[PC] Xbox Gaming Services will not run

Discus and support [PC] Xbox Gaming Services will not run in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I bought and downloaded Gears V for PC. It ran well yesterday. Today I was trying to launch the game but nothing was happening. So I opened Task... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Warri0r man, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Warri0r man
    Warri0r man Guest

So I bought and downloaded Gears V for PC. It ran well yesterday.

Today I was trying to launch the game but nothing was happening. So I opened Task manger and ended the Gaming Services program. Now when I try to launch Gears V is opens the Microsoft store and asks me to download Gaming Services. I have now re downloaded
    that like 5 times. It will not run, I cannot find it on my PC, and I don't know what else to do.

I have cleared the Store cache. I have reset my PC. I have turned off my PC. It downloads but won't run. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Warri0r man, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Warri0r man Win User

I managed to complete this exactly 1 time in the last hour. It either sits on Pending while trying to download forever or it doesn't do anything.

I managed to get it to download fully, but trying to launch the game caused it to just reopen the store on the Gaming services page anyway. Tried restarting my PC and launching again and it didn't work.

Currently trying to re-download it again, its sitting at "Downloading Gaming Service"
  3. Warri0r man Win User

Well. Once again the downloads have failed. If I remove and download Gaming Service on its own, it can complete, but then trying to actually download the game itself fails. It won't even let me get past clicking install. Removing Gaming Service and then
    downloading the game at least starts to download both of them. Albeit at such a slow rate its a miracle it gets anywhere. Then inevitably they both fail due to some cloud service error. Usually takes about 30mins to an hour for them to fail.

I even tried to do a system restore to September 5th. Failed as well. Says that maybe my antivirus is blocking it from working. Disabled Avast and Male-ware bytes. Still failed. Same error.

I just do not understand how this can be so hard. How something that is so integral to Windows 10 just fails. Each. And. Every. Time.

Its frankly ridiculous the amount of time I have spent trying to fix this. I'll give it a few more days before I say **** it and get my refund.

Diego I appreciate the help you've given and any more help you give.
  4. Warri0r man Win User

Already ahead of you there. Got the windows store installed and currently been trying to download the game once again

[​IMG]

Been this way for about 30mins. Don't know why the download speed is so slow. Its either super slow download speed or it tells me something went wrong.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Warri0r man,

That's odd as those commands have worked for others. The last command is what is supposed install the Store and other built in apps that could have been uninstalled.

Open up a PowerShell command prompt again as an administrator and type or paste the following command:

Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

As soon as you execute the command PowerShell will initiate the process and reinstalls Windows store app within a couple of minutes. From there you can re-install the Xbox app through the Store app.
  6. Warri0r man Win User

So. I did what you asked. Ran powershell as an admin. Typed those 2 commands into it. Reset my PC. And then typed that other command.

Seems to have done stuff. A lot of errors popped up. And now the Microsoft store and xbox app no longer exist on my PC. Nor can I find a way to download the Microsoft store. Please see below for the lovely list of errors.

Edit: I love this part.

Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.12.3.18362_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy.

Edit2: Managed to reinstall the windows store using powershell. Right back to square 1.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it
    modifies are currently in use.
    error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed
    Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.12.3.18362_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] b70d2a26-6800-0006-db32-0db70068d501 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID b70d2a26-6800-0006-db32-0db70068d501
    At line:1 char:37 + ... s| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.I ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand
    Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist.
    At line:1 char:37
    + ... s| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.I ...
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\AppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand
    Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist.
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\AppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand
    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor.
    (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073CF9)
    error 0x80070490: Unable to update the status for package
    windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.2.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy (Clear=0x0, Set=0x400).
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] b70d2a26-6800-0006-1e33-0db70068d501 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID b70d2a26-6800-0006-1e33-0db70068d501
    + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Windows\Imme...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand
    At line:1 char:37 + ... s| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.I ...

Thema:

1. [PC] Xbox Gaming Services will not run - Similar Threads - Gaming Services run

2. Publishers' gaming service

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Publishers' gaming service: How many game launchers do we need? My concern is having another program running along with the game. How much more resources will it consume etc. I have sort of come to live with launchers like...
  3. Game as a service is bad

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game as a service is bad: WHY? STOP DENYING US OFFLINE GAMING [img] fe438350-774b-49cc-8766-762db9b61f43
  4. Code: 0x80073D26. Can't download gaming services on windows store.

in XBoX on Windows
    Code: 0x80073D26. Can't download gaming services on windows store.: I keep trying to download gears 5 and every time i try it makes me download gaming services which keeps getting Code: 0x80073D26 is there a fix for this? 266cfe3c-844f-4c64-be42-55c887df1fca
  5. Xbox Beta App / Gaming Services won't install 0x800700b7

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta App / Gaming Services won't install 0x800700b7: I have the problem that i bought gears 5 and wanted to preload it. I tried to install it and with it the application gaming services was downloaded too. Both couldnt be installed because of the...
  6. Service outage, app and game access.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Service outage, app and game access.: This is paste the point of ridiculous. People uninstalling their games, thinking it will fix the issue and not being able to reinstall again. Outage for 5+ hours? This is not the paid service...
  7. Game Pass PC can't start games, shows Gaming Services instead.

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass PC can't start games, shows Gaming Services instead.: So just today I tried to launch Hollow Knight and CrossCode, and both times opened up Microsoft Store with Gaming Services selected. I tried reinstalling Gaming Services, but I still can't run...
  8. The Xbox game refund service page isn't loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Xbox game refund service page isn't loading: I've gone through the ~4 page yes/no form and been redirected to "Request a refund" page like seven times now on four different occasions and the page just loads for like a minute and then says...
  9. Cannot Connect to Online Services while In-Game

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot Connect to Online Services while In-Game: I recently installed Windows 10 explicitly to purchase and play Minecraft Windows 10 edition for the crossplay feature, but I am unable to connect to online services while in-game. This applies...
  10. How can core services be up and running if Social and gaming are having trouble?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can core services be up and running if Social and gaming are having trouble?: How can core services be up and running if Social and gaming are having trouble? Surely this is what an Xbox is for. If I wanted to stream movies or purchase a game I would do it on my computer....