Ping Issues

Discus and support Ping Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My ping on Gears 5 was consistently in the 12-25, now it goes up to the 70's even though I live in the EU and play on EU servers. Are there issues on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EpochJflash2, Sep 17, 2022.

1. EpochJflash2
    EpochJflash2 Guest

Ping Issues

My ping on Gears 5 was consistently in the 12-25, now it goes up to the 70's even though I live in the EU and play on EU servers. Are there issues on the servers? I ask because I have the best wifi from my provider and other games there are no issues. Any suggestions on the issue or is it on the Gears team and out of my hands?

:)

EpochJflash2, Sep 17, 2022
  2. Mister Beep Win User

Ping issues

Hey there,

The issues you're running into may come down to the your home network, or the connection between the network and the game servers your network is reaching out to. This can sometimes be eliminated completely using a wired connection to your Xbox One console.
    Could you try a wired connection via Ethernet do your modem and give it another shot? That's the most effective first step to try when addressing random lag spikes. If you would like to try additional steps before trying a wired connection, give these steps
    a shot:

• Press and hold the power button on your Xbox One until your console fully powers down.
    • While your Xbox One console is off, remove power from your router and modem and let it sit for 5 minutes.
    • After the 5 minutes are up, plug your network equipment back in and give it a few seconds to power on before turning your Xbox One back on.
    • Test to see if the results change.
    • If the issue continues, proceed with a wired connection to see if the connection is more reliable.

If the issue persists after a wired connection, post back and let us know!
  3. Francia J. Win User

Ping Issues

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

We need to isolate the issue further.

Are you on Xbox or PC?

Have you tried other online games?

Also, have you tried a different network connection just to test it out?
  4. José Caique Win User

Ping Issues

Your problem may be related to the fiber optic modem which has an estimated lifespan of 1 year. When did you change?
  5. Nursemorph Win User

Ping Issues

If the ping is only high on the servers of that one particular game, then it's on the server end by the sound of it. And, if that is the case, then I doubt there's anything you can do..you could try switching servers (if G5 allows it) I guess to see.
  6. NeRvEaGeNt 78 Win User

Latency/Ping issues.

Glad you got it sorted m8 if it comes back id tend to think you have something causing an intermittent issue in your wiring or equipment and its also possible something somewhere just wasnt quite connected properlly. But id stick to that problem solving
    routine if it goes wrong again as it often resolves most issues.
Thema:

Ping Issues

1. Ping Issues - Similar Threads - Ping Issues

2. Ping issues after getting a connection upgrade

in XboX Insiders
    Ping issues after getting a connection upgrade: I've had a couple connection issues as of lately in online play, my ping is higher than it used to even with an upgraded connection. I used to vary between 30-40 ping on my side of servers and...
  3. mortal kombat 11 xbox series x ping issue

in XboX Insiders
    mortal kombat 11 xbox series x ping issue: for the last few days i have been having trouble with ping on mortal kombat 11 (mk11) the thing is it’s not my internet when i join a friend on mk11 the ping will say 50 then when i’m in the game...
  4. Roblox ping issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox ping issues: [img] My ping in roblox is at a constant 300-800ms, every other game (outside of roblox) is okay. When I connect to my hotspot, the ping stays around 60-80ms. my download speed 70 Mbps and my...
  5. Online ping issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Online ping issues: Good evening, I wanted to ask for a help because I'm having ping issues when playing online. Few months ago I did a restart on my console, I don't remember where I went to do that but I picked...
  6. Sea of Thieves --- High Ping - Kill Ping issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Sea of Thieves --- High Ping - Kill Ping issue: Hello, I own and play sea of thieves for a couple of years now. I bought it from the Microsoft Store. Lately, I took a pause from the game, and now my friends and I wanted to get back into it....
  7. Microsoft can you please fix the series X/S WiFi lag and ping issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft can you please fix the series X/S WiFi lag and ping issues: Im tired of getting high ping when there is absolutly nothing wrong with my internet, ive reset mac address and restarted my internet and reset my xbox series x. There is no problem using wifi on...
  8. High ping issues on hunt showdown? All my other games work fine.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    High ping issues on hunt showdown? All my other games work fine.: High ping issues on hunt showdown? All my other games work fine. 497376b3-b13d-4004-a118-859ca955fc6d
  9. Halo MCC Dedicated Server Ping Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC Dedicated Server Ping Issue: I had replaced the stock router I got and ever since then I havent been able to play MCC on my own. Everytime I try to play multiplayer by myself it says my ping is too high even though it goes to...
  10. Ping Issues in Xbox Console Streaming

in XboX Insiders
    Ping Issues in Xbox Console Streaming: Hello there, I'm from Italy and I've tried to play with the new game console feature but it says I've high latency (more than 125) but if I perform a speedtest I've like 20ms ping or so. How could...