Player 2 controller problem

Discus and support Player 2 controller problem in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When playing split screen, player 2 cannot look around with the right thumb "joystick" control. It happens with all controllers and only on player 2.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DaddyD3000, Jan 24, 2014.

1. DaddyD3000
    DaddyD3000 Guest

When playing split screen, player 2 cannot look around with the right thumb "joystick" control. It happens with all controllers and only on player 2. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix?

:)

DaddyD3000, Jan 24, 2014
  2. Xbox 360 Controller for Windows not reassigning on Xbox 360

I have connected 2, Wired Xbox 360 Controller for Windows to my Xbox 360 S. They are both stuck in player 1 config. While those 2 wired controllers remain connected, I connect my Wireless controller to the 360. it positions itself to player 2 perfectly. Is
    there some work around to this annoying problem? I am unable to play Blur 4 player because of this problem.

Thanks in Advance,

Skiddy

SkiddyRex78952, Jan 24, 2014
  3. Right stick not working but it is... help me plz Player 2 controller problem :(

Update: I've narrowed it down to being a problem with the second connected controller. I tried skyrim twice with each controller (first connected controller) in separate sessions (power cycled and everything) and both times no problem with the controller.
    In minecraft (separate sessions, power cycled) the problem each time - alternating controllers - and each time the issue was with the second connected controller. tried other 2+ player games and had the same issues I am having with minecraft. Please help!
    Player 2 controller problem :(

winecraft-83C85889-9DD6-4B39-9CF6-3E144A786458, Jan 24, 2014
  4. Player 2 controller problem

Problem is usually because the options on sensitivity etc are off. Try pressing the reset to defaults tab.

D MASTERPIECE, Jan 24, 2014
  5. D MASTERPIECE Win User

Problem is usually because the options on sensitivity etc are off. Try pressing the reset to defaults tab.
  6. FarzanHafiz Win User

Xbox Wired Controllers, always auto assign as same player number.

I never faced that problem. Diconnect the wired controllers first. Now if you want the wired ones to be Player 3 and Player 4, just the the 2 wireless ones first so that they are assigned Player 1 and Player 2. So the next controllers you connect will have
    to be Player3 and Player 4. This way you can adjust the Player number you want to each controller. Hope this helps :)
  7. PTAlves Win User

Problem Connecting my 2 wired controls

Yeah, i have 2 wireless controls and connect fine if i put 2 wired and 2 wireless connect togheter, the wired connect to player 1 and wireless connect to player 2 and the other to player 3. The problems is only in the wired conttrols, they connect both
    to player 1.
  8. bigjuju88 Win User

wired xbox 360 controllers

Guess what?! I've got the same problem!

I just gave my kids an XBOX 360 S R2D2 console for Christmas. I bought it used with 1 wireless controller and bought 3 brand new wired controllers. When I plug in 2 or more wired controllers they all default to Player 1. The wireless will show up as Player

I sure would like to be able to play with more than 2 players.

Microsoft - please don't make my children cry!
  9. Bloom88 Win User

Multiplayer Issue - Bankshot Billiards 2

Thanks for your assistance on this problem.

With a slight modification to your instructions I was able to get two players configured using these steps:

1.) On the Dashboard > Have each player use a different controller to sign into their own account

2.) Person using controller 1 - Launch Bankshot Billiards 2

3.) Person using controller 1 - Select Local Multiplayer

4.) Person using controller 2 - Select the game you want to play from the menu then press the Start button on controller

5.) A screen will appear prompting for additional users to join the game

6.) Person using controller 2 - Highlight the account that has not been added to the game yet and press Start button

7.) A player setup screen will appear to configure preferences - each player selects "A" to place there status into "Waiting" mode. When the 2nd player makes preference changes and selects "A" the game starts with two players configured.
Thema:

1. Player 2 controller problem - Similar Threads - Player controller problem

2. Can keyboard and mouse play as player 2? (and player one use controller instead)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can keyboard and mouse play as player 2? (and player one use controller instead): I want to play minecraft split screen but the world is made on player 1’s account and player two can’t play on keyboard and mouse or else the keyboard will control player. TL;DR THE KEYBOARD...
  3. How to edit which Player a Xbox controller is? Windows 10 Home, wired controller,

in XBoX on Windows
    How to edit which Player a Xbox controller is? Windows 10 Home, wired controller,: I have a wired xbox controller that automatically moves from Player 1 to Player 2 mid-game. Any idea how to get the controller to be recognized as Player 1 or Controller 1 without a reboot? I am...
  4. Can't change 360 controller to player 1 on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't change 360 controller to player 1 on Windows 10: Split from this thread. I've got the same problem, but I would also like to be able to change the player of a controller in the control panel or something. This would be convenient for plenty of...
  5. Why does my controller keep switching players?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my controller keep switching players?: I have an Afterglow Xbox 360 wired controller on Windows 10. Every once in a while, it decides to switch to player 4. I've tried unplugging, removing it through Device Manager and nothing works...
  6. My xbox controller keeps switching to player 2 in the middle of the game and doesn't change ...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox controller keeps switching to player 2 in the middle of the game and doesn't change ...: I bought a new Xbox 360 controller to play games on my PC (windows 7). When I play certain games (in my case GTA V) my controller loses its connection for a split second and when it gets a...
  7. I am having trouble adding a second player controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am having trouble adding a second player controller: Normally I can I add a second player by pressing the menu button but instead the screen just gets dark and prompts me to press the menu button again. 98de887c-69ca-4367-929d-a5421e405e8d
  8. Minecaft split screen, other players controllers control first player screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecaft split screen, other players controllers control first player screen.: When additional players join the game in split screen their controllers control the first player screen, with the exception of RT which still works on their own screen. Any ideas?...
  9. Xbox One Controller problem (Im a Brazillian Player, sorry for bad English)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Controller problem (Im a Brazillian Player, sorry for bad English): My Xbox One Controller is having problems. First, it did not turn on, or change batteries, or connected to USB, the other day, the analogue was locked in the menu, always going down, it happened...
  10. Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Stuck on player 4 NOT PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Stuck on player 4 NOT PC: Hello, One of our XBOX 360 wireless controllers is stuck on player 4. We ARE NOT using it on a PC only on the XBOX console. I have replaced the battery pack and also put in regular batteries....