Playing disc games on a all digital console.

Discus and support Playing disc games on a all digital console. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Does anybody know if I were to get the new xbox series s console if I would be able to play all of my old games including the ones that were on discs... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by anich_5, Dec 15, 2020.

1. anich_5
    anich_5 Guest

Does anybody know if I were to get the new xbox series s console if I would be able to play all of my old games including the ones that were on discs if I plug in my external hard drive from my old xbox one?

:)

anich_5, Dec 15, 2020
  2. Zenosos Win User

0x803f8001

Is this a game you only bought on disc? As you can't play disc games on an all digital console. You will need to buy a digital game version to play on the all digital console as it uses the disc to still confirm you own the game.
  3. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

I own a game disc but can't install it on a Xbox One S with no CD Drive

Even though a game on physical disc may be downloaded/installed to a console, the disc is still required to actually play the game.

You are referring to the Xbox One S All Digital Edition console? If this is correct, then you will need to purchase a digital copy of the game in order to play on the All Digital console.
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

Is it possible to transfer xbox 360 disc games to xbox one s all-digital

Unfortunately yes.

Digital licenses for games go with the account that purchased them.

The licenses for the Disc games are on the disc themselves that is why you still need to have the disc in the console in order to play the disc games.

With the All digital systems there is no disc drive to put the disc in so you would need to purchase the games digitally if you want to play them on your all digital system.
  5. Smwutches Win User

You would have to ourchase the games digitally in order to be able to play them in the all digital console. Otherwise, the disc has to be used in order for the system to see you have a license which would not be possible.
  6. Smwutches Win User

1 Game to 1 Profile on 2 xboxes?

The problem is the game being on disc and not digital. The disc would need to be used to install and play the game, and since the console at his dad's is all digital it won't work there.
Thema:

1. Playing disc games on a all digital console. - Similar Threads - Playing disc games

2. Can you play Xbox One disc games on pc with Game Pass Ultimate?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you play Xbox One disc games on pc with Game Pass Ultimate?: For example, if I had GTA V on disc for Xbox One could I play it on the computer with Game Pass Ultimate? ab6d3d58-8129-4bd6-8d3b-a67643df688a
  3. Play games owned on disc on Xbox S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Play games owned on disc on Xbox S: Hi, Just brought an Xbox Series S and wondering if you can download digital copies of games that were owned on disc on the Xbox One and play them? 367caab3-fadf-4cfe-b546-6bf702f082ed
  4. Playing a specific game from a disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing a specific game from a disc: I have an original Xbox one. In 2016 I purchased a disc copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider. Until yesterday the game worked just fine. Now whenever I put the disc in, it makes a grinding sound. At...
  5. (HELP) My xbox series X no longer plays disc based games. I get error code 0x87de272b every...

in XboX Insiders
    (HELP) My xbox series X no longer plays disc based games. I get error code 0x87de272b every...: I had this problem a week ago, rang microsoft and was told its a disc drive issue. Sent mine off for "repairs" and got a new replacement a few days later. It worked fine for a couple days but now...
  6. Game that is on a disc and downloaded, is not playing.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game that is on a disc and downloaded, is not playing.: I am having trouble playing Black ops cold war. I own the game on disc and have been playing it since 25th december 2020. however recently the game has stopped working and comes up with the...
  7. Game pass is not letting me play games that I own on disc

in XboX Insiders
    Game pass is not letting me play games that I own on disc: I've owned dirt 4, sea of theives and Titanfall 2 for a while now, with just about 200 hours in each, but there's a slight issue, I lost game pass about 2 months ago, those games haven't been...
  8. Can I backup Xbox 360 games to the Xbox One console, and play them without the disc, like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I backup Xbox 360 games to the Xbox One console, and play them without the disc, like...: I would like to know if it is possible to backup Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One console, to then later port all data and games from the Xbox One console to the Xbox Series S, and be able to play...
  9. Cold War x/s disc version crashing and lagging badly every game I play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cold War x/s disc version crashing and lagging badly every game I play: I purchased my game a while ago and it was running fine on my xbox one s version, around christmas time i got the new xbox series x and now everytime i play black ops coldwar it simply crashes and...
  10. Bought disc and game don't play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought disc and game don't play: I bought modern warfare and installed the disc . Every time I go to play it it says i do not own the game . $60 says i do ! I've installed it over and over and it still don't work ....