Personal connection capping

Discus and support Personal connection capping in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I know this might sound crazy but is there a way of perhaps altering my connection to limit my lobby searchs? Im finding myself often put into french ,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FRA wappa69, Jan 14, 2020.

1. FRA wappa69
    FRA wappa69 Guest

I know this might sound crazy but is there a way of perhaps altering my connection to limit my lobby searchs? Im finding myself often put into french , german lobbys and very rarely ever an english lobby often leading to my connection or weapon draw time
    slowler. Thank you

:)

FRA wappa69, Jan 14, 2020
  2. FRA wappa69 Win User

Unfortunately as far as im aware COD doesn't allow me to narrow my search criterias.
  3. FRA wappa69 Win User

Well usually more often than not im playing Modern Warfare and as far as im aware there is no matchmaking filter in this release.

My connection is just under 500mbps and an upload of 31.69 or something. I have no packet loss, and latency of 36 . My NAT is open and im wired...but i still end up searching for about 30 seconds and end up in a foreign lobby. It doesnt make sense to me.
  4. Sagaroth Win User

Hi, DAR wappa69,

I fully understand your request, but unfortunately I do not think that is possible, because the lobbies are allocated according to their response time and the places available.

The only possibility would be to block the IP ranges of the countries in question directly on your FAI box, but that would cause a lot of other problems in parallel, I am not sure it would work in addition.
  5. xJCplDxSHESHO Win User

It only depends on the game in question, for example in battlefield you can search by region but in cod it depends on your region to search for games.
    In my case, just look in the North American region
  6. Kevenstu01 Win User

hi FRA wappa69

that would depend on the game you are playing, some game will allow you to filter your matchmaking

allowing you to chose parameters such as: language, region, connection quality, etc...

for this feature you would have to look for matchmaking settings in your games (forcing the servers to only put you in games that match your filters)

(doing so might increase the time it take to find a match)

as for matchmaking on Xbox live side (in the event that the game does not have custom filters)

(if i'm not mistaken)

the server will first look for: proximity to you and/or connection quality and/or language then will gradually expend its search until it find a ''suitable'' session to play on.
Thema:

1. Personal connection capping - Similar Threads - Personal connection capping

2. My Personal Xbox wont connect to the wifi.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Personal Xbox wont connect to the wifi.: - So My Personal Xbox wont connect to the WiFi, But everything else can connect fine like my (2 siblings Xbox in the same house) would this just be a weak signal of where i'm positioned or...
  3. Can't connect to a specific person

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to a specific person: Hi, I can join multi-player games but I can't join games with a specific person. She also can join multi-player games but can't join games with me. We can join a party with each other and talk....
  4. [Mod removed - Personal Information] Trouble with COD BO2 connecting to servers on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [Mod removed - Personal Information] Trouble with COD BO2 connecting to servers on Xbox 360: buenas tardes, tengo un problema en xbox 360, cuando intento jugar a call cod duty black op II, ha duelo por equipos, nunca empieza la partida, sale el jugador en modo observador y sale de la...
  5. "Unable to connect" to specific person in Minecraft on my Xbox.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Unable to connect" to specific person in Minecraft on my Xbox.: I've had the problem for a while. I cannot connect to my friend and he cannot connect to me. We can play fine if someone else is hosting the world, and can connect fine in literally every other...
  6. I've been connected to this person's Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've been connected to this person's Xbox account: So I bought my kids Minecraft for the Switch, went to download a something and it said create a Microsoft account. I did this. Went back on to the store - through the Switch, it then gave options...
  7. Xbox one S won’t connect to iPhone personal hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S won’t connect to iPhone personal hotspot: My Xbox one s was connecting to my iphone personal hotspot perfect fine for two days stright, then all go a sudden it decided to disconnect and now it wont connect. Its been like this for 3...
  8. Need to cancel Xbox Game Pass Subscription: MS Virtual Agent won't connect me to a live person

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Need to cancel Xbox Game Pass Subscription: MS Virtual Agent won't connect me to a live person: I am trying to cancel my game pass subscription. Not just turn off recurring billing, I already did that. I want to completely cancel the subscription. The only option for support is the...
  9. I keep connecting when the one person is in the same party

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep connecting when the one person is in the same party: I’m currently having a major problem with Xbox parties. Long story short, whenever I’m in a party, everything is fine but when one account in particular shows up, we both start connecting and...
  10. Xbox One does not connect to WiFi router WPA2 Personal TKIP-AES

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One does not connect to WiFi router WPA2 Personal TKIP-AES: Hi. I have just purchased a new Xbox One, and I'm struggling to make it connecting to my home WiFi network. The router is a Linksys WRT54GL, firmware 4.30.16, and WiFi security is set as WPA2...