Playing co op between Xbox one & Xbox one x problems

Discus and support Playing co op between Xbox one & Xbox one x problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Late to the upgrade party, but two weeks ago i got an xbox one x. My brother and i started gears 5 campaign while still had the original xbox one.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WarningRabbit95, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Playing co op between Xbox one & Xbox one x problems

Late to the upgrade party, but two weeks ago i got an xbox one x.

My brother and i started gears 5 campaign while still had the original xbox one.

went to play campaign the other day and whenever i tried to join his game i got an error msg saying the server timed out.

(hes still on his original xbox one.)

didnt matter if i joined invites, in game or off profile. Nothing worked, it all got the same error msg.

is this a common known thing?

does anyone have any suggestions?

:)

WarningRabbit95, Oct 25, 2019
  2. MorganCurtis Win User

It shouldn't matter between two generation's of console, i played with a friend who's currently on the xbox S and there were no issues. As a reccomendation i'd say for you to host instead of joining him, it could be a network error or something in the game
    needs patching.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

There have been Server issues with Gears 5 recently (as
    outlined on their Twitter
    ).

So it might have been an issue on their end.

As for me, I could play perfectly fine on my Xbox One X and a friend playing on his original Xbox One, and his friend playing on a Xbox One S.
  4. WarningRabbit95 Win User

If it helps to know...i dont have any issues joining public multiplayer games. Infact theirs no issues apart from the one i mentioned in my post.
  5. darkist1 Win User

Hey WarningRabbit,

It shouldnt be a problem, I have the Xbox One X and my fiance has my old Xbox One OG, both launch day consoles. You shouldnt have a problem connecting to the games though. Is both your NAT types open?
  6. skylaar Win User

I have an X and my kids have the S versions. We don't have any issues at all playing games together. While we have not tried Gears 5, games like Overwatch, Destiny, Dauntless, etc. have no issues.

I did read a reddit post where a player could not play the campaign with another system in the same house. Other modes worked fine and in the end it was a nat issue on one of the Xbox systems. Hopefully after checking your brothers it will be resolved.
Thema:

1. Playing co op between Xbox one & Xbox one x problems - Similar Threads - Playing between problems

2. play online games between xbox one and a PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    play online games between xbox one and a PC: Hello, is it possible to play online games between xbox one and a PC? if so, how to do it? 1bc1bdd4-614c-4471-969c-210fa92d05bd
  3. XBOX Play anywhere. game icons keeps flickering between xbox one controller and mouse and ...

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Play anywhere. game icons keeps flickering between xbox one controller and mouse and ...: Anyone else have this issue on PC, when playing any xbox game on pc the botton icons keep flickering between controller and kb+m messing my controls up pretty bad and aslo making navigating menus...
  4. I bought and played Gears of War UE between the times of August 25 and December 31 and ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I bought and played Gears of War UE between the times of August 25 and December 31 and ...: I've received every other code except for this one. Please help. Gamertag: . Thanks for the help, friends. 442c74bb-d942-46b4-9f38-846796265df0
  5. Playing games between accounts on the same Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing games between accounts on the same Xbox: Hi So ive played Halo 5 since the day it came out, and ive always had two accounts i use to play it. These accounts have both been on my xbox for years and ive never had a problem switching back...
  6. looking for someone to play halo5 with thats between 13 or 14 years old.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    looking for someone to play halo5 with thats between 13 or 14 years old.: hi im 14 years old and want to play halo5 with someone that age please im really bored my gamertag is TheDarkknight24. d98fcf15-7f04-4e99-8938-cf7ede646a33
  7. Minecraft online play between 360 and Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft online play between 360 and Xbox one: Hi all. Can you please help. Our son and daughter have an Xbox one the other has a 360 both with Xbox live gold. Is it possible for the two of them to play on their own machines and invite each...
  8. Can you play a digital game between 2 Xbox Ones on the same network?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you play a digital game between 2 Xbox Ones on the same network?: If I have a digital game on my Xbox One, can my son play it on his Xbox One if they are on the same network? Like maybe if I am playing another game or watching Netflx of tv?...
  9. Playing games between Xbox360 and Xboxone!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing games between Xbox360 and Xboxone!: Hello everybody,I '' have xbox360 and my friend ''jerrico06'' has xbox one,We cant even play fifa online together as many other games,We would be really appreciate if you send me invitation for...
  10. IPv6 playing with IPv4 Issues? Consistent Disconnect between me and my friend, chat and game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    IPv6 playing with IPv4 Issues? Consistent Disconnect between me and my friend, chat and game.: Me and a friend are trying to play GTA Online together. If he or I host a game, one of us will get disconnected in about 5-10 minutes. The same happens with our party chat, fails after about 5-10...