People joining party causes odd problem

Discus and support People joining party causes odd problem in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I have a really annoying issue here that I have reported a few times over the last 6 months. This happens consistently and I can make it happen all... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/CrazyGreekDude, Aug 4, 2019.

1. People joining party causes odd problem

So I have a really annoying issue here that I have reported a few times over the last 6 months. This happens consistently and I can make it happen all the time depending on who joins the party.

• Sitting in a party with any number of people
    • Someone is either invited or randomly joins
    • Get pop up that (insert GT here) has joined
    • Immediately after my entire home network crashes
    • I have no communication, No connection to the internet on any device, nothing
    • Netgear Nighthawk shuts off and restarts by itself as soon as that person joins.

• This happens every time and seemingly only with certain people joining. This happens 100% of the time when my buddy TYZZLR joins this happens in RL. Sometimes I'll be playing Gears 4 with friends and people will be dropping in and out and ill be having this problem and I just give up trying. It's so annoying.
    • Sometimes in order to reconnect I have to restart the console as well
    • As long as that person that caused the crash is in the party I can re-join without an issue.
    submitted by /u/CrazyGreekDude
    [link] [comments]

/u/CrazyGreekDude, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Mister Maka Win User

Cannot Connect To Xbox Live Parties

Hey there BloodyLion767!

Odd that you're not able to join any parties. If you start a party are you able to invite people to your party instead? Have you made sure that the friends you're attempting to connect with also have an open NAT? Anything other than open can cause trouble.
  3. Falkon(2) Win User

Xbox Live Party Disconnects

Make sure that the people who are joining your party also have an open NAT. If the problem just started fairly recently I'm guessing it's a new friend who has a Moderate or Strict NAT causing these issues for everyone else.
  4. Defy Lightning Win User

Cod 4 get together?

I won't be on later cause it's almost my bedtime. :(

We'll make this happen eventually, but just as soon as some more people join the party.
  5. BLOYSKI Win User

Matchmaking alert

Hi there

Do you know what NAT type you have? It may of changed and is causing it not to connect to other people's party's or join games.
  6. John Dowding Win User

Problems with party chat

Party chat isn't restricted to people playing the same game. I'm regularly in a party with people who are playing different games (various regulars on these forums) and have no problems at all either joining or communicating. The only problem with party
    chat I have found is if I host a party and then plug my mic in then it doesnt work. But if i make sure its plugged in before I start or join a party then no issues.
Thema:

People joining party causes odd problem

1. People joining party causes odd problem - Similar Threads - joining party causes

2. I can’t join a party I keep getting error [0x8923401C]

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t join a party I keep getting error [0x8923401C]: when ever i try to join a party it connects for a bit then disconnects me and says “Your network settings are blocking party chat” then shows the error [0x8923401C] afterwards I have searched...
  3. Can't join friends party group chat

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't join friends party group chat: For the last two to three weeks I have been unable to join my friends party on xbox chat unless invited which I don't want to keep having to get her to do. I have tried hard reset, checked my...
  4. I still cannot join parties on Xbox App on mobile phones due to this unsolvable error message.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I still cannot join parties on Xbox App on mobile phones due to this unsolvable error message.: So it is still happening again. I still cannot join any parties on phone. Right now, that is the only way I can communicate with Xbox Parties and it's tiring for me to see this message every...
  5. Can’t play Xbox live or join a party, even though I have Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t play Xbox live or join a party, even though I have Xbox live: so yesterday morning i bought a year subscription to EA access and later in the day i noticed i couldnt join my friends party and xbox said i needed xbox live. I’ve checked my subscriptions on the...
  6. Can't join or start parties on Xbox Beta

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't join or start parties on Xbox Beta: I have tried reinstalling the app. Opening up the audio settings displays a sad face and a volume slider (which I cannot change) and a enable push to talk checkbox (which I can not enable) Right...
  7. when i join a party i hear double of my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    when i join a party i hear double of my friend: so when i join a party on xbox i hear double of my friend and i don't know why. i tried different headsets and tried plugging it back in. i even looked at the audio settings. help?...