Plans on Changing the Xbox (beta ) app framework

Discus and support Plans on Changing the Xbox (beta ) app framework in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey guys, So i created this post just for extra visibility. I understand the benefits of using creating an electron app ( cross-platform, HTML ,... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/killercrit, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Plans on Changing the Xbox (beta ) app framework

Hey guys,

So i created this post just for extra visibility. I understand the benefits of using creating an electron app ( cross-platform, HTML , Javascript technologies, Easy deployments). But there is a big problem with these style apps, or apps that use html rendering and web assembly hooks. They use too much memory and or cpu cycles to do anything. the Xbox ( beta ) app on Pc has to be made using native windows technologies ( heck UWP offers a better resource footprint). Applications like steam and GOG use native frameworks and offer good performance. I simply will not run an electron app on my pc while i am playing games. the memory usage of the app is just ridiculous. Why release a social App that consumes this much memory is beyond me. On my current environment the xbox beta app uses 1.5GB of RAM on startup, ( minimize or sent to the background the app uses 345 MB). Compare to GOG which uses 185MB on the foreground and 25 MB on the background. As a user that wants to see more usage of this until the memory and cpu footprint is brought down to comparable app levels i simply refuse to use your offering.

Also can we please have some consildation of the apps ( i know someone else brought it up on a different thread, and i am sure your team has heard from people about this), but Microsoft you have too many options all using the xbox name. Please roll it all into one app. we currently do not even know which app to use for features. If i am game streaming locally ( already enabled 4 years ago) I have to use the renamed Xbox Console Companion ( formerly xbox App) . If I am pc playing games on Xbox game pass i have to launch Xbox ( beta) app or use the Microsoft store to download the game. If we insiders are confused I bet money that the average person has looked at this and just walked away.

submitted by /u/killercrit
    [link] [comments]

/u/killercrit, Sep 29, 2019
  2. Burst Axe Win User

Private beta forum?

Beta Forum for what? Are they planning to change this one again?
  3. Milady Curtsey Win User

Xbox app can’t view or send messages

It’s just the ‘xbox’ app not game pass or beta app .Used to be smartglass before they changed it to xbox
  4. matthewiag Win User

Xbox Companion App Changed?

I don't think they changed anything within the app. I think it was just a name change so it did not cause any issues with the new Xbox Beta App.
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

Xbox Enforcement

6. CyaanGhoost Win User

Screenshots size changed automatically

Hi, I tried on Xbox Beta, and I restarted a lot of time my normal app, but nothing changed...
Thema:

Plans on Changing the Xbox (beta ) app framework

1. Plans on Changing the Xbox (beta ) app framework - Similar Threads - Plans Changing beta

2. Furious against Microsoft planning xbox live crash for making cash against their customers

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Furious against Microsoft planning xbox live crash for making cash against their customers: Hello! I am so angry because they put a free weekend for Hunt:Showdown and I couldnt enjoy it anymore. It has taken me 1 and a half weekend to download for only a 45 min play. Once I wanted to...
  3. Are there any plans for overhauling the Upload Studio?

in XboX Insiders
    Are there any plans for overhauling the Upload Studio?: Hello Insider Team, I'm wondering if the Upload Studio is going to get an overhaul or rework sometime? I've been having a lot of issues recently and the studio feels a little underwhelming,...
  4. Does anybody know if error 0x80bd0009 ever plans to get fixed

in XboX Insiders
    Does anybody know if error 0x80bd0009 ever plans to get fixed: This error completely ruins the joy of buying a 5.1 and surround system because at 4K resolution it refuses to allow you to change audio output format. Any help on this please. submitted by...
  5. Insider team, are there any plans for an Insider Hub for mobile?

in XboX Insiders
    Insider team, are there any plans for an Insider Hub for mobile?: Just curious... submitted by /u/MisterCreepzTTV [link] [comments]
  6. Are there plans to have access to the Game Pass App from Windows 10 PC ?

in XboX Insiders
    Are there plans to have access to the Game Pass App from Windows 10 PC ?: Currently we can only access through the app for Android and iOS or the Xbox app itself but not through the xbox app of Windows 10 . Thanks. submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  7. Are there any plans to add a black theme?

in XboX Insiders
    Are there any plans to add a black theme?: submitted by /u/MirusXCI [link] [comments]
  8. Does changing Subscription plan allow the rest of the old plan to continue before new plan?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Does changing Subscription plan allow the rest of the old plan to continue before new plan?: Hey, I'm currently going to be changing my Xbox Live Gold plan from $30.00 for 3 months to the $80.00 for a year plan, and my mum wants to know if the old plan (3 months) will continue before...
  9. Are there any plans to change the outfits or entrances of certain wrestlers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are there any plans to change the outfits or entrances of certain wrestlers?: IE Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins,seeing that they are not with the shield any longer.. Love the game but it's the little things like that which annoy me! 60c746d0-86dc-449c-a1a4-8f0f25274201
  10. How can I change my subscription plan back to the Annual Renewal?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I change my subscription plan back to the Annual Renewal?: I had a controller replaced via warranty repair a few months ago, the support agent at the time gave me a code to apply to my XBL account for a free month which would be tacked onto the end of my...