Phone call disconnects xbox

Discus and support Phone call disconnects xbox in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi. Recently I have noticed a problem where an incoming phone call on a VoIP phone through the NBN, that is connected to the modem directly, will crash... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Fiona_L, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Fiona_L
    Fiona_L Guest

Hi. Recently I have noticed a problem where an incoming phone call on a VoIP phone through the NBN, that is connected to the modem directly, will crash the internet if my son is on the Xbox at the time of the call. The Xbox One S is connected via Wi-Fi.
    This does not happen if we are using the net for any other purpose such as watching Netflix on the TV or on our devices. It is only happening if he is on the xbox. It's not the phone, I bought a new one just in case and it is still happening. Is there a
    setting I should change? Could it be a bandwidth issue? Our nbn is very slow.

12-14Mbps (that's all I can get). If that's the case, is there a way to change the settings perhaps to have downloads schedule overnight or something. If there are any other reasons it could be happening what do you suggest I do?

:)

Fiona_L, Jan 13, 2021
  2. tracy653 Win User

xbox disconnecting if make/take phone call...

just checked this, and hotspot is switched off, thanks though, i do often have it on!
  3. denis97g Win User

Hi! is the xbox connected via ethernet? I don't think it's an xbox issue, rather something to do with your internet connection.
  4. onyxishere Win User

xbox live disconnecting during phone calls

Exactly as above. Also, if the xbox is disconnecting try getting a new filter and replace it as it may have failed.
  5. tracy653 Win User

Hi, its happened when I've used my mobile and my land line, I figured its all wifi nowadays (sorry, im not very techie!)
  6. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hello tracy653!

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support

Are you using wifi to make calls and is your son is using wifi to play Xbox Live?

Let us know!

Felix

Xbox forums support
Thema:

1. Phone call disconnects xbox - Similar Threads - Phone call disconnects

2. CyberPunk Refund- Phone call/Email no response

in XBoX Games and Apps
    CyberPunk Refund- Phone call/Email no response: Tried to refund cyberpunk prior to xbxo saying theyd refund everyone and was declined. Few days lter they sent me a message saying i could get a refund if i replied to the email declining my...
  3. Phone calls and Chats arent available for this issue - Everytime and Everyday

in XBoX on Consoles
    Phone calls and Chats arent available for this issue - Everytime and Everyday: I am a little confused about how to contact xbox support. No matter what issue I select, It appears that there is no possible way to contact xbox support. Here is what I see, and it does not...
  4. Phone calls during a multiplayer game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Phone calls during a multiplayer game: Hello, Just wanted to know if I'm playing a multiplayer game and take a call from my gaming headset, is it private or can the other players hear my call? Thanks...
  5. 2 and a half weeks and 4 support phone calls later, which claimed "I would have an answer...

in XBoX Accessibility
    2 and a half weeks and 4 support phone calls later, which claimed "I would have an answer...: I called over 2 and a half weeks ago about my account being locked. Every single time it forces me to go to the web and use a phone number to unlock it. If I want to play my Xbox any that day, I...
  6. Receiving phone calls

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Receiving phone calls: I have been receiving phone calls regarding my computer. The lady says she is call to inform me that my IP address and my email as been comprised. Keep in mind she is just a robot. She further...
  7. Why is it that MS or Xbox does not have a direct phone number to call?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it that MS or Xbox does not have a direct phone number to call?: The call back feature is good but you need to get through all the non sense bots and questions in order for you to reach the callback request. In AU/NZ, they have a direct phone support number to...
  8. What Happened to Being Able to Call Xbox/Microsoft by Phone and Now Request Call Back, Gone...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What Happened to Being Able to Call Xbox/Microsoft by Phone and Now Request Call Back, Gone...: I use to be able to call a 1-800 number and get an Xbox rep. in min. That was done away. Now I can't find request a call back to speak with a live rep. The only contact for Xbox/Microsoft is via...
  9. xbox disconnecting if make/take phone call...

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox disconnecting if make/take phone call...: Hi, If I answer/make a phonecall while my son is on xbox, it disconnects him/throws him out of game, is this an xbox setting issue or something else? ed42a334-9719-455d-a6b5-8f72335408d3
  10. Connection issues after troubleing phone call with microsoft rep

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection issues after troubleing phone call with microsoft rep: After purchasing gold card and game pass. I redeem the gold card on xbox 360. the live pass would not redeem until I went on my pc to do it. I called and was informed that xbox 360 dose not use...