Playing different online games on 2 xboxes under 1 Gold membership

Discus and support Playing different online games on 2 xboxes under 1 Gold membership in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve searched all over but couldnt find my exact scenario. I had 1 Xbox one S with a gold membership under 1 gamertag. I now have 2 Xbox one S’s. 1... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MickZito, Jan 14, 2021.

1. MickZito
    MickZito Guest

I’ve searched all over but couldnt find my exact scenario.

I had 1 Xbox one S with a gold membership under 1 gamertag. I now have 2 Xbox one S’s. 1 for my son in his room, 1 for me in the living room. Is it possible for him to be playing an online game
    (I.e. Roblox)in his room on his Xbox, while I’m playing an online game (I.e. Halo 5) in the living room on my Xbox, under my 1 Gold membership? Or does this require an additional Gold membership, or 2 total Gold memberships for the household?

:)

MickZito, Jan 14, 2021
  2. MickZito Win User

The screenshot is off my xbox in the living room. That xbox is set to home. This is with using another made-up gamertag, not my Gold one that my son is using in his room.
  3. Smwutches Win User

If you switch and your son keeps the Gold on the account he's using, he would set the console you're using as his Home in order to share the Gold.
  4. MickZito Win User

If he wishes to use your gamertag, then you do not need to change the settings on
    his Xbox. If the living room Xbox is the one you will be primarily using on a new account, and that is already set as the home Xbox on the account with the membership, then you shouldn't have to do anything.
    Ok, so trying that, I get this:

[​IMG]
  5. MickZito Win User

Hello Mick. Yes this is possible through the Home Xbox feature in settings. To do this, add your account to your son's Xbox. While signed into your account open the settings menu and go to General>Personalization>My Home Xbox, and select set this
    as my home Xbox. You can now sign out of your account. This will allow your son to play your games and use your gold subscription without having to sign into your account on that Xbox.
    Hi. Thanks for the quick response.

i left one tidbit out. My son wishes to use my gamertag with the Gold subscription here on out.

So after that, my son can just carry on with my gamertag and I can create a new one for my living room xbox? Then we can both play differering Gold games online at the same time?

In this case would i still be setting his xbox as the home xbox? Currently my living room xbox is the home xbox that I always played on with my gamertag.

I hope this isnt getting too confusing. I know I’m confused for sure.
  6. soxfan014 Win User

If he wishes to use your gamertag, then you do not need to change the settings on
    his Xbox. If the living room Xbox is the one you will be primarily using on a new account, and that is already set as the home Xbox on the account with the membership, then you shouldn't have to do anything.
Thema:

1. Playing different online games on 2 xboxes under 1 Gold membership - Similar Threads - Playing different online

2. Play game on different PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    Play game on different PC: Hello, I just installed a new PC with windows 10. I want to play a game i played on my old PC (age of empires 2). When im logged in to my account (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus...
  3. Can I play different games on same account

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I play different games on same account: Can I play a game let's say dead by daylight on my xbox, but then play minecraft on my PC at the same time on the same account? 5adb00b8-9e70-4748-b9b6-bff92a2a8da1
  4. XBOX One, how can my children play different games at the same time on different consoles...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX One, how can my children play different games at the same time on different consoles...: So, I have four boys and originally a single XBOX One console, problematic right? When they all want to play different games at the same time. I thought a solution to this would be to add a second...
  5. Playing two different xbox consoles at the same time with one gold subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing two different xbox consoles at the same time with one gold subscription: We just purchased a xbox x series and have a xbox one. Our xbox one is the home console, but both show double nat. I cannot get this fixed. Upnp is enabled, have new xbox wired into modem/router...
  6. Xbox Game Pass- Playing Games under different Gamer Tags

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass- Playing Games under different Gamer Tags: Hello! I bought my boyfriend the new xbox and also created an xbox account so I could purchase the GamePass so he can start playing right away. I don't know much about this; since I had to create...
  7. Cannot play multiplayer games online with friends in a different time zone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot play multiplayer games online with friends in a different time zone: So i recently moved a couple of time zones away from my home state and my only way to hang with friends from back home is to play games with them online. So once a week we play and we decided on...
  8. Time difference in online game play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Time difference in online game play: Have noticed a very large time difference in online game play, from what you do to what the opposite team sees. Most recent is in playing war. I will throw smoke bomb. then move forward after the...
  9. can I play online after my 7 day ban is up even if my enforcement page has a different date?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can I play online after my 7 day ban is up even if my enforcement page has a different date?: I have a multiplayer ban issues that was 7 days but my enforcement page has a 14 day enforcement that was issued for harassment and abuse thorough via messages or voice chat , I was wondering if I...
  10. can I play online after my 7 day ban is up even if my enforcement page has a different date?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can I play online after my 7 day ban is up even if my enforcement page has a different date?: I have a multiplayer ban issues that was 7 days but my enforcement page has a 14 day enforcement that was issued for harassment and abuse thorough via messages or voice chat , I was wondering if I...