Playing "Online" games while offline

Discus and support Playing "Online" games while offline in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been trying to get into a certain online game while offline (I have definitely seen multiple people accomplish this). I made sure the console... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RedIDriver, May 14, 2022.

1. RedIDriver
    RedIDriver Guest

I have been trying to get into a certain online game while offline (I have definitely seen multiple people accomplish this). I made sure the console was set as my Home Xbox, as well as restarted the console without going back online. Usually (while offline), I will receive the Xbox "You need to be online for this game" message a few times when I try to launch the online game. However, after trying to launch the game again several times, I will stop getting this message. For a minute, it appears as if the game is launching normally, with a loading screen and everything, but just before fully getting into the game, I receive an error message, except this time from the game itself, not an Xbox error message. I am sure the game in question has certain ways to play that are completely single-player and with no matchmaking of any kind involved, yet I continue to receive an "Ethernet disconnected" error message from the game just before getting in. I understand that this may be a more game-specific issue, but if there is anything that can be done to access an "online" game normally while offline, please let me know. I have seen many others access a game like this legitimately, so I am quite confident this is possible (I only intend to use fully offline, single-player modes in this game, if I do successfully launch it while offline).

:)

RedIDriver, May 14, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

If I may ask, what is the game that you're trying to play offline?

This will really depend with the game so we need to check and validate.
  3. Thebeanmeister Win User

Can’t play anything offline

That didn’t do anything but I did find out that in order to play a game while the Xbox is in offline mode I have to start the game while online and then it will work offline
  4. HE6LLSP6AWN6 Win User

MW3 DLC4 won't load in Live

Download while playing offline games or watch a movie, dont play online till it loads
  5. Catherine Cus. Win User

Game cannot run offline after latest update!

Thanks for the quick response.

We suggest enabling offline play on your device. Refer to
    Play games offline on Windows using Offline mode
    for the steps.

Be mindful that there are features of the game that can’t be played while you’re offline such as the following:

• Online Co-Op
    • Online Free Roam
    • Online Multiplayer
    • Auction House
    • Rivals
    • Forzathon
    • Clubs

Keep us posted with the status of your concern.
  6. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Minecraft Worlds backed up?

I recommend starting your world while online so you have it synced! Well there are no problems when you play online or offline, the only downside of playing offline is not having your games synced with the cloud!
Thema:

1. Playing "Online" games while offline - Similar Threads - Playing Online games

2. I can't play online games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play online games: When I'm going into a multiplayer game I get stuck or I get a check service connection message. This only happens with online games 90748816-a6ae-4f9b-8369-bf306575ecd4
  3. Series X wont play 360 games online

in XBoX Accessibility
    Series X wont play 360 games online: Ok so here goes. Trying to play with friends on Gears of War 3 with series X. We play every other week together and all was working great until last week. When trying to log into the game , it...
  4. Unable to play certain games online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play certain games online: My friend and I are trying to play Dying Light 2 together but this past Friday he ran into an issue where he could no longer see me online. He was not receiving my in-game invites and the ones he...
  5. Alpha skip ahead. Unable to play games online

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead. Unable to play games online: Hello! I have only tried Apex and Fortnite… but I am unable to get into the games to play. Apex says I’m unable to contact EA servers and Fortnite won’t go past the title screen. I haven’t tried...
  6. DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 This game cannot be played online with friends on Xbox Game Pass for PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 This game cannot be played online with friends on Xbox Game Pass for PC: This problem has been discussed by many people in the comment area, and it has not been fixed yet. I hope Microsoft can fix it. After all, it is so sad that an online game cannot be connected...
  7. Disconnection From Host While Playing Online Multiplayer Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disconnection From Host While Playing Online Multiplayer Games: I've reset my Xbox, manually Input my information, bought a new router, and changed my NAT settings to Open and I'm still getting disconnected from Host. What is going on? Could it be the game?...
  8. Can you play an Xbox/Microsoft free online account game on PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you play an Xbox/Microsoft free online account game on PC?: I want to get Fable 2 and 3 and it says that they're for Xbox. I don't have a paid account for xbox like xbox live so I'm wondering if I could buy these games and download them, and then play them...
  9. I cant play a specific game online and i cant seem to figure out why.

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant play a specific game online and i cant seem to figure out why.: I'm trying to play Stardew Valley online on game pass for pc, and for some reason my account wont let me play it online. I've tried it on my my pc and the online function just doesn't work. I...
  10. Can't play Dark Souls games online without a game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Dark Souls games online without a game pass?: So I've been playing dark souls for a couple of months now, recently finished DS2 and am now onto DS3. I recently got rid of my game pass because I wasn't using it and noticed that I can now no...