Playing Xbox Game Pass with my daughter

Discus and support Playing Xbox Game Pass with my daughter in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I currently subscribe to the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and I have both an Xbox One X and PC. The game Grounded has just been released on the game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MightyJoe2001, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Playing Xbox Game Pass with my daughter

Hi,

I currently subscribe to the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and I have both an Xbox One X and PC. The game Grounded has just been released on the game pass and I really want to play it with my daughter! She has an account on my Xbox (a seperate one from mine)
    which she uses to play the games I get and download.

So I wanted to play Grounded on PC whilst she plays it from her account on my xbox, but everytime we load hers up it says "you are already playing this game on another device, please close it to continue". I've checked and its her account its being opened
    from. Other forum posts say you can play games at the same time provided they are on different accounts, but I cannot for the life of me figure out whats going on.

So my questions are:

- Can both my and my daughter play Grounded together using my xbox game pass

- If so.....how??

Many thanks

:)

MightyJoe2001, Jul 30, 2020
  2. MindOfTim Win User

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

You should be able to play while the other account is offline. I have two xbox's. My account has game pass ultimate. It is set to my daughters xbox as its home xbox. My daughter is freely able to download and play games from GamePass while I'm both completely
    offline, and also when I'm logged onto the other xbox that isnt my home xbox.

I would suggest trying a full power cycle and trying to play the game again
  3. AridLizard Win User

Xbox - Home Xbox

there are several factors involved to choosing the best options for setting the Home Xbox.

1; how many people play on each one

2; which account purchased digital games and/or Live Gold and/or Game Pass

if it is only your Daughter that uses the Xbox then all she needs to do is sign in and she can play her games even if the Xbox isn't the Home Xbox.

if you use the Xbox and games, Live Gold and/or Game Pass are on your account then you would want to make the Xbox at your Daughter's Grandmother's the Home Xbox for your account, then when your Daughter is at home, you would need to sign in to the Xbox
    then switch profile by pressing the Xbox button then pressing LB 4 times to get to the sign in tab, then select your Daughter's account and she will have access to the games and services.

if other people use the Xbox at your home and the games/Live Gold/Game Pass are on your Daughter's account, she sets the Xbox at yours as her Home Xbox and then she'll have access to games and services at both places and you will have access on the Xbox
    at yours.

hope this helps
  4. LegoNinja187 Win User

Xbox Gold & Game pass sharing

So in this situation, for all 3 of you to have access to Gold and Game pass, with you and your wife sharing Xbox 1 and your daughter having Xbox 2, there a couple of ways you can do this.

1. you will need to redeem/purchase the Gold and Game pass subscrptions on/through your daughters profile. Then set Xbox 1 as your daughters home Xbox.

2. Continue redeeming/Purchasing Gold and Game pass on which ever account you have been (I will assume yours) then set Xbox 2 as your home Xbox so that your daughter gets to use Gold and Game pass. You will also be able to use Gold and Game pass, the only
    thing to note is that if your wife (on Xbox 1) wants to use Gold and/or Game pass she will need to have your account signed in while she is using Gold and Game pass.
  5. AridLizard Win User

Family member can't play games without account manager being signed in

I have two consoles, one for my daughter and son to share and one for me with my sons profile on it as well. When he tries to sign on to my console it asks him to buy game pass or live gold if I'm not signed in. The console that my daughter has
    is set as the home box.
    keep them set that way round so that they can play on their Xbox while you are on yours. if they want to play games using both Xboxes you can sign in on yours and then switch to your son's account for him to play.
  6. RobertMatthews2 Win User

Black ops 3 season pass

I purchased the call of duty : black ops 3 season pass for my daughter a few months ago . She got all the downloaded content but she can't access it . Says she still needs to purchase season pass ?? I bought three season passes . Three copies of the game
    . One for my daughter , step daughter and me . I'm not paying another fifty for a season pass . I will switch us all over to PlayStation 4 .
Thema:

Playing Xbox Game Pass with my daughter

1. Playing Xbox Game Pass with my daughter - Similar Threads - Playing Game Pass

2. Xbox Game Pass PC - Won't let me play installed games and restarts when I attempt.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC - Won't let me play installed games and restarts when I attempt.: Hello all, I've been running into this issue for the past two days. I have an active account for the Xbox game pass on my pc and I can download games, but when I attempt to play them it shuts...
  3. Error that won't let me play any GAME PASS game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error that won't let me play any GAME PASS game: [img] I have this error and I couldn't solve it in any way, someone help me please a109b0c9-0614-413c-98a5-a832e6207154
  4. Game pass stopping me playing games,.what a scam.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass stopping me playing games,.what a scam.: The long and short of it i got 3 months game pass,.played Ori/forest and Ori/wisp on it...cancelled subscription,.bought Ori wisp on diac,.never worked,juat said update my pass,..last week got Ori...
  5. Not able to play World of Tanks even with xbox game pass ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not able to play World of Tanks even with xbox game pass ultimate: Hello, today i got Xbox Gamepass Ultimate but when i try to play World of Tanks on multiplayer it has a big padlock logo on it and i cant do anything. Please help...
  6. I am unable to play games on the Xbox Game Pass (PC). It tells me game services are down,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am unable to play games on the Xbox Game Pass (PC). It tells me game services are down,...: To start, I recently tried playing Fallout 76, but was met with a no multiplayer privilege error. I had installed this game on a separate SSD which was a known issue, so I reinstalled on my C (OS)...
  7. Can't play a game after buying the game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play a game after buying the game pass: I bought a game called rocket league about 2 years ago and iv'e had it ever since. I recently bought the xbox gamepass for a month. After the gamepass subscription ran out i wasn't able to play...
  8. i cancelled my game pass subscription and now i can’t play games i own

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cancelled my game pass subscription and now i can’t play games i own: i brought 1 months worth of xbox game pass and cancelled it after a month. i then went to play rainbow six seige and it says i have to buy the game pass to play it. but i already owned the game as...
  9. Xbox Game Pass for Windows 10 won't install or play games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for Windows 10 won't install or play games: Hi All, I have just bought a new PC but am still using the same hard drive as before, I am having the issue where games won't launch if already installed, will get stuck on preparing if I try to...
  10. Ultimate Game Pass Subscriber cannot play multiplayer games on PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    Ultimate Game Pass Subscriber cannot play multiplayer games on PC?: I just downloaded Fallout 76 on my PC. I am an Xbox ultimate game pass subscriber when I tried to play the game it says my profile does not allow multiplayer games to be played? What do I do?...