Playing game disc vs installing or downloading.....how????

Discus and support Playing game disc vs installing or downloading.....how???? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; we are trying to insert a game disc and just play it....why does it INSIST on installing the game? We just want our son to be able to play the games... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Steve W JR, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Steve W JR
    Steve W JR Guest

we are trying to insert a game disc and just play it....why does it INSIST on installing the game? We just want our son to be able to play the games we bought him. Any advice? what are we missing? Help please

:)

Steve W JR, Dec 26, 2014
  2. Please help

Do you have the game installed to your hd or just playing off the disc?

If just playing off the disc, try installing it.

a tired old guy, Dec 26, 2014
  3. CorpsesREZ
    CorpsesREZ Guest
    Disc not playing or installing

So I just bought black ops 2 and it wont play or let me completely install it. Someone help because I spent $60 on a piece of plastic, that does not work. Please tell me what I can do before I go up to GameStop and probably get kicked out for chewing their
    a** out.

CorpsesREZ, Dec 26, 2014
  4. JetCityGambler Win User

can I play games that were not bought in xbox store without discs using xbox live account?

No, the disc copies of games you purchased need to have the disc in the console to play, even after installation. There are upsides and downsides to disc vs. downloaded games, this is one of the downsides of buying a physical copy.
  5. SHoTTa35 Win User

Halo 4 Campain Reclaimer Mission Problem

I think Errick was saying to install Disc 1 to your system instead of just disk 2. That way it plays from the HDD vs the disc.
  6. Killswitch51880 Win User

Digital Copy popping up error about disc

I'm getting the same thing when I try to play MX vs ATV Alive and GTA IV multiplayer, GTA IV is installed from disc. My friend is also saying his new copy of Destiny is giving him the disc error installed and from disc.
  7. BrianGunter Win User

Xbox 1. ...Fail For those of us that live in DIXIE

[quote user="v SHADOWVIPER v"]3. I do not currently install games hence you have simply given my statement validity.

[/quote]

You really should install your games. The 360's disc drive is know for failure so if you're constantly running games then it's only a matter of time before it stops working. And installing games vs. playing them from the disc will not change any type of
    licensing agreements, it's the exact same thing.
  8. Malacath Win User

can you install one game while playing another

@M Bierce

You can't play a disc game while installing another disc game

But you can play a disc game while another is downloading, play a download while installing a disc or play a download while installing another download.
Thema:

1. Playing game disc vs installing or downloading.....how???? - Similar Threads - Playing game disc

2. I have Disc versions of games on Xbox One, how will i play them on Series S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have Disc versions of games on Xbox One, how will i play them on Series S?: I have several disc games for my Xbox One, i am buying a Series S, but how will i pay them on it? f4871975-3c6c-4b71-91dc-246ec3f43927
  3. Playing Xbox Disc Games on New Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing Xbox Disc Games on New Xbox Series S: Is it possible to use an external USB optical drive to play xbox disc based games on the new xbox series S console which is not equipped with a built in optical drive?...
  4. How to play old games on XBOX Series S (disc versions)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to play old games on XBOX Series S (disc versions): Hi! Short question: I want to pre-order a XBOX Series S, this console does not provide an optical drive. I do have a lot of old disc based games (e. g. Dead Space 2 or Assassins Creed Odyssy)....
  5. CANNOT PLAY GAMES ON DISCS AFTER UNSUBSCRIBING TO GAME PASS | Error 0x803f8001

in XBoX Games and Apps
    CANNOT PLAY GAMES ON DISCS AFTER UNSUBSCRIBING TO GAME PASS | Error 0x803f8001: Good day! I am having trouble playing the games on discs after unsubscribing to Game Pass. I was able to install the game properly but keep on receiving this message: "If you have a game disc,...
  6. Unable to play any games disc games don’t update can’t download purchases

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to play any games disc games don’t update can’t download purchases: [img] Greetings all. I’m having this maddening issue with my Xbox one since an firmware auto update a few months ago. 1) Games installed via disc will copy and install just fine but once i try...
  7. Play a disc game without the disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Play a disc game without the disc?: I bought Call of duty BO2 around 2 years ago and I lost the disc. i want to know if there is a way to play it without needing to put in my disc. 93b15d1d-89c4-451e-8930-3d163efddf15
  8. can you play xbox games without using a disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can you play xbox games without using a disc: recently my xbox one s broke and no longer reads discs. so now i can only play games i have digitally downloaded onto my xbox but i have tons of games that are discs that i want to play and i dont...
  9. No Mans Sky game pass and disc will not play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Mans Sky game pass and disc will not play: Initially my No Mans Sky disc started to glitch and after a few weeks failed to play , I ordered a new disc and got game pass , the game pass worked for a few weeks and then failed . The new disc...
  10. Xbox1s discless how do I play disc games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox1s discless how do I play disc games?: So i recently got a Xbox 1S discless and i cant play any of my disc games and i dont want to have to buy them all back on the xbox is there a way yall can transfer my disc games to my Xbox 1s...