PC Xbox App does not save account selection - always reverts to logging in as Microsoft account

Discus and support PC Xbox App does not save account selection - always reverts to logging in as Microsoft account in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi all, hopefully someone can help with this. I have the Xbox app on PC. It starts with Windows. The default account it logs in with is the Outlook... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Mr Plowjoy, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Mr Plowjoy
    Mr Plowjoy Guest

PC Xbox App does not save account selection - always reverts to logging in as Microsoft account

Hi all, hopefully someone can help with this.

I have the Xbox app on PC. It starts with Windows. The default account it logs in with is the Outlook address used to setup the OS but that isn't my Gamepass account. It flags this and gives me the option to confirm the email address that I want to use,
    however this doesn't persist through a reboot. It reverts back to my Outlook account and I lose my Gamepass access unless I go through the same process.

In Settings > Accounts on the OS, I can see the account I want to use but for the life of me I can't find the method of setting that account to be the one always used for the Xbox app.

Any pointers? I've recently reinstalled the PC with a fresh OS and didn't have this issue previously.

:)

Mr Plowjoy, Dec 7, 2020
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Microsoft Jigsaw, wrong login info, now can't change

Hi LexingtonLegacy,

Upon further research, you will need to add your other Microsoft Account as another user on your PC. Once you add the second MSA to Windows, it should allow you to sign out from the game or Xbox App and upon signing back in, it should present you with both
    accounts and you choose the right one to log in. You can even login with the correct account initially when logging into Windows, and the app will be automatically signed into the right account.

The important app to be logged into for Xbox Live data and progress is the Microsoft Store app, since apps downloaded from the Microsoft Store use the account information that is logged into the Store app.

• Select the Start button, select
      Settings > Accounts
      and then select Family & other users. (In some editions of Windows you'll see Other users.)
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Add the Microsoft Account.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Forza Horizon 4 account not working

Hi gmazgušter,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums, I'd be happy to help.

First, make sure you are logged into the right account on the Xbox Console Companion app.

To switch to a different Microsoft account:

1. Open the Xbox Console Companion app.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select Sign Out.
    4. Select Sign In.
    5. Under Use another account, select Sign in with a different Microsoft account.
    6. In the Choose an account window, select the Microsoft account that you want to sign in with.
    7. If prompted, enter the credentials associated with that Microsoft account.

[*]
    Now, make sure you are logged into the correct account on the Microsoft Store app. Open the Microsoft Store and click on the user icon next to the search box. Click on the account and then select Sign out. Once signed out, click on the user icon again
    and select Sign In. Choose the account from the list of accounts on your PC or add the account if you need to. Then start the game and it should be logged into the correct account.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox game pass

Hi Hanimoz,

Thank you for providing more information on the issue.

First, just restart your PC. As basic as this is, a simple restart can set many things right.

When the PC restarts, open the Microsoft Store app and click on the user icon in the top right corner, select the account (which should be the one logged into Windows), and sign out. When the page reloads, click the same icon and log into the
    Microsoft Account that has the Xbox Game Pass for PC subscription purchased and activated. Once you're logged in to the correct account on the Microsoft Store app, you should be able to download games from the Xbox (Beta) app or directly from the Store.

As long as you are logged into the correct account with the subscription on the Microsoft Store app and are on Windows 10 version 1903, you should be able to install games from the Xbox (Beta) app or directly from the Microsoft Store.
  5. Alliance United Win User

Windows 8 and Xbox Live are on two separate Microsoft accounts.

Hello,

Want to sign in to your app as a different user?

Use your Xbox app with a different Microsoft account

To switch to a different Microsoft account than the one you’re signed in with in your Xbox app—as you’d want to do if your Xbox gamertag is associated with a different Microsoft account (formerly known as a Windows Live ID)—do the following.

Sign in to your PC using a different Microsoft account

1.On your PC, select the Settings charm.

2.Select Change PC settings.

3.Select Users.

4.Under Other users, select an account.

If needed, select Add a user and enter the email address and password for the Microsoft account you want to use.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox Accessories not working

Hi 28 Genesis 15

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

Do you log in to Windows using a Microsoft account or just a local user account?

If you log into Windows with a Microsoft Account, does that account have an Xbox Live Gamertag?

Did the Xbox Accessories app prompt you to sign in to a Microsoft Account? I don't think it would if you logged into Windows with a Microsoft account as most WIndows apps will log in automatically to your Microsoft account.

If I'm not mistaken, you need to be logged in to an Xbox Live account to configure and save the profiles to your account which is linked to the controller.
Thema:

1. PC Xbox App does not save account selection - always reverts to logging in as Microsoft account - Similar Threads - App does save

2. XBOX APP remote Control Function does not work

in XBoX on Mobile
    XBOX APP remote Control Function does not work: I have a iPhone and the xbox app remote control feature does not work, it says SOMETHING WENT WRONG when you try any of the buttons on the iPhone screen. f40c1cce-2087-4e26-84bd-68391a97fcd5
  3. Xbox Series X|S Quick Resume - Does it work on Apps?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X|S Quick Resume - Does it work on Apps?: If I leave a game and then launch several apps - Rewards, Edge, Bing, YouTube, Insider - do those apps get added to Quick Resume? I'm concerned my quick resume game is going to be bumped out for...
  4. XBOX GAME PASS APP ON PC DOES NOT LAUNCH EA DESKTOP TO INSTALL EA PLAY GAMES

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX GAME PASS APP ON PC DOES NOT LAUNCH EA DESKTOP TO INSTALL EA PLAY GAMES: As per the title. Resubscribed to Xbox game pass and includes the EA play option. Game pass produces an error when I try to install an EA game saying it cannot launch or download EA desktop. I...
  5. Using Xbox One Companion App - Does it is use up your data allowance for the month?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Using Xbox One Companion App - Does it is use up your data allowance for the month?: If I am playing an offline single player game and streaming the game to my laptop via xbox companion app, will the companion app uses any of my internet data allowances? I will not be using Xbox...
  6. Xbox wont load games or apps and when it does has long load times

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont load games or apps and when it does has long load times: So one day im just playing video games and i go and eat lunch and i come back and my external hard drive no longer works so im like ok thats fine the series x comes out in a little bit so i just...
  7. Why does every windows 10 xbox app suck so bad

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does every windows 10 xbox app suck so bad: Every single xbox program for windows 10 sucks so much **** its unbelievable All of them are painfullt laggy and slow A bunch of the features like joining parties barely works making me have to...
  8. sign in button in xbox app does nothing

in XBoX Accessibility
    sign in button in xbox app does nothing: Hey I just installed the xbox app after winning game pass for free and I hit the sign in button on the app and it does nothing. Ive reinstalled and restarted several times...
  9. Does "Reset this Xbox but keep games and apps" erase singleplayer saves?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does "Reset this Xbox but keep games and apps" erase singleplayer saves?: I looked everywhere online but can't find this simple answer. Can anyone help me? I factory reset my Xbox One but used "keep games and apps." What I want to know is did that also erase all my...
  10. xbox one does not save the login settings for the youtube app

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one does not save the login settings for the youtube app: xbox one does not save the login settings for the youtube app and it needs to go youtube.com/activate and enter code, what to do? 953895f8-1ce8-49f7-9ca5-f16456b4452a