Playing a dvd in xboxone and audio quit. Tv audio works fine. Changed hdmi cable and...

Discus and support Playing a dvd in xboxone and audio quit. Tv audio works fine. Changed hdmi cable and... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was playing a dvd with the xboxone which is connected to my t v by an hdmi cable- no cable or sat tv. The audio quit. I changed the hdmi cable to see... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AnneHughes4, Feb 14, 2020.

1. AnneHughes4
    AnneHughes4 Guest

Playing a dvd in xboxone and audio quit. Tv audio works fine. Changed hdmi cable and...

I was playing a dvd with the xboxone which is connected to my t v by an hdmi cable- no cable or sat tv. The audio quit. I changed the hdmi cable to see if that was it and still no audio. The tv audio is fine when i use it without the xbox.

:)

AnneHughes4, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Mythic Sandman Win User

Playing a dvd in xboxone and audio quit. Tv audio works fine. Changed hdmi cable and still no audio on xboxone.

I can only think of a power cycle of the console might fix this. Hold power down for 10 seconds while the console shuts off. Then unplug power from outlet and wait 5 minutes. Then reboot.
  3. Reizaal Abdul Aziz Win User

No Audio when playing DVD and using HDMI cable to connect console to TV

i was just trying for the first time to play dvd through the xbox360 after a year using the same tv and hdmi cable.. (2 hdmi ports on tv, bought 2 thicker hdmi cables, individual connection for console and satellite box)..

as for the dvd playback with no audio, setting the xbox360 display discovery to "enable" now fix the audio.

had different problem with the laptop running win7 (using hdmi cable from satellite box to the tv). first time ever time audio transfer well to the tv and the laptop automatically muted.. then after that had to fiddle with the laptop setting every time,
    had to disable the laptop speaker device before the tv takes over.

was never a problem with the tv or hdmi cables. was working well playing games, watching satellite tv or using the setup with different tvs..
  4. smw007 Win User

Xbox Films & TV (Xbox 360 and Xbox One)

I tested a DVD in my Xbox 360 and I was able to reproduce the audio-drop problem. I never had DVD playback problems before I relocated my Xbox 360 to this new HTMI cable :-(

This was odd since I used this HTMI cable to connect my PS3 to the television and I didn't remember any issues.

So I unplugged my XBox 360 and plugged in my PS3 and tried playing the same DVD.

In the PS3 the DVD played fine and there was no audio drop. Also tested playing a blu-ray disc .... no problem

Tested a PS3 game .... no problem.

So is there a compatability issue with XBox 360 and some HTMI cables. Is there a specific specification of cable that is require to play 'Movies & TV' without audio skip ? Or is there specific setting on the XBox 360 and the TV that I need to set in order
    to make things work ? My TV is a Sony Bravia.

Summary (using same htmi cable):

XBox 360 - playing games - FINE (no problems)

XBox 360 - playing DVD - BAD audio-drop problem

XBox 360 - playing 'Movies & TV' - BAD audio-drop problem

PS3 - playing 'Movies & TV' - FINE (no problems)

PS3 - playing DVD - FINE (no problems)

PS3 - playing games - FINE (no problems)
  5. Dustin_2007 Win User

Cannot Set HDMI Audio to 5.1 or 7.1, Error 0x80bd0009

Change the TV connection to hdmi, then hdmi audio change to bitstream, then go back to TV connection and change to auto detect. This got dts out, now all my devices have surround sound as the TV sends audio out a optical cable.
  6. FelipeAF Win User

Green Screen on OneGuide

I'm with the same problem. For me, when i plug the hdmi input from my xbox on my cable TV set-top, the tv works, but in a green image (i can see the image in different green tones, audio works).

But plug my cable TV set-top directly to tv (same cable, same hdmi port), it works fine, i don't have this issue.

If i plug my computer instead tv on xbox hdmi input, (same cable), works fine too!

So, my hdmi cable seems works fine, my cable tv set-top seems works fine, my hdmi cable seems works fine, the hdmi input port from xbox seems works fine, but this specific configuration, de cable tv device plugged on xbox, does not work!!!
Thema:

1. Playing a dvd in xboxone and audio quit. Tv audio works fine. Changed hdmi cable and... - Similar Threads - Playing dvd xboxone

2. DVD play issue on xbox one S

in XBoX Accessibility
    DVD play issue on xbox one S: Hi, Wondered if anyone could help. My Xbox One S will no longer play DVD's, accept disney DVD's for some reason. I have tried multiple discs. It is fine playing blu rays and 4k discs. I have...
  3. Xbox one won't play specific dvd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't play specific dvd: I tried to play a dvd on my xbox one but it didnt register in the blue ray player app. I tried another dvd in the xbox and it worked fine. I also tried the first disk in my computer and it worked...
  4. Xbox One Will not Play DVD's

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Will not Play DVD's: I believe after opting into the insider program, my Xbox One stopped playing DVDs though it will play blu-ray's and Xbxo one/360 disc games. I did reset the console without deleting games and it...
  5. Xbox Series X - DVD No sound when playing disk

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X - DVD No sound when playing disk: Just tried a DVD in my XSX to test the drive, the film played perfectly but there was no audio Is this a know issue or have I missed a setting somewhere? DVD = Life of Brian submitted by...
  6. Xbox One S unable to play bluray/dvd after nov 5 xbox software update! - Black Screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S unable to play bluray/dvd after nov 5 xbox software update! - Black Screen: Hi everyone I need some help please, I did the latest xbox software on my Xbox One S last week Sunday, now I there is a black screen when I play movies bluray/dvd. I can still play games. How do I...
  7. XBOX ONE X WON'T PLAY DVD (NEW FIX SEPT 2020)

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE X WON'T PLAY DVD (NEW FIX SEPT 2020): My Xbox one X would not play ANY dvd I tried after the latest update and would only display a black screen with no sound when I opened up the bluray app. I could not find a fix that worked online...
  8. Xbox one S not playing DVD-R

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S not playing DVD-R: I want to put some family videos on a blank DVD-R and I read online somewhere that the xbox one plays burned DVD-R but for some reason i keep getting the error code: 0x80820002. What am I doing...
  9. Why my blue ray DVD player on Xbox one won't play with out internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my blue ray DVD player on Xbox one won't play with out internet: Why is my Xbox one won't play my blue ray DVD player on Xbox one game system with out the internet f18ad27e-17cf-4ee1-8807-8968277237b0
  10. my xboxone doesn't play my dvd's anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xboxone doesn't play my dvd's anymore: since a few days it takes ages to get a dvd playing before that it all worked well my game discs no problem only regular dvd how can i fix this greetzzzzzzzzz ee1783be-acc4-492e-b8e2-8572d9a92a61