Playing game disc vs installing or downloading.....how????

Discus and support Playing game disc vs installing or downloading.....how???? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; we are trying to insert a game disc and just play it....why does it INSIST on installing the game? We just want our son to be able to play the games... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Steve W JR, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Steve W JR
    Steve W JR Guest

we are trying to insert a game disc and just play it....why does it INSIST on installing the game? We just want our son to be able to play the games we bought him. Any advice? what are we missing? Help please

:)

Steve W JR, Dec 26, 2014
  2. Please help

Do you have the game installed to your hd or just playing off the disc?

If just playing off the disc, try installing it.

a tired old guy, Dec 26, 2014
  3. CorpsesREZ
    CorpsesREZ Guest
    Disc not playing or installing

So I just bought black ops 2 and it wont play or let me completely install it. Someone help because I spent $60 on a piece of plastic, that does not work. Please tell me what I can do before I go up to GameStop and probably get kicked out for chewing their
    a** out.

CorpsesREZ, Dec 26, 2014
  4. JetCityGambler Win User

can I play games that were not bought in xbox store without discs using xbox live account?

No, the disc copies of games you purchased need to have the disc in the console to play, even after installation. There are upsides and downsides to disc vs. downloaded games, this is one of the downsides of buying a physical copy.
  5. SHoTTa35 Win User

Halo 4 Campain Reclaimer Mission Problem

I think Errick was saying to install Disc 1 to your system instead of just disk 2. That way it plays from the HDD vs the disc.
  6. Killswitch51880 Win User

Digital Copy popping up error about disc

I'm getting the same thing when I try to play MX vs ATV Alive and GTA IV multiplayer, GTA IV is installed from disc. My friend is also saying his new copy of Destiny is giving him the disc error installed and from disc.
  7. BrianGunter Win User

Xbox 1. ...Fail For those of us that live in DIXIE

[quote user="v SHADOWVIPER v"]3. I do not currently install games hence you have simply given my statement validity.

[/quote]

You really should install your games. The 360's disc drive is know for failure so if you're constantly running games then it's only a matter of time before it stops working. And installing games vs. playing them from the disc will not change any type of
    licensing agreements, it's the exact same thing.
  8. Malacath Win User

can you install one game while playing another

@M Bierce

You can't play a disc game while installing another disc game

But you can play a disc game while another is downloading, play a download while installing a disc or play a download while installing another download.
Thema:

1. Playing game disc vs installing or downloading.....how???? - Similar Threads - Playing game disc

2. Xbox One first gen won't play Xbox One game disc ONLY!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One first gen won't play Xbox One game disc ONLY!!!!: I recently got Doom Eternal on disc and as of today, it seems that my Xbox will no longer play it. I have tried other Xbox One discs and they don't work either. However, Xbox 360, Blu-Rays, DVDs,...
  3. Disc bought game, but now asking for £60 digital payment to play in full???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc bought game, but now asking for £60 digital payment to play in full???: My son bought modern warfare on disc at xmas and has played it plenty online, campaign multiplayer and co-op. Since there has been a new update for modern warfare ( Warzone) it says he now has to...
  4. No option to play game when disc is inserted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No option to play game when disc is inserted: I've inserted my disc but the problem is on my xbox home page there is no option for me to play it. When I take the disc out there is also no "insert disc" icon anywhere. What's the issue?...
  5. I just bought a xbox one (disc-free) and I cannot play the additional bought games

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just bought a xbox one (disc-free) and I cannot play the additional bought games: Just after installing my new Xbox One, I entered the codes of Mortal Combat 11 and gta V, but I cannot launch it... After I re-enter the codes, I get just get the message: "codes already...
  6. Xbox not playing bethesda game disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox not playing bethesda game disc: Not sure if anyone else is having this problem but a few months ago my xbox started having trouble reading bethesda games. i have tried other games and they work fine just fallout4 and skyrim wont...
  7. Xbox One - Can you play a game from disc while another is updating?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Can you play a game from disc while another is updating?: I am updating Call of Duty: Modern Warfare without a disc. While it is updating, can I play another game from disc that is already installed? Thanks. ecf18e88-3274-4d6a-8b04-6b67eba6a204
  8. Can’t play disc games because of Xbox Game Pass trial?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t play disc games because of Xbox Game Pass trial?: Hey, so i did the trial for Xbox Game Pass back in November and havent really touched my Xbox since, i tried to get on and play some games today and keep getting greeted with the error 0x8003f900a...
  9. Had game pass ,but gearz 5 would not play even with a new disc but, still saying corrupt,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Had game pass ,but gearz 5 would not play even with a new disc but, still saying corrupt,...: Have game pass ultimate, to play gears 5 but after awhile the game went corrupt and uninstalled and reinstall it and it didn't help so i brought the actual game disc ''brand new'' and it still...
  10. Playing a disc game that is eligible to play for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Playing a disc game that is eligible to play for PC: Hello! A few years back I bought Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. I remembered that it is eligible to play on the pc, but I don't know how I can do that. The copy I bought was disc version, and I...