PC Xbox Game bar party chat makes keyboard and mouse stop working

Discus and support PC Xbox Game bar party chat makes keyboard and mouse stop working in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having a weird problem with party chat on PC. Whenever I try to start a party in the Xbox game bar or join a party, my keyboard and mouse just... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Little Craig, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Little Craig
    Little Craig Guest

Hi, I'm having a weird problem with party chat on PC. Whenever I try to start a party in the Xbox game bar or join a party, my keyboard and mouse just stop working. It looks like the keyboard actually disconnects, as the LED lighting just turns off. I don't have a clue what's causing it as it only happens with party chat. Does anyone know any solutions?

:)

Little Craig, Nov 5, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Maybe some program or service is causing this type of problem. Disable as many third-party programs as you are using on your PC and perform a clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

Also, look for Game Bar in Windows bar>right click>app settings and click ''terminate, repair and restore'', restart your PC, and test if the problem persists.
  3. JonHay2 Win User

[PC] Xbox Game bar push to talk not working in background

I am having the same issue, this used to work but now I cannot use push to talk in Sea of Thieves unless I toggle the game bar open when in an Xbox Party audio chat.

I also cannot set mouse buttons as push to talk hotkeys in the Xbox Game Bar settings, only keyboard keys.
  4. Grubbee Win User

Mic does not work in party while using a controller on pc

Thats what I'm doing.. the only thing I am doing different from playing keyboard/mouse is the controller itself. but when i plug it in every setting on the pc changes to controller mic. Even though the controller has no mic. So I go back through all the
    pc settings and xbox companion settings and change it back but the xbox game bar will not let me use the usb mic anymore. I have to unplug the controller and reset the pc to be able to use my mic again. when I start a party in the companion app it says my
    mic is working , but if i am in a party on that app for some reason I'm not in a party on the game bar... so if i start a party on the game bar the mic still doesn't work..
  5. GoT My GaT Win User

Streaming Windows 10 games onto Xbox One Discussion

Yes but let's be honest, some games will never move over to xbox one. The image I am trying to paint is for example being able to stream Anno 2205 or a speciality RTS game such as starcraft 2, stream it to the xbox and actually have the use of mouse and
    keyboard to play said pc game.

Apparently though mouse support is still in the works but keyboard is already here. They are looking to make mouse and keyboard work for gaming though apparently.
  6. Ambassador Zemi Win User

Rainbow six pc and xbox

Yea it would be easier just getting it for PC if you wanted to play with mouse and keyboard. I dont believe R6S has keyboard and mouse support on xbox. But with that being said if you really wanted to play with keyboard and mouse on console you could buy
    one of those 3rd party adapters that allows you to play with keyboard and mouse on console.
Thema:

1. PC Xbox Game bar party chat makes keyboard and mouse stop working - Similar Threads - Game bar party

2. Xbox Game Bar Constantly Disconnecting from crossplay party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar Constantly Disconnecting from crossplay party chat: This issue has been occurring for the past few months and I can't find ANY solution. When chatting with friends on Xbox while I'm on PC, EVERY time after about five minutes I will get disconnected...
  3. Xbox Game Bar on PC, party goes silent, disconnects me.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar on PC, party goes silent, disconnects me.: This has been an ongoing issue for me for months, and it's made Game Bar almost impossible to use for parties. I'll join a party just fine, then after about 15 - 20 seconds, everyone else in the...
  4. PC Xbox Game Bar still kicks from parties with Xbox users.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PC Xbox Game Bar still kicks from parties with Xbox users.: When using the Xbox Game Bar on PC, for around 10 to 15 seconds I can hear everyone and then everyone goes quiet, my name still lights up like its still registering my voice and I still have audio...
  5. Xbox game bar party not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar party not working: Basically when I join a party after a minute the party audio stops working and everybody goes completely silent. The party chat still shows I'm talking, but my friends are not. My friends told me...
  6. Game Bar Party Chat Constantly Disconnecting

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar Party Chat Constantly Disconnecting: I am constantly getting disconnected from parties. No idea how to fix this. I am in a party and then I can't hear the party talking. It cuts out abruptly. I get invited back to the party I'm...
  7. Xbox Game Bar Party Chat is constantly disconnecting me from parties

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar Party Chat is constantly disconnecting me from parties: The Xbox Game Bar and the Xbox app on my iPhone 11 both randomly but consistently disconnect me from the party without telling me that I have left. It doesn't happen every night but when it does...
  8. Background on Game Bar party

in XBoX on Windows
    Background on Game Bar party: I updated Xbox Game Bar do find when I join a party a weird background shows up, I have it set to minimal mode just I see a transparent gray block on background. Is there a way to get rid of this?...
  9. Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar Party Chat Drops Out or "Disconnects" With No Error Message - Only...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar Party Chat Drops Out or "Disconnects" With No Error Message - Only...: Before we go down the route of identifying my hardware, software and permissions... I have 2 other friends on Windows 10 PC who experience the exact same issues on vastly different PC...
  10. My account name and icon flash without audio input in Xbox Game Bar party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My account name and icon flash without audio input in Xbox Game Bar party chat: When I'm in anybody's party using open mic, my name and icon flash constantly when I'm not speaking and when my headset mic is muted. I can hear and talk to my friends without issue, and my...