People joining party causes odd problem

Discus and support People joining party causes odd problem in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I have a really annoying issue here that I have reported a few times over the last 6 months. This happens consistently and I can make it happen all... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/CrazyGreekDude, Aug 4, 2019.

1. People joining party causes odd problem

So I have a really annoying issue here that I have reported a few times over the last 6 months. This happens consistently and I can make it happen all the time depending on who joins the party.

• Sitting in a party with any number of people
    • Someone is either invited or randomly joins
    • Get pop up that (insert GT here) has joined
    • Immediately after my entire home network crashes
    • I have no communication, No connection to the internet on any device, nothing
    • Netgear Nighthawk shuts off and restarts by itself as soon as that person joins.

• This happens every time and seemingly only with certain people joining. This happens 100% of the time when my buddy TYZZLR joins this happens in RL. Sometimes I'll be playing Gears 4 with friends and people will be dropping in and out and ill be having this problem and I just give up trying. It's so annoying.
    • Sometimes in order to reconnect I have to restart the console as well
    • As long as that person that caused the crash is in the party I can re-join without an issue.
    submitted by /u/CrazyGreekDude
    [link] [comments]

/u/CrazyGreekDude, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Mister Maka Win User

Cannot Connect To Xbox Live Parties

Hey there BloodyLion767!

Odd that you're not able to join any parties. If you start a party are you able to invite people to your party instead? Have you made sure that the friends you're attempting to connect with also have an open NAT? Anything other than open can cause trouble.
  3. Falkon(2) Win User

Xbox Live Party Disconnects

Make sure that the people who are joining your party also have an open NAT. If the problem just started fairly recently I'm guessing it's a new friend who has a Moderate or Strict NAT causing these issues for everyone else.
  4. Defy Lightning Win User

Cod 4 get together?

I won't be on later cause it's almost my bedtime. :(

We'll make this happen eventually, but just as soon as some more people join the party.
  5. BLOYSKI Win User

Matchmaking alert

Hi there

Do you know what NAT type you have? It may of changed and is causing it not to connect to other people's party's or join games.
  6. John Dowding Win User

Problems with party chat

Party chat isn't restricted to people playing the same game. I'm regularly in a party with people who are playing different games (various regulars on these forums) and have no problems at all either joining or communicating. The only problem with party
    chat I have found is if I host a party and then plug my mic in then it doesnt work. But if i make sure its plugged in before I start or join a party then no issues.
Thema:

People joining party causes odd problem

1. People joining party causes odd problem - Similar Threads - joining party causes

2. Xbox app won’t let me join a party

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app won’t let me join a party: Recently I tried to join a party with my friends on my xbox app on IOS but everytime I tried it would say “something went wrong” and i delete the app and re-downloaded it to see if that would work...
  3. My Xbox One S will not let me join or invite players to parties.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox One S will not let me join or invite players to parties.: My Xbox One S will not allow me to join/ pr invite players to parties. i have tried power cycling and ive also reset my router. My NAT type is open and my privacy settings are on Adult. How do I...
  4. With some people it wont let me join party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    With some people it wont let me join party chat: My nat type is open and I can join some people but for the last 2 days it eont let me or my buddy join each other. Is just has a thing that pops up and says your network settings are blocking...
  5. My friend can’t message me or join parties due to an issue

in XBoX on Mobile
    My friend can’t message me or join parties due to an issue: me and my friend were just casually messaging each other, and not to long ago, he is now unable to message me due to a “suspension”, his gamertag is [Mod removed - personal information] I would...
  6. Can't join party chat or games on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't join party chat or games on PC: Hi, I've got a problem with the Xbox App and all of the multiplayer Xbox Games on PC: I can't join any of my friends neither in game nor in party chat. I figured out that the problem is the fact...
  7. Unable to join XBOX parties on windows 10 console companion.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to join XBOX parties on windows 10 console companion.: Question is as title. trying to join a party with my friends on xbox just causes a loading symbol, and nothing else happens. I have checked all the guides, my NAT type is moderate, and all my...
  8. having problems join party invites

in XBoX on Consoles
    having problems join party invites: dear sir/madam i am having problems joining invites to partys all the time i have got xbox live and their is nothing wrong with my internet as i stream on mixer its just when people send me a...
  9. Notifications not working when someone joins party

in XboX Insiders
    Notifications not working when someone joins party: submitted by /u/MichaeLionheart [link] [comments]
  10. Can't join parties

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't join parties: I have had this problem for a long while now, looking for solutions on here mostly and so far none have worked. I have a problem with joining parties, it greys out saying "party has encountered an...