Player is threatening to "Dox" me

Discus and support Player is threatening to "Dox" me in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I just got onto my xbox to play some Warframe and noticed a message request. I have no idea who this person is, I didn't play with them at all ever,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DampedMouse1602, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Player is threatening to "Dox" me

So I just got onto my xbox to play some Warframe and noticed a message request. I have no idea who this person is, I didn't play with them at all ever, and claim they found me through some spanish group and that the group was going to dox me?

How do I protect my account? I have no idea if he's trolling or not, but I take the threat seriously. I have put a lot of money into my account over the years and a lot more time. How can I ensure they aren't able to dox me?

EDIT: I had screenshot proof but they got removed..?

[mod removed]

:)

DampedMouse1602, Dec 4, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? Hope you're well. My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. If you don't know the person and don't want to chat with them, I suggest that you block them from receiving more messages from this profile. The best way to protect your account is to use Microsoft's authenticator and also better passwords.

Learn how to use the Microsoft Authenticator using the instructions in the article below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

*Thank you in advance for contacting the community, I hope this can help you. Let me know if you have more questions, please.
  3. Smwutches Win User

player threatening me

Support does not fully understand how the forums work and typically sends people here with the wrong advice. Calling out other gamers is against forum rules and the enforcement team don't take complaints via the forum.
  4. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

player threatening me

Didn't someone just get done telling you not to post someone else's tag?
  5. s3xys1ren Win User

player threatening me

Oh ok I understand thank you for clearing that up for me I'll take the proper precations then I'm sorry if I offeneded anyone
  6. Daft Badger Win User

A player threatens me

Calling out gamertags is not allowed on the forums,nor is bumping old threads.

Block comms, avoid & report them via your console.The chances of your account being hacked are extremely small
Thema:

1. Player is threatening to "Dox" me - Similar Threads - Player threatening Dox

2. Just a few hours ago, once again a player threatened me with my ip address

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just a few hours ago, once again a player threatened me with my ip address: This isn't the first time that someone has gotten too heated in a game and tries to act like they have power by telling me my ip address and saying my location which they never get it right of...
  3. Player Threatened and is Cyberbullying

in XBoX on Consoles
    Player Threatened and is Cyberbullying: I just got finished playing a couple games of Call of Duty Modern Warfare having fun Trash Talking didn't say anything wrong and came across a player that just Threatened to ban my Ip with no...
  4. Being Threatened & Harassed By an Xbox Live Player

in XBoX on Consoles
    Being Threatened & Harassed By an Xbox Live Player: Gamertag: I don't know if I am in the Right area Hi I am chatting with this Random Player over a Match and He is getting completely Offensive in Chat. He is sitting here Stalking My personal...
  5. (Mod Removed) threatens to ban players.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (Mod Removed) threatens to ban players.: Just wanted to spread the word about a player going by the gamertag, (Mod Removed), he is going around threatening to ban players if they win a game against him, this happened to me when i won a...
  6. Players threatening to abuse report system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Players threatening to abuse report system: [img] Threatened with this crap for winning in dead by daylight, worried about my accounts eca7ad55-cf54-49b9-a598-260303788419
  7. Why are Microsoft threatening xbox players with enforcement team for asking for a refund??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are Microsoft threatening xbox players with enforcement team for asking for a refund??: i purchased content yet again on xbox store and Microsoft took my money but i recieved no content i contacted support they told me to contact the developer they told me to contact Microsoft...
  8. Player threatens to console ban me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Player threatens to console ban me: gamer [Mod Removed] harassed me in grand theft auto online and he threatened if during the heist I go into my personal vehicle and not his, he will console ban me 714c0891-80ba-4a8b-94e8-2839596d6ebb
  9. Player sent me a message threatening my account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Player sent me a message threatening my account.: I was chasing a guy on GTAV and he was in an Insurgent and obviously I wanted to blow it up. I blew it up and then I killed him again. He then sent me a message telling me to stop or he do...
  10. how do I report a player for sending me a threatening voice message?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do I report a player for sending me a threatening voice message?: His xbox live gamertag is "UWS HELLHOUND 6" He messaged me threatening to tamper with my IP Address. Although I did file a report through xbox live menu, is there any other ways to contact...