Playing a dvd in xboxone and audio quit. Tv audio works fine. Changed hdmi cable and...

Discus and support Playing a dvd in xboxone and audio quit. Tv audio works fine. Changed hdmi cable and... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was playing a dvd with the xboxone which is connected to my t v by an hdmi cable- no cable or sat tv. The audio quit. I changed the hdmi cable to see... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AnneHughes4, Feb 14, 2020.

1. AnneHughes4
    AnneHughes4 Guest

Playing a dvd in xboxone and audio quit. Tv audio works fine. Changed hdmi cable and...

I was playing a dvd with the xboxone which is connected to my t v by an hdmi cable- no cable or sat tv. The audio quit. I changed the hdmi cable to see if that was it and still no audio. The tv audio is fine when i use it without the xbox.

:)

AnneHughes4, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Mythic Sandman Win User

Playing a dvd in xboxone and audio quit. Tv audio works fine. Changed hdmi cable and still no audio on xboxone.

I can only think of a power cycle of the console might fix this. Hold power down for 10 seconds while the console shuts off. Then unplug power from outlet and wait 5 minutes. Then reboot.
  3. Reizaal Abdul Aziz Win User

No Audio when playing DVD and using HDMI cable to connect console to TV

i was just trying for the first time to play dvd through the xbox360 after a year using the same tv and hdmi cable.. (2 hdmi ports on tv, bought 2 thicker hdmi cables, individual connection for console and satellite box)..

as for the dvd playback with no audio, setting the xbox360 display discovery to "enable" now fix the audio.

had different problem with the laptop running win7 (using hdmi cable from satellite box to the tv). first time ever time audio transfer well to the tv and the laptop automatically muted.. then after that had to fiddle with the laptop setting every time,
    had to disable the laptop speaker device before the tv takes over.

was never a problem with the tv or hdmi cables. was working well playing games, watching satellite tv or using the setup with different tvs..
  4. smw007 Win User

Xbox Films & TV (Xbox 360 and Xbox One)

I tested a DVD in my Xbox 360 and I was able to reproduce the audio-drop problem. I never had DVD playback problems before I relocated my Xbox 360 to this new HTMI cable :-(

This was odd since I used this HTMI cable to connect my PS3 to the television and I didn't remember any issues.

So I unplugged my XBox 360 and plugged in my PS3 and tried playing the same DVD.

In the PS3 the DVD played fine and there was no audio drop. Also tested playing a blu-ray disc .... no problem

Tested a PS3 game .... no problem.

So is there a compatability issue with XBox 360 and some HTMI cables. Is there a specific specification of cable that is require to play 'Movies & TV' without audio skip ? Or is there specific setting on the XBox 360 and the TV that I need to set in order
    to make things work ? My TV is a Sony Bravia.

Summary (using same htmi cable):

XBox 360 - playing games - FINE (no problems)

XBox 360 - playing DVD - BAD audio-drop problem

XBox 360 - playing 'Movies & TV' - BAD audio-drop problem

PS3 - playing 'Movies & TV' - FINE (no problems)

PS3 - playing DVD - FINE (no problems)

PS3 - playing games - FINE (no problems)
  5. Dustin_2007 Win User

Cannot Set HDMI Audio to 5.1 or 7.1, Error 0x80bd0009

Change the TV connection to hdmi, then hdmi audio change to bitstream, then go back to TV connection and change to auto detect. This got dts out, now all my devices have surround sound as the TV sends audio out a optical cable.
  6. FelipeAF Win User

Green Screen on OneGuide

I'm with the same problem. For me, when i plug the hdmi input from my xbox on my cable TV set-top, the tv works, but in a green image (i can see the image in different green tones, audio works).

But plug my cable TV set-top directly to tv (same cable, same hdmi port), it works fine, i don't have this issue.

If i plug my computer instead tv on xbox hdmi input, (same cable), works fine too!

So, my hdmi cable seems works fine, my cable tv set-top seems works fine, my hdmi cable seems works fine, the hdmi input port from xbox seems works fine, but this specific configuration, de cable tv device plugged on xbox, does not work!!!
Thema:

1. Playing a dvd in xboxone and audio quit. Tv audio works fine. Changed hdmi cable and... - Similar Threads - Playing dvd xboxone

2. Is it possible to play online with Xbox One X with DVD?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to play online with Xbox One X with DVD?: Hello, I intend to buy a Xbox One X and I have heard/read that it supports discs too, so that the games could be either run with it or installed from it to the console. And I also want to...
  3. Playing a DVD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing a DVD: I live in a rural area and having issues with internet connectivity. I'm trying to play a DVD and it says I need a connection. How do I bypass the issue? 672e0f20-c6a0-4a3f-a7ef-97d91e6724b2
  4. How can I play a DVD and or Bluray on Xbox One S without an internet connection?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I play a DVD and or Bluray on Xbox One S without an internet connection?: How can I play a DVD and or Bluray on Xbox One S without an internet connection? If I cannot play DVDs and Bluray discs without an internet connection, I will be returning the system. Thanks....
  5. Playing a dvd (well, trying to)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing a dvd (well, trying to): Hey, i know Playing a DVD is literally the most Simple thing an xbox is SUPPOSED to be able to do, and its 2019 and for whatever reason an xbox just absolutely refuses to play a DVD. Maybe instead...
  6. How do i play DVD-R discs? Error message

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i play DVD-R discs? Error message: I have the xbox one x. I downloaded a video from youtube and burned it to a dvd-r disc using a free dvd burner program. It was a mp4 file but i dont know what type of file it ended up being after...
  7. Can't Play Physical Games or DVD's Offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Play Physical Games or DVD's Offline: I turned on my xbox one a couple of minutes ago and it said I wasn't connected to xbox live. No big deal, xbox live is down I'll play a disc based game offline. Every game I tried launched but sat...
  8. blue ray / dvd doesn't play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    blue ray / dvd doesn't play: hello, I bought a new xbox one x a few weeks ago and my blue ray app doesn't work really good. sometimes it works but most of the time when I put the cd into the slot and starte the app, only the...
  9. Xbox One does not recognize my 3D tv when I try to play old 360 3D game, but will play DVD...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One does not recognize my 3D tv when I try to play old 360 3D game, but will play DVD...: My Xbox 360 died, so I bought a new Xbox One. It plays the old 360 games in normal mode, but when I try to switch on the 3D mode, it says it has detected that my tv is NOT a 3D tv, and will not...
  10. my xboxone doesn't play my dvd's anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xboxone doesn't play my dvd's anymore: since a few days it takes ages to get a dvd playing before that it all worked well my game discs no problem only regular dvd how can i fix this greetzzzzzzzzz ee1783be-acc4-492e-b8e2-8572d9a92a61