Playing on Xbox and through browser using XCloud

Discus and support Playing on Xbox and through browser using XCloud in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I would have thought this was possible? My son is playing a game on our xbox using his kid account linked to my main xbox account, and then I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by martinpitel, Jan 23, 2022.

1. martinpitel
    martinpitel Guest

Hi all,

I would have thought this was possible?

My son is playing a game on our xbox using his kid account linked to my main xbox account, and then I use my xbox account to log into xbox game pass ultimate and then want to play an xcloud game through Microsoft Edge browser, but every-time my game starts up it displays a message on the xbox saying that my user has started a game somewhere else and my son then has to decide who can play. On the browser it displays this

You’re playing somewhere else

You’re allowed to play one game at a time. To play here instead, launch your game again.

Is this correct or what do I have todo to get this to work? I have made my xbox the home xbox.

Surely we should be able to play two games, one on xbox and one of xcloud using Xbox Ultimate?

:)

martinpitel, Jan 23, 2022
  2. martinpitel Win User

Cheers,

I got it to work by signing myself out of the actual xbox and then using xcloud, so my son is signed into the xbox and playing a seperate game, and it works now! Also assigned my xbox as the home console.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

your account can only be used in one place at a time, cloud gaming cannot be shared with other accounts, that is a perk for the subscriber only.
  4. SamQY Win User

Games on MacBook

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

No, you will need a Windows PC to run Game Pass games. You can use games that are on xCloud in your browser but you will need the Game Pass Ultimate subscription, it's in a region that xCloud supports and a controller. But unfortunately, so far, Minecraft is not on xCloud but it has great games there that you can enjoy. You can play cloud games in your browser at xbox.com/play.
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Stream to PC without Xbox

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Microsoft has the Xcloud service that is included as a benefit for people who subscribe to the ultimate game pass. As a subscriber to the service, you could play Xbox games via streaming, through your PC Xbox app, or browsers.

Learn more about xcloud through the link below:

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-game-streaming/...

- In order to use xcloud, your country must support the service, check the list of countries at the link below.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/regions

*Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Is Microsoft aware that we cannot play xCloud over 5G on iOS due to overheating and device throttling?

But you don't use any code in your phone to run Xcloud games, it's like streaming a video, as Xcloud runs trough the browser
Thema:

1. Playing on Xbox and through browser using XCloud - Similar Threads - Playing through browser

2. Continue playing a game I played through game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Continue playing a game I played through game pass: Hey everybody! It's my first time asking stuff here. I played few hours Witcher 3 last time it was on Gamepass. Now I want to play it again, so I'm thinking of buying it, but I was wondering if...
  3. I bought an Xbox Gold membership online through my phone now I can't play online I have...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought an Xbox Gold membership online through my phone now I can't play online I have...: I bought an Xbox live Gold gamer pass on my phone it came with Xbox live I was able to use it for a day after calling Microsoft support no I don't have Xbox live Gold and I get error code 8015000A...
  4. My game is blurry while playing games through the game pass app on my tablet and phone

in XboX Insiders
    My game is blurry while playing games through the game pass app on my tablet and phone: I want to know if theres any solution to fix the blur, my internet speed is 1gb and I tried using a tab s7+ and z fold 3 but both of them are blurry while gaming through the game pass app...
  5. Mouse on keyboard disconnecting while playing games through the xbox app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Mouse on keyboard disconnecting while playing games through the xbox app: On any game that I play through the xbox app on windows 11 (i.e., Halo Infinite and Sea of Thieves) my mouse and keyboard will intermittently disconnect. The only way to fix it is by unplugging...
  6. Audio not playing through headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio not playing through headset: Audio playing through tv with headset connect tried everything on youtube nothing works is xbox broken?????? So annoying d6f4da98-f19e-4202-b6e9-506148b5fca8
  7. Playing PC Game purchased through Steam and Xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Playing PC Game purchased through Steam and Xbox: I purchased Dragon Builders Quest 2 through the Xbox PC Application. My friend purchased the same game for PC through Steam. How can we play the multiplayer online together? I was told since they...
  8. How do I stop game sounds playing through my headset?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I stop game sounds playing through my headset?: My game sounds are playing through my headset and I only want it playing through my TV, how do I stop it coming through headset? 381ea86a-b77b-43d2-83ea-3c015bdab77b
  9. PC Game Pass error code when trying to install or play any games through Xbox App on Win10...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Game Pass error code when trying to install or play any games through Xbox App on Win10...: PC Game Pass error code when trying to install or play any games through Xbox App on Win10 or Win11, didn't see a mention of this occurring on PC on the official forum? Havent seen but 2 small...
  10. Does playing a game through Game Pass for PC mess with buying DLC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does playing a game through Game Pass for PC mess with buying DLC?: I recently bought the DLC for Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition, but can't get them to work. The game acts as if I haven't purchased/installed them. (Yet when I click the icon in-game to buy...