PC Xbox Game App Will Not Show Video When Connected to My Xbox Series X Console

Discus and support PC Xbox Game App Will Not Show Video When Connected to My Xbox Series X Console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I connect my Xbox Series X to my PC Xbox App, I can hear sound and I can tell I am moving around the menu with my controller, but I have no video.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tfe731_99, Jul 5, 2022.

1. tfe731_99
    tfe731_99 Guest

When I connect my Xbox Series X to my PC Xbox App, I can hear sound and I can tell I am moving around the menu with my controller, but I have no video. I have to turn on the TV my Series X is connected too, in order for it to fully go remote and I get video with the App. It never used to do this. Does anyone else have this issue and what is the fix so I don't have to turn my TV on in order to play this console on my PC?

:)

tfe731_99, Jul 5, 2022
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Can't find games on Xbox Windows Application

The game is only available on the Xbox One/Xbox Series X|S, which is why you can not see it on the PC app, as only PC games are shown on the PC app store. If you do purchase the game, yes it will show up on your Xbox console for you to download.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Does the e xbox app work on 360?

The Xbox app is mainly a companion app for the Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S consoles, but Xbox 360 games will show on there when you play them.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, tfe731_99. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Please try to remove and add your console again to the Xbox app:

On the Xbox app, click on the three dots next to the button to connect to the Xbox via remote play and choose 'Remove Console'. Once it is removed, select 'Add Console' and go through the process of adding the console as a remote play option.

After adding it again, please power cycle your console:

1​​. Turn off your console and your router/modem.

2. Unplug all the cables from both devices (power, HDMI, etc..) and wait 2 minutes.

3. After 2 minutes, plug all the cables in again on your router/modem and wait for all the lights to show up.

​​​4. Plug all the cables on your console and turn it on.

Try to connect again and see if the issue persists.

Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.
  5. Jesse3G Win User

Series X registered as Xbox One

Thanks for the help - just so you know, the Xbox App shows my console name correctly as "Series X".
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Will the Xbox Series X/S work on a 1080p 60hz TV?

There's a video in this post link that show some info on upgrading a TV for the new consoles, Just some info for if and when you are looking to get a new TV to go with the new consoles...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...series-x/294fadd9-8dbe-457f-8f1e-873c74ee82eb

There's no need for an 8K TV as the consoles wont be able to play games at 8K, as 8K gaming is just not ready for consoles, even the most expensive, powerful gaming PC's struggle to play games at 8K,

I don't see 8K gaming on console for at least two more console generations after the Xbox Series X/S (7-14+ years).
Thema:

1. PC Xbox Game App Will Not Show Video When Connected to My Xbox Series X Console - Similar Threads - Game App Show

2. Xbox Game Pass App (Android) not showing New Games under Console tab

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Pass App (Android) not showing New Games under Console tab: Since the most recent update to the Android this week, the section that shows new games added to Game Pass, isn't showing. It shows fine under PC but not Console games. Screenshot:...
  3. Rainbow Six Siege not Showing on Xbox app, even with Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rainbow Six Siege not Showing on Xbox app, even with Game Pass Ultimate: I have Game Pass Ultimate, yet on my PC I can't find Rainbow Six Siege or any add-ons for it on the Xbox app. f8a88eed-496c-4ef1-a78f-5df189cd3a21
  4. Xbox App Doesn't show my games in the Library

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App Doesn't show my games in the Library: My windows is Windows 11, and Xbox app in my computer Doesn't show any games that i already have in my library. it only shows " Unable to display right now" [img]...
  5. The Xbox PC app wont show me a game I own.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Xbox PC app wont show me a game I own.: I own the game Sea of Thieves on my Xbox account. I installed it on my PC a while ago and recently ran out of game pass, now it doesn't show I own the game or have previously bought it. I would...
  6. Xbox games not showing up in My games and Apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox games not showing up in My games and Apps: Good Day. I am based in South Africa and none of my games or apps are showing up on Series S or on my Xbox App.. I have tried reseting the console and set it up from the start again and the...
  7. Xbox game pass app only shows install to

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass app only shows install to: Recently my game pass app no longer shows the play now on cloud game options. I was able to play recently on 6/25 however now 6/29 the options are gone. Have an Android 12 Samsung A32. Have...
  8. Games I paid for on Xbox arent showing up on the PC app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Games I paid for on Xbox arent showing up on the PC app: I recently found out about being able to access Xbox games on PC and as someone who migrated to PC from Xbox this got me super excited. I had games I had paid for on my Xbox I was hoping to access...
  9. windowing gaming preview is not showing in Xbox app settings

in XboX Insiders
    windowing gaming preview is not showing in Xbox app settings: I am trying use a thing for dbd and I have to use window gaming to use it and when I turned it on after the Xbox app updated it didn't show and so i restarted my PC and still is not showing in the...
  10. Xbox PC app installed games not always showing after launch of app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC app installed games not always showing after launch of app: Windows 11 Pro, fresh install, fresh everything. When my PC starts and the app launches, sometimes I have to close and relaunch the app multiple times before most of the games will show up that...