Perfect Xbox 360 suddenly won't update: C000-0099 status error

Discus and support Perfect Xbox 360 suddenly won't update: C000-0099 status error in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have spotted a concerning trend in several posts where 10 year old Xbox 360's suddenly get bricked during an update or simply won't update. Is MSFT... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by captain_semtex, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Perfect Xbox 360 suddenly won't update: C000-0099 status error

I have spotted a concerning trend in several posts where 10 year old Xbox 360's suddenly get bricked during an update or simply won't update. Is MSFT deliberately killing old machines?

I have an 10 year old original Xbox 360, an Xbox 360S and an Xbox ONE S. It's been 2 years since I last played the Xbox 360. When I turned it on recently I was immediately prompted with a system update from Xbox Live. This downloaded successfully, but failed
    during installation with Status Code xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-C000-0099.

Researching this code revealed this is either a problem with my Xbox Live account or the update has detected my Xbox 360 has been modified or opened... except it has not... and MSFT Support also confirmed my account is "perfect".

I have tried the following:-

1) Formatted my hard drive

2) Cleared the system cache

3) Reset my network settings to factory defaults (I use a wired connection)

4) Went to System > Storage and press X LB RB X LB RB X to remove any previous updates

5) Installed the update via USB following https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/system-updates-info

... but the result is always the same.

I have 2 other 20GB hard drives from previously owned Xbox 360's that have long since died and repeated the above steps with those but with the same results.

So I now have a perfectly good Xbox 360 which cannot connect to Xbox Live and cannot retrieve cloud saved games info or any Xbox GOLD games. I can now only play offline the handful of physical Xbox 360 games that I have.

I know my Xbox is not opened or modified, and as the USB offline update also failed immediately with the same status code, this suggests the update is performing some hardware checks and is incorrectly determining my Xbox has been modified possibly because
    the hardware is so old (my Xbox doesn't even have an HDMI port!)

(Aside: I also visited https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/consolecheck to check if my console had been banned but I got the message "Unable to detect the state of this serial number at this time, please connect this device to Xbox LIVE"... which of
    course I cannot!! I also tried the serial number for my working Xbox 360S which was connect to Xbox LIVE but got the same message!)

Any ideas what else I can try or who at MSFT I can contact? Support have been quite good but ultimately I have reached a dead-end.

Thank you in advance for your help.

:)

captain_semtex, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Perfect Xbox 360 suddenly won't update: C000-0099 status error

1. Perfect Xbox 360 suddenly won't update: C000-0099 status error - Similar Threads - Perfect 360 suddenly

2. I cannot play Perfect dark zero because it ask for subscription renewals I already have

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play Perfect dark zero because it ask for subscription renewals I already have: I cannot play Perfect dark zero because it it access for Xbox Live Gold subscription which I already have and it diocese for EA access which I do not believe is it part of it it asks me to sign...
  3. My Xbox lags in online games, but my other electronics are perfectly fine.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox lags in online games, but my other electronics are perfectly fine.: My Xbox has been lagging horribly lately, and I think I know why, but I don’t know how to fix it. The reason why I think the xbox is lagging is because of that black screen glitch that happened a...
  4. I bought a Xbox Gift card before and it worked perfectly, now, it says it’s not from my region

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a Xbox Gift card before and it worked perfectly, now, it says it’s not from my region: What is this yo? (Mod Removed) c67f67c6-aa5b-40e4-a826-ea2f47ab2c64
  5. Network status perfect! But I can’t play Bo4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Network status perfect! But I can’t play Bo4: All my games except for black ops 4 work and load up fine. When I try to load up bo4 I am met with the message “sorry, looks like our service is working right. To check Xbox live service status,...
  6. Paid for Perfect Dark through paypal, but it wasnt added to my 360 Account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Paid for Perfect Dark through paypal, but it wasnt added to my 360 Account: Hey there, I just purchased Perfect Dark from my PC (Perfect Dark), but I believe the game was not credited to my account. I saw the sign, which states there are problems with payment/download,...
  7. Xbox live perfect in PC, but suspend in xbox 360 due a credit card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live perfect in PC, but suspend in xbox 360 due a credit card: Hello, Since last Wednesday, when I try to connect in Xbox live in xbox 360, I received a message: xbox live suspend. Please, access your account in PC and insert a valid credit card. I did it!...
  8. My Xbox 360 S Trinity Turns on perfectly but has no video/sound.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 S Trinity Turns on perfectly but has no video/sound.: I have tried many solutions google/xbox support has given me for this issue, non of them seem to work. I have an Xbox 360 S Trinity (Valhalla, Vejle) and was working last night, and when I went to...
  9. Xbox 360 compatible game Perfect Dark Zero Classics on disc not working on the Xbox One.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 compatible game Perfect Dark Zero Classics on disc not working on the Xbox One.: I have seen that Perfect Dark Zero is available as a compatible game for the Xbox One on disc, so I went out to purchase it however, when I inserted the disc and tried to install it, a message...
  10. CANT CONNECT TO XBOX LIVE FROM XBOX ONE, SUDDENLY! IT WAS WORKING PERFECT! NO PROBLEM WITH 360 ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    CANT CONNECT TO XBOX LIVE FROM XBOX ONE, SUDDENLY! IT WAS WORKING PERFECT! NO PROBLEM WITH 360 ...: I TRY ERVERYTHING, RESET ROUTER, RECONNECT TO THE WIFI, IT SAYS IN THE OPTIONS WEN I TRY THE CHEQ LAN STATUS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT AN I SEE EVERYTHING IS OK, YOU ARE CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET,...