Play & charge kit and battery symbol/notification displaying inaccurate readings? Read ...

Discus and support Play & charge kit and battery symbol/notification displaying inaccurate readings? Read ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Copied from my post on reddit to help people and hopefully get this fixed.. Last time I posted this a few people had the same problem and I could... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Saxolol-7EEEB2DE-E75D-4491-9891-2DD717AB7590, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Play & charge kit and battery symbol/notification displaying inaccurate readings? Read ...

Copied from my post on reddit to help people and hopefully get this fixed..

Last time I posted this a few people had the same problem and I could never figure out why. About a week ago I changed my setting to energy saving mode and it stopped doing it and displayed accurate readings. I never really thought anything of it and assumed
    that it just got fixed as I have reported it multiple times.

Yesterday I switched back to instant on and the problem started again. So my solution is to go to energy saving mode and it stops it for me.

I turn my xbox on by pressing the xbox button on controller rather than "xbox on" or pressing the button on console, not sure if that has anything to do with it but if you have been having the same problem as me it's worth a try switching to energy saving.

TL;DR: If you fully charge your battery and the notification comes up shortly after playing, switch your console into energy saving mode rather than Instant on.

:)

Saxolol-7EEEB2DE-E75D-4491-9891-2DD717AB7590, Sep 1, 2014
  2. XBF Crystal P, Sep 1, 2014
  3. FairyTact
    FairyTact Guest
    FairyTact, Sep 1, 2014
  4. Shadowskill08 Win User

Xbox 360 charger

Is your console turned on? Are you able to see if the battery symbol shows it is charging?

These charging kits, unfortunately, do not last forever. Here is the play and charge support page which has more troubleshooting options. It does say Xbox One, but the kits work the same on the 360.

Play and Charge Kit Support

Hope this helps!
  5. Galactic Geek Win User

The Kinect & the Controller

I can't confirm it, but I remember reading somewhere that the cord that comes with the play & charge kit won't actually charge the batteries in your controller - it will only allow you to use the controller while your batteries charge in the kit. If true,
    I find this quite disappointing...
  6. MaximumExtreme Win User

Controller problems

The cable from the play and charge kit will not charge regular Alkaline batteries. So you will need to replace the batteries when they are depleted. The battery pack from the play and charge kit is a rechargeable battery pack that can be charged when it
    is depleted and there is no need to replace it
  7. Saxolol-7EEEB2DE-E75 Win User

Xbox One Play and Charge and other battery related issues

I guess we have a different problem then, my battery notification pops up but my controller doesn't disconnect. It's just the display thats inaccurate for me.. Sorry I couldn't fix your problem. Sounds like maybe a bad battery you have.
  8. MisterSwitch Win User

Unboxing Xbox One

Thema:

Play & charge kit and battery symbol/notification displaying inaccurate readings? Read ...

1. Play & charge kit and battery symbol/notification displaying inaccurate readings? Read ... - Similar Threads - Play charge kit

2. How do I charge the Play and charge kit for Xbox series X controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I charge the Play and charge kit for Xbox series X controller.: I have the official Microsoft battery pack for the xbox one and I want to know how will I charge it for the xbox series x controller because that uses USB - C and the charging cable is Micro USB....
  3. Xbox One Play and Charge Kit Battery

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Play and Charge Kit Battery: Hello, I'm trying to look for what the warranty is on the battery, I bought this from Amazon on May 5th. I do not use the controller actively everyday, but I do leave it charging through my PC....
  4. My Play and Charge Kit stoped showing me if the controller is charging or not. Neither...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Play and Charge Kit stoped showing me if the controller is charging or not. Neither...: I played almost every day for the past 60 days. only charged the battery maybe 6 or 7 times. It lasts for about a whole week. the only problem I have is not knowing when it is fully charged. I...
  5. Play charge kit S / N

in XBoX on Consoles
    Play charge kit S / N: Hi fam! When i put in s/n of my play charge kit to add it as device i get no result. Why is that? I bought it from an authorised seller. ac11e90a-0ea1-42b8-ba67-36e1d4154eb6
  6. Xbox one X Play and charge kit

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one X Play and charge kit: I have purchased a new Play and charge kit for my controller from the Microsoft website and 1 month later it already stopped charging. The led turns white and it says its fully charged but if i...
  7. Play charge kit

in XBoX on Consoles
    Play charge kit: Hi folks, What is the difference between green and white box play charge kit? Kind of version difference or sth.? 359ae44e-403b-4247-a043-2399996d7df2
  8. Faulty Microsoft Play and Charge Kits, Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Faulty Microsoft Play and Charge Kits, Xbox One: Bought three of these at the start of March. None of them now work. They're basically expensive ways to convert wireless controllers into wired controllers. Even my wireless hoover lasted...
  9. Xbox One S Controller doesn't charge (Play and charge kit)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Controller doesn't charge (Play and charge kit): Hi there! Basically when I try to charge my Xbox One S controller (Play and charge original kit) it doesn't charge at all. If I use the original Xbox One cable the charging led is orange just...
  10. Play and Charge Kit on PC with XBOX ONE wireless controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Play and Charge Kit on PC with XBOX ONE wireless controller: I purchased and Xbox One controller (Microsoft Brand), and I love it. It works wireless with AA batteries. I decided to get this Play and Charge kit (Microsoft brand) instead of rechargeable AA...