Please fix bug with "Xbox go to Spotify" voice command

Discus and support Please fix bug with "Xbox go to Spotify" voice command in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When using my Kinect for Xbox voice commands (no more Cortana), there is a bug with the Spotify app. If I say, "Xbox go to Spotify", it tries to open... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by reptilian, Jun 3, 2020.

1. reptilian
    reptilian Guest

When using my Kinect for Xbox voice commands (no more Cortana), there is a bug with the Spotify app.

If I say, "Xbox go to Spotify", it tries to open Groove Music, which opens the MS store.

The workaround to open Spotify with voice command is to speak the long phrase, "Xbox go to Spotify Music for Xbox One", which is the title of the app.

This should be an easy fix from MS or Spotify.

Also, if I simply say, "Xbox play music", it says in the upper corner, "Can't play music from here" and I get the error code 0x80070490.

Please at least fix the "Xbox go to Spotify" bug. I have seen others on Reddit with the same issue.

It seems like Spotify/MS would just need to rename their apps or app links to fix this.

:)

reptilian, Jun 3, 2020
  2. JollIyy Win User

I think microsoft is working to fix the problem
  3. Arthurhahnmiles Win User

"Xbox Go to Settings" voice command does not work after fresh reboot.

We appreciate you providing that information. Please also share that information with us on our

Feedback page
    as we value all Xbox community input and ideas. You can create a new thread or post on an existing thread if you locate a similar one. This is a good way to submit an idea regarding something you'd like to see changed in a future Xbox update
    and can also help in making the proper teams aware of something you're experiencing.

If you would rather
    revert to original Xbox commands
    , please follow the steps on that page under "Revert to Xbox commands". You can also switch back to Cortana at another time.

Additionally we have more info on Xbox One voice commands via this
    guide
    Dear Mister Cazador,

Sorry for not replying so long,

So is this confirmed to be a bug/glitch?

On two conditions, (1) when fresh new booted, (2) without network connection,

the bug/glitch is activated, (3) "Xbox, Go to Settings" voice command not working.

Is this going to likely be fixed in next update /or in the future updates?

Thank you very much.
  4. LBCportagee Win User

Xbox On Command Doesn't Work

I have the exact same problem. Everything was working fine. Turning on and off using voice commands. No changes made to settings. My xbox froze when I tried to shut it off using the controller. I powered off and back on. it was on the same frozen screen.
    I had to unplug the xbox for it to go away. Ever since then the xbox on command does not work. All other voice commands appear to be working. Come on xbox lets get this stuff taken care of....A fix please!!
  5. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Cortana and Kinect problem

Hi Rgiskard,

sorry to hear.Maybe a misunderstanding or false Country or because my One works with INSIDER?? Here my Kinect still work?? And I found this at the XBOX Support

"Where is cortana?"

f you have a Kinect connected to your Xbox One, you can use

Xbox voice commands
    . This means you can use commands like “Xbox, go home,” “Xbox, pause,” and “Xbox, record that” to control your console. If you were previously using Cortana voice commands, you’ll automatically switch over to Xbox voice commands.

If you haven’t used voice commands before, go to
    Settings > Devices & Streaming >
    Kinect to enable.

Hope this helps and please keep us informed.
  6. ngocphi Win User

changing language or region

ball that's not a bug

voice commands are location based just like your account language

why have English commands for a French Kinect game it doesn't make sense the French accent would throw things off

if you use voice command software like dragon dictate or a smartphone you would know accents and location does play into voice recognition
Thema:

1. Please fix bug with "Xbox go to Spotify" voice command - Similar Threads - Please fix bug

2. With the wave of new consoles coming, please fix the long standing music streaming while...

in XboX Insiders
    With the wave of new consoles coming, please fix the long standing music streaming while...: For those not in the know, 360 and Xbox One can (or could) stream music from a device or phone and play it back. It also allowed it to be done well gaming (perfect for long call of duty or Destiny...
  3. please fix gifting games across account regions

in XboX Insiders
    please fix gifting games across account regions: I gifted a game to a family member who's account is set to a different 'region' than mine. When the family member tried to redeem the game, the error was "GeoRestricted kDmBfM/uG0qr4+gb.11.1.6.7"...
  4. Outlaws to the end co-op mission pack please fix this.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Outlaws to the end co-op mission pack please fix this.: So I know that for years that this free DLC called outlaws to the end co-op mission pack for Red dead redemption 1 on the xbox 360 not the xbox backwards compatible via xbox one as this issue...
  5. Microsoft bingo,.. there is no connection ,please fix this problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft bingo,.. there is no connection ,please fix this problem: Please there is again no connection with the game Microsoft Bingo ,fix this please this is getting verry anoying . One a week this is happening. 4bb190ce-1261-4996-b11e-ea2d38153683
  6. could someone please fix microsoft bingo.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    could someone please fix microsoft bingo.: could someone please fix bingo. 671f1ddb-f143-4906-b05a-5551a12f1557
  7. Xbox please fix the buying backward compatibility games bug!!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox please fix the buying backward compatibility games bug!!!!!: When is Microsoft going to fix the issue that we are all having with buying the backward compatibility games on our xbox ones consoles???? I do not have an Xbox 360 console so therefore cannot...
  8. There a Bug on those Achievement i had them unlock now look at it so please fix the bug in it ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    There a Bug on those Achievement i had them unlock now look at it so please fix the bug in it ...: [img] be1185d3-f88b-40dc-bbda-6813c8bf2546
  9. Fix the bugs please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fix the bugs please: Please fix the bugs with the new Xbox Live update! They are too annoyoing. b5e93ba5-959d-4fec-846a-01d988d021cb
  10. Unable to play campaign. *BUG* PLEASE FIX

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play campaign. *BUG* PLEASE FIX: Unable to play campaign. *BUG* PLEASE FIX I am unable to complete the campaign. Mission Provocation - Third part of the mission (the docks mission) it shows the beginning cutscene with the...