PC - Xbox App picks the wrong harddrive.

Discus and support PC - Xbox App picks the wrong harddrive. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Howdy, I think I've run into a bug I can't wrap my head around. I've set the default download drive to my E: Drive Except they keep on ending up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JohnFoulfellow, Sep 19, 2020.

1. PC - Xbox App picks the wrong harddrive.

Howdy,

I think I've run into a bug I can't wrap my head around.

I've set the default download drive to my E: Drive

Except they keep on ending up on my C: drive clogging up my windows drive.

Am I missing something here?

Any input is appreciated.

/cheers

PC - Xbox App picks the wrong harddrive. [​IMG]

PC - Xbox App picks the wrong harddrive. [​IMG]

:)

JohnFoulfellow, Sep 19, 2020
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello John,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you are having issues downloading games. Are these game pass games you are downloading? If so they will always go to the C: Drive. This is the default location as they are game pass games.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. JohnFoulfellow Win User

Hi Brad,

Yes, these are game pass games.

Except I've set the default drive to E, as you can clearly see in my post?

Are you telling me you've made it so I have to install all games on the same drive as windows?

Why would you even have the option to select drives then?

That makes no sense what so ever.
  4. DanielFonsecaBarros Win User

Problems with downloading in xbox game pass for the pc

Having a similar issue, but my games either download to C instead of the specified drive, or they don't download at all.

Found this thread that might be helpful. I mean, the answer is still frustrating but it may bring you some closure...

https://answers.microsoft.com/pt-br/xbox/forum/all/pc-xbox-app-picks-the-wrong-harddrive/0df1c4a6-1a71-49df-bf45-ba488ef942eb
  5. deadeagleman Win User

On the 360s console, which is faster, the 4GB internal memory unit or hard drive?

your wrong, the 4 gb is not a harddrive , it is a flash drive, if he was install the game on his 4gb without no harddrive, he has no room for saves or downloading games off the market store, his xbox will be slow when loading dashboard..he better off with
    harddrive
  6. ooD0C H0L1DAYoo Win User

Lost storage space

Plug in your external harddrive into a pc and check to see if it there in not you can wipe the harddrive.
Thema:

1. PC - Xbox App picks the wrong harddrive. - Similar Threads - App picks wrong

2. Xbox APP for PC troubles

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox APP for PC troubles: [img] My installation stuck at this stage, have tried multiple times including direct download from the website and using windows store but the xbox app still wont install. Please help...
  3. Why cant i change my Profile picture on the Xbox app anymore?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Why cant i change my Profile picture on the Xbox app anymore?: Cant change pfp anymore after the xbox app update is it permanet or temporary? d7ed9e33-889a-4a3c-80e0-9d033ce11bbe
  4. PS4 vs Xb1 - Accessing streaming apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PS4 vs Xb1 - Accessing streaming apps: I have a PS4 currently, no Xbox. I love game pass on my pc so am considering moving to XBSX for this next gen. Haven't made my mind up yet. I was hoping someone with an XB1 could help me out......
  5. You tube app won't pick up Xbox to cast

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You tube app won't pick up Xbox to cast: There both on the same wifi both uninstalled and reinstalled and a soft reset in the xbox but its still not picking it up 37fc3f9e-8dfe-418a-b43d-3fea948b85e2
  6. Xbox One Skype App Not Picking Up My Voice

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Skype App Not Picking Up My Voice: I want to start this off by saying that I didn't have this problem till I had to download the new Skype app a few months back. My problem is that whenever I am in a call my friends can't hear me,...
  7. Xbox One app stops picking up remote

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One app stops picking up remote: Whenever I play a game through streaming with the Xbox App, my remote stops responding and I can't do anything. Most of the time, it works for an hour, and then just stops. Help!...
  8. Xbox One App picking up static from PC Headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One App picking up static from PC Headset: When I join a party with my friends through the Xbox One App, they say that my mic is creating a lot of static. I've tried turning my mic down, but that doesn't effect it. I am using the headset I...
  9. NFL on Xbox One app - Pick off sweepstake live pick answer not updating

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NFL on Xbox One app - Pick off sweepstake live pick answer not updating: Had no problem using the app last week. Voted during the two matches on Saturday just fine. Today; a week later, it just continues to show last weeks game poll results but doesn't offer me new...
  10. Xbox one Controller not being picked up by an app or game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Controller not being picked up by an app or game.: Hello, I am having some problems with using my Xbox one controller on windows 10 in both wired and wireless connections. After the anniversary edition update, my controller was not being detected...