The Xbox 360 ?

I'd quite like a browser as when I am gaming on my PC I could use the 360 to look something up quickly on the internet without having to ALT-TAB out of the game.
Thema:

(PC) Recording only happens when I alt-tab

1. (PC) Recording only happens when I alt-tab - Similar Threads - Recording happens alt

2. PC Gamebar no longer recording Fortnite clips

in XBoX on Windows
    PC Gamebar no longer recording Fortnite clips: Hi, I have been having issues lately with my gamebar captures only recording the loading screen of fortnite. This was never the case until recently. I have always played fortnite on fullscreen,...
  3. problem with recording

in XBoX on Windows
    problem with recording: The problem happened with me like 3 days ago and i still can't fix it. when i try to record in a game it says Recording isn't working and under it Error 2184327175 or it says something like stop...
  4. Не работает запись видео[Video recording does not work]

in XBoX on Windows
    Не работает запись видео[Video recording does not work]: После обновления Xbox Game Bar перестала работать запись экрана и поиск группы. [Translation - After updating the Xbox Game Bar, screen recording and group search stopped working.] [img]...
  5. Don't Meet The Requirements To Record On Xbox Game Bar??????!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Don't Meet The Requirements To Record On Xbox Game Bar??????!!!: I wanted to record something I was going to do in a game and then I remembered that I can record with Xbox game bar, I go to record but I don't meet the requirements to record? I have a PC that...
  6. Xbox Recording

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Recording: For whatever reason when i select "record what happened" (or even selecting record the past 5 minutes), i would only get a 3 - 19 second clip of something random that happened in what i assume is...
  7. How Do I record a video capture?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I record a video capture?: I have been recording full hd clips for quite sometime as I bought a new Xbox with 1TB hard drive, the following information is incorrect at this time, all of the sudden the screen capture area...
  8. Game Bar Gameplay Recording Causes Static In Internal Audio That Is Not There When Recording

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar Gameplay Recording Causes Static In Internal Audio That Is Not There When Recording: I am using the Windows 10 Game Bar overlay to record gameplay footage. Everything works smoothly during recording, but when I go back and watch the video, generally at around 14 minutes in, the...
  9. x box screen recording problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    x box screen recording problem: hi I cant able to record the scree with x box "we cant able to record now please try again later" this error comes up but my friends who are using windows 10 is able to record the screen...
  10. couldnt watch my records

in XBoX on Windows
    couldnt watch my records: why do i keep getting messages that there was a problem getting your captures? i cannot view my previous captures what to do????????????????????????????? 22b05c90-c34a-4dd8-8712-467ad41096f3