Playing co op between Xbox one & Xbox one x problems

Discus and support Playing co op between Xbox one & Xbox one x problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Late to the upgrade party, but two weeks ago i got an xbox one x. My brother and i started gears 5 campaign while still had the original xbox one.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WarningRabbit95, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Playing co op between Xbox one & Xbox one x problems

Late to the upgrade party, but two weeks ago i got an xbox one x.

My brother and i started gears 5 campaign while still had the original xbox one.

went to play campaign the other day and whenever i tried to join his game i got an error msg saying the server timed out.

(hes still on his original xbox one.)

didnt matter if i joined invites, in game or off profile. Nothing worked, it all got the same error msg.

is this a common known thing?

does anyone have any suggestions?

:)

WarningRabbit95, Oct 25, 2019
  2. MorganCurtis Win User

It shouldn't matter between two generation's of console, i played with a friend who's currently on the xbox S and there were no issues. As a reccomendation i'd say for you to host instead of joining him, it could be a network error or something in the game
    needs patching.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

There have been Server issues with Gears 5 recently (as
    outlined on their Twitter
    ).

So it might have been an issue on their end.

As for me, I could play perfectly fine on my Xbox One X and a friend playing on his original Xbox One, and his friend playing on a Xbox One S.
  4. WarningRabbit95 Win User

If it helps to know...i dont have any issues joining public multiplayer games. Infact theirs no issues apart from the one i mentioned in my post.
  5. darkist1 Win User

Hey WarningRabbit,

It shouldnt be a problem, I have the Xbox One X and my fiance has my old Xbox One OG, both launch day consoles. You shouldnt have a problem connecting to the games though. Is both your NAT types open?
  6. skylaar Win User

I have an X and my kids have the S versions. We don't have any issues at all playing games together. While we have not tried Gears 5, games like Overwatch, Destiny, Dauntless, etc. have no issues.

I did read a reddit post where a player could not play the campaign with another system in the same house. Other modes worked fine and in the end it was a nat issue on one of the Xbox systems. Hopefully after checking your brothers it will be resolved.
Thema:

1. Playing co op between Xbox one & Xbox one x problems - Similar Threads - Playing between problems

2. Can't do online play between (specifically) two consoles that are game sharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't do online play between (specifically) two consoles that are game sharing: Hey all! My roomate I have been Gamesharing for a few months now, and some time ago we decided to get the Iceborne DLC for Monster Hunter World. We have the DLC on his Xbox account, but since...
  3. cross play between ps4 and xbox. (minecraft)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cross play between ps4 and xbox. (minecraft): hello, i have a Ps4 and i have linked my Microsoft account with the code to my minecraft. the problem is that now when i try to sign in to my microsoft account again on ps4 it pops a message up...
  4. Cross play between Xbox One and Xbox Scarlet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play between Xbox One and Xbox Scarlet?: Lets say you have an xbox one and your friend has an xbox one scarlet. If i get a game like call of duty for mine and he does the same for his. Its the same game but specific for each system (COD...
  5. Save files will not sync between 2 xbox one with the same account while playing minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Save files will not sync between 2 xbox one with the same account while playing minecraft: I have an xbox in the bed room and the living room, both with the same account on it. I have the same, most recent version of minecraft running on both. When I play a world on one xbox and save it...
  6. cross-play Minecraft between ps4 and xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    cross-play Minecraft between ps4 and xbox: it won't let me cross-play Minecraft between ps4 and xbox, it keeps asking me to update parental control but wont let me 43b408e9-17b4-4b0a-a6c4-832ef3493d93
  7. Erro ao utilizar o cross play entre ps4 e pc[Error using cross play between ps4 and pc]

in XBoX on Windows
    Erro ao utilizar o cross play entre ps4 e pc[Error using cross play between ps4 and pc]: Ola, estou tebdo problemas em jogar minecraft com meu amigo. Eu utilizo o ps4 e ele o pc e sempre que tentamos entrar em um mundo, aparece " Nao foi possivel conectar ao mundo" oque eu faço??...
  8. play online games between xbox one and a PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    play online games between xbox one and a PC: Hello, is it possible to play online games between xbox one and a PC? if so, how to do it? 1bc1bdd4-614c-4471-969c-210fa92d05bd
  9. XBOX Play anywhere. game icons keeps flickering between xbox one controller and mouse and ...

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Play anywhere. game icons keeps flickering between xbox one controller and mouse and ...: Anyone else have this issue on PC, when playing any xbox game on pc the botton icons keep flickering between controller and kb+m messing my controls up pretty bad and aslo making navigating menus...
  10. Playing games between accounts on the same Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing games between accounts on the same Xbox: Hi So ive played Halo 5 since the day it came out, and ive always had two accounts i use to play it. These accounts have both been on my xbox for years and ive never had a problem switching back...