Playing Xbox One without Internet

Discus and support Playing Xbox One without Internet in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am bringing my Xbox One to a remote location without internet. Can I still play the system with XBox 360 disks? 4f034f14-7430-438d-9c71-4a6292b7522c Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JoQ_2019, Jan 7, 2019.

1. JoQ_2019
    JoQ_2019 Guest

I am bringing my Xbox One to a remote location without internet. Can I still play the system with XBox 360 disks?

:)

JoQ_2019, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

When you insert a backwards compatible Xbox 360 disc into an Xbox One you're prompted for an update. Unlike Xbox One games, this 'update' isn't a game patch, it is 'the game' modified to run on the Xbox One platform.

All backwards compatible Xbox 360 disc based games require an Internet connection for the initial download. After this you'll only need the disc to verify ownership. Without internet access, you won't be able to play any additional games. But the games
    already installed will work fine.

So that all of your digital games work offline, be sure to set your home console correctly.
  3. Zero Jehuty Win User

Did some research and it seems that you will need to make sure to install the game before you lose your internet connection.

There are reports Oblivion does NOT work offline but if you have the DLC it will work *This seems to be the only exception to that rule"
  4. brandiesel1 Win User

Keep in mind that you can use your phone's mobile data to connect your Xbox to the internet......If you need to.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Joq,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. You are able to play offline, however keep in mind that some backward compatible games will not work offline. Also this is very important before going to this location, you will want to turn the console
    offline while its connected to the internet, it lets Microsoft know the console is offline. To do this go to Settings>network>network settings>then click go offline. This will allow you to play games offline. If your home console is set on a different console
    also make sure that you change it to your console you are taking with you.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. DapperCrane Win User

You will be able to play some content. Make sure you have all the updates and content installed. You should have to option to "play offline" for games not required to have an internet connection you should be alright.
Thema:

1. Playing Xbox One without Internet - Similar Threads - Playing without Internet

2. Son can’t play Minecraft dlc on switch without internet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Son can’t play Minecraft dlc on switch without internet: need an offline solution: The new Minecraft version for the switch requires login from my Xbox live account every time my son wants to access items he’s purchased in the store. Apparently the...
  3. Need to be able to play WITHOUT INTERNET CONNECTION after first login and play with xbox ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need to be able to play WITHOUT INTERNET CONNECTION after first login and play with xbox ...: Dear developers, The game has an offline mode, but whenever I want to start the program without internet connection. it tell me the game must be executed under internet connection. What a...
  4. XBOX LIED ABOUT BEING ABLE TO STILL PLAY GAMES WITHOUT INTERNET CONNECTION!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX LIED ABOUT BEING ABLE TO STILL PLAY GAMES WITHOUT INTERNET CONNECTION!!!: Do you remember those campaign ads between playstation and xbox, especially the one about being able to play games off line? We xbox users were so angry about xbox saying you had to have an...
  5. Can't play the giant without internet..

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play the giant without internet..: Hello, I'm on Xbox One and I bought the game Black ops 3 in store. Later, I bought the map The Giant on the Xbox market. The card is installed and running. However, as soon as my Xbox is...
  6. Can need for speed 2015 be played without internet connection?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can need for speed 2015 be played without internet connection?: Once I buy the game. Can the game be played without any internet? I am asking this question because in game requirements they have mentioned it need internet connection. Xbox need for speed...
  7. Is it possible to play head to head with another Xbox One without an internet connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to play head to head with another Xbox One without an internet connection?: My family camps quite a bit in areas without any cell phone service or internet connection. We want to play multiplayer games in our RV with two Xbox One consoles. Is this possible? Thank you in...
  8. How can I play my Xbox one without internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I play my Xbox one without internet: why can't I play my Xbox one without internet I already updated every game an my console but it keep saying I need to connect to Xbox live to play my games 8971b017-a5c0-47d0-b7bd-44cc74cd6861
  9. Is it possible to play offline without internet connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to play offline without internet connection?: My account doesn't allow me to play all my games offline. Everytime i try to sign in on my account, it says that I need to be connected to xbox live. But isn't it really stupid that i can't play...
  10. Buy games in live can play without internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Buy games in live can play without internet?: I want to buy some games on live but can not use the internet at home, is or have to be logged to play? bcc13956-8827-433b-aeee-555f989c39d7